Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

NC12: diary of an L.A. tank

gena

Yes...he is way too young to have a girlfriend. He's been friends with her since kindergarten. It's just a sweet and innocent relationship :happy:

Lol! My daughter had her first "boyfriend" last summer, at 11. They met at summer camp, and "dated" through daily emails and one invite each to autumn birthdays. Turns out the kid was the much younger brother of a boy my husband had taught (he's a martial artist) some 15 years ago, so he knew the whole family! The young man was very sweet, the relationship was totally innocent, and my daughter proved she can hang with the boys (there's a great pic of her at the paint ball party he had, just one of the guys covered in paint and dirt). After about 4 months, they exchanged the "we really just feel like friends" message and "broke up". It was hysterical, and I thought a great first relationship since there was no heartbreak involved :lol:.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Glad you had a good time! You know I lived there forever and I never went to any of the Getty museums. :(

Which one was that?

If you need help with your sig...just let me know...or Joel. He loves to make sigs :happy:

Me too! B)

That's what they want you to think. :P

That's exactly what I was going to say :lol:

Lol! My daughter had her first "boyfriend" last summer, at 11. They met at summer camp, and "dated" through daily emails and one invite each to autumn birthdays. Turns out the kid was the much younger brother of a boy my husband had taught (he's a martial artist) some 15 years ago, so he knew the whole family! The young man was very sweet, the relationship was totally innocent, and my daughter proved she can hang with the boys (there's a great pic of her at the paint ball party he had, just one of the guys covered in paint and dirt). After about 4 months, they exchanged the "we really just feel like friends" message and "broke up". It was hysterical, and I thought a great first relationship since there was no heartbreak involved :lol:.

This girl can hang with the boys too :)

It's completely innocent you guys :lol:

Glad you had a good time! You know I lived there forever and I never went to any of the Getty museums. :(

Which one was that?

That was the Getty Villa. It's right in Malibu. When you come out of the place you are right at Gladstone's. I'm thinking one Saturday soon we will hit the Getty, have lunch or dinner at Gladstone's, and walk along the beach :)

Me too! B)

Oh yeah.....Ethan does awesome sig work too!

Oh yeah.....Ethan does awesome sig work too!

Speaking of which, I would love to perfect the text on your sig....

I hear the grounds are gourgeous there. I'm so envious. The Getty estate and Gladstones in Malibu, wow.

Speaking of which, I would love to perfect the text on your sig....

Oh yeah? I wouldn't mind seeing what you can do with it. I don't want it big, because it's not the main attraction :lol:

I decided to put my hydro flo back on the tank. It really cuts down on the flow. My only concern is the birdsnest. I went on You Tube to see real reefs and the flow is suprisingly low in most of the videos. Coral is not whipping around like you see in so many tanks. In fact, from my observation, the best tanks I've seen in person have very little flow. So, we'll see what happens with this. I'll just keep an eye on the bird.

I'm posting this link to my favorite reef video again. I know I've posted it before, but I just wanted to share again for those that missed it the first time. I watched it a few times today :lol: It's fabulous :happy:

http://www.youtube.com/embed/mcbHKAWIk3I

______

Danielle...you better get to the Getty before it's too late. Otherwise you'll be wishing you could go like our dear friend Mark -_-

:o :o :o

I know!!!! It's amazing. Even my son sat down and watched a few times :happy:

I thought of Joel when the dominos showed up :)

So I have been MIA and am too lazy to read back... does your boy have a girlfriend? So cute!

More like a girl-friend. They've been friends since kindergarten. She's always had a crush on him. He enjoys her company...he probably loves all the attention :lol:

So your boy is a ladies man? :lol:

I really love all the pink in your tank! Everything is so pretty. :)

Thanks, Blue :happy:

You know...he's always gotten a lot of attention from the girls. He's outgoing, funny, and he has blonde hair and blue eyes -_-

You know...he's always gotten a lot of attention from the girls. He's outgoing, funny, and he has blonde hair and blue eyes -_-

Couple that with being good parents and instilling how to treat a lady, he'll be an unstoppable force. :D

The more you share about him, the more I realize he's exactly how I was at that age.

colormyheart

Blonde hair and blue eyes, you say? Is he fifteen yet? :lol: Just kidding!

Oh yeah...he's the whole package :) Course, I am biased :lol:

Ethan...and anyone else. After that video ends, check out the Bali video. It's just as good, minus the music.

Blonde hair and blue eyes, you say? Is he fifteen yet? :lol: Just kidding!

Nope...12!!! He was working the charm on a couple of 13 year olds not too long ago. They were buying it hook, line, and sinker. I was actually shocked to see he wasn't shy to talk to them. His buddy wouldn't say two words to them...very shy :lol: He was making them laugh with his typical antics :happy:

:lol: none of them will be good enough for my baby!!!!!

How it will always be! Only thing you can hope for is he falls for a genuine one! ;)

Gena, that reef video you posted is amazing. Thanks so much for sharing. I hope I get to see that much awesome stuff while I'm diving. I just need more time/money to travel :)

Gena, that reef video you posted is amazing. Thanks so much for sharing. I hope I get to see that much awesome stuff while I'm diving. I just need more time/money to travel :)

++++1

I watched that reef video 2-3 times back to back! Great find! I love the part when the fish were opening their mouths... so funny!

Archived