inTank Media Baskets

NC12: diary of an L.A. tank

gena

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You only need 1 male ;)

True :)

Your clown does look angry. Maybe she just needs a man in that house now:)

I don't know. I think she'd rip him a new one :lol: She definitely could use a roll in the hay (hair algae) to relieve some of that pent up stress :lol:

I'm trying to catch up, but it's a bit too much! LOL. All I know is that I would gladly horse trade you for the rics. The tank is looking great. Time for an upgrade? BTW, as a matter of happenstance, I was on FB today and just saw a neat

video from Marinedepot.
You know..funny you should mention grumpy. She's become a huge grump since she started this hosting business. At this very minute she's violently flipping her tail at the pompom crab that is just trying to pass by the brain coral!!!!! She hardly allows anything to get near her beloved :rolleyes:

Women :rolleyes:

It is a piece of cake!!!!

You know..funny you should mention grumpy. She's become a huge grump since she started this hosting business. At this very minute she's violently flipping her tail at the pompom crab that is just trying to pass by the brain coral!!!!! She hardly allows anything to get near her beloved :rolleyes:

Sounds like my #####/wench

I'm trying to catch up, but it's a bit too much! LOL. All I know is that I would gladly horse trade you for the rics. The tank is looking great. Time for an upgrade? BTW, as a matter of happenstance, I was on FB today and just saw a neat
video from Marinedepot.

Hey, CJ!!!! Didn't you buy a ricordea at Vivid when we were there last time? If so, how's it doing? I did a huge ricordea purchase from reef-gardener not too long ago. I'm so happy I did too. I missed having those pretty gems :)

No upgrades here. I'll just have to prune when the time comes. I'm quite content with my small and very manageable tank!!!!!

That video is awesome. I like the looks of those shrimp better than my cherry shrimp. Those actually look a little like sexy shrimp with those markings. I wonder if I can mix those with what I have...hmmm, gonna have to do some investigating. Thanks for that link :)

I agree...women! We can be quite biotchy :lol:

Last night was the first night my clownfish slept all night long with the brain omgomgomg. I guess I can say they are officially a couple now :lol:

Lovely, lovely tank! :)

Thank you, my dear :happy:

Last night was the first night my clownfish slept all night long with the brain omgomgomg. I guess I can say they are officially a couple now :lol:

So she's only interested in his brain? :lol:

Bad pun is bad, I know. I couldn't kelp myself.

I did. But I only have a yellow one. I need to diversify. Lol.

Well, if you only have one...yellow is the one to have. I know they are more rare :)

I've been on the lookout for a yellow one as well!!!!

______

Joel :lol:

I see you have a new sig :)

My shrimp is that in between color variation you mentioned.

That's great! I need more males :)

Did you watch the video CJ posted on my thread? Check it out, if not. Those shrimp are so cool looking!!!!!

That was really cool! They kind of reminded me of cattle grazing :lol: all over like that.

Yeah...I'm going to look into whether or not I can mix them in with the cherry shrimp :happy:

Looks like I can mix the two types of shrimp. I'll see if I can get them locally :)

In other news...I'm so excited. I get to go on a field trip tomorrow with my son's GATE class, as a chaperone. We're going to the Getty Villa. They are studying ancient Greece right now. My son is thrilled he gets to see mummies tomorrow. I'll admit, I am too :lol:

Should be a fun day!!!!!

Nice! Hey Gena, where did you get your rocks from? I'm planning to buy some, maybe online at Reef Cleaners. Oh btw its me mike aka dfcn07. Did a name and email change. :happy:

Looks like I can mix the two types of shrimp. I'll see if I can get them locally :)

That's awesome! I have a couple more pics coming tomorrow :ninja:.

teehee :happy:

I updated my sig. Nothing fancy like Danielle's or Joel's but at least my clown isn't a baby in the photo anymore. And I no longer have the gorg. that was in the background of the other.

I love the photos in your signature. I want to do something similar, someday! They are particularly nice, like magazine pics.

Nice! Hey Gena, where did you get your rocks from? I'm planning to buy some, maybe online at Reef Cleaners. Oh btw its me mike aka dfcn07. Did a name and email change. :happy:

I knew it was you right away by your avatar picture!!!!! I got my rocks from Marco rocks.

That's awesome! I have a couple more pics coming tomorrow :ninja:.

Sweet :)

I love the photos in your signature. I want to do something similar, someday! They are particularly nice, like magazine pics.

Thanks, msscha! It took me a while to get the goby shot. I was quite pleased with how they turned out :)

If you need help with your sig...just let me know...or Joel. He loves to make sigs :happy:

That's awesome that your being a chaperone! I hope you and your son enjoy the mummies!

Thanks, Felicia!!!!! We had the most incredible time. What an amazing day. It wasn't so much the artifacts as much as just being with those amazing kids and seeing the interest in their eyes. Sixth graders are the best. Not adults but not young children. I'd say it's my favorite age so far. I've chaperoned many field trips and this was by far the best one yet. The bus was another matter all together :lol: They broke out in song every 10 minutes :lol:

I had a great group of 6 boys, including my son. Here's a photo of them standing behind the mummy of Herakleides. I, of course, took out their faces for privacy reasons. It's an adorable picture and I wish I could show off the original. At least you can see the mummy :happy:

mummy.jpg

This is one of many gardens on the grounds. Just beautiful!!!!!! I really want to go back with my husband and son. Apparently there was a coin room that we missed. My son was highly disappointed when his girlfriend told him about that. He is a coin collector and would have loved to have seen it. We did see some old coins, but not a room full.

mummy2.jpg

And it's a record...this is the first field trip that I didn't come home with a headache :lol:

Yes...he is way too young to have a girlfriend. He's been friends with her since kindergarten. It's just a sweet and innocent relationship :happy:

Yes...he is way too young to have a girlfriend. He's been friends with her since kindergarten. It's just a sweet and innocent relationship :happy:

That's what they want you to think. :P

I forgot to add this, but I have a #####ing coin collection. :) when I was his age I was really into it.

And I too "dated" a girl I'd known for forever since then.

That's what they want you to think. :P

I forgot to add this, but I have a #####ing coin collection. :) when I was his age I was really into it.

And I too "dated" a girl I'd known for forever since then.

Must be the age for starting a coin collection. Runs in the genes too. My dad had a big one and my husband has one as well. Maybe it's just a guy thing to do. My son scored not too long ago at a garage sale. The lady saw him looking at some coins and pulled out a huge collection.....and GAVE it to him...FREE!!!!! He was ecstatic. Nicest lady EVER :)

Archived