Cultivated Reef

NC12: diary of an L.A. tank

gena

surgicalsense

That is cute, like your clown has a open brain pillow bed. Everything looks wonderful Gena

... Okay, your xenia has bounced back. Gosh, they are tuff sofies. It is stubby, pulsating, and happy :lol: Bring it by Friday?

Still hunting for my extra stomella. They are kind of making me mad, hard to find.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like your freshie tank :) I used to have a 29g planted. They're fun :) But I agree, moss can be the devil. Especially when it gets any algae in it <_<

I like your clown with brain pics too :)

That is cute, like your clown has a open brain pillow bed. Everything looks wonderful Gena

... Okay, your xenia has bounced back. Gosh, they are tuff sofies. It is stubby, pulsating, and happy :lol: Bring it by Friday?

Still hunting for my extra stomella. They are kind of making me mad, hard to find.

It is like a big pink soft pillow :happy: Yay for xenia. I'm excited to try some out in my tank!!!!! Thank you!!!! Friday works for me!!!!

I like your freshie tank :) I used to have a 29g planted. They're fun :) But I agree, moss can be the devil. Especially when it gets any algae in it <_<

I like your clown with brain pics too :)

Thanks, Paigee!!!! I bought the moss because I wanted my tank to fill in quickly. I didn't expect it to explode like it has!!!!!

Dass a lot of moss... Shrimpie heaven!

Yep....they spend all their time in the moss. I'm searching everyday for babies. Not sure what they look like, but I'm sure I'll recognize them if I see them :happy:

Nice photos. The tanks look so good.

Now you need to update your sig with one of those clown/brain photos.

Thanks, Ethan! You're right! I should update my sig with one of those photos. My clownfish was still a baby in the current sig.

I always love photos of your tanks!!!

New LED looks great! I love the clown/brain shot!

Thanks, Mark! I think my photos have been improving lately. I don't know what I'm doing differently either, to make that so. :lol:

To Joel......I used the quote feature. Soooooo much better. Thanks for pointing it out :happy:

You're welcome. :) I'm glad I could help.

:)

This reply is a plain and simple excuse to bump my thread all the way from page 3 :lol:

But, I am really grateful too!!!!!!

Haha...don't feel bad Gena...sometimes I let mine get to 4 or 5 to see if it comes back on its own...then I come up with something to say and bum pity bump like the humpty hump dance

Haha...don't feel bad Gena...sometimes I let mine get to 4 or 5 to see if it comes back on its own...then I come up with something to say and bum pity bump like the humpty hump dance

In other news...I have another video of my clownfish in the brain coral. She's been more aggressive with it today and has spent the whole day in or around it. The brain has stayed inflated so fingers crossed that it remains happy!!!!!

Ooh! So cute, and such a happy tune :). Do clowns only do hosting behavior when they are in pairs? Bozette has never done anything like that <_<

FTS 2-21-12

fts2-21-12.jpg

Wow, I want my tank to look like your tank when it grows up!

Ooh! So cute, and such a happy tune :). Do clowns only do hosting behavior when they are in pairs? Bozette has never done anything like that <_<

Wow, I want my tank to look like your tank when it grows up!

Thanks, msscha :happy:

My clown is about a year old now and she only just started this hosting behavior. Maybe it takes them a while to catch on that they can live comfortably in fluffy soft coral as opposed to upside down at the surface skimmer :lol: She's a tank raised clown as well which probably explains the delay in hosting behavior.

Definitely not only in pairs because my clown is a bachelorette.

:)

This reply is a plain and simple excuse to bump my thread all the way from page 3 :lol:

But, I am really grateful too!!!!!!

But haven't we all?

;)

teehee :happy:

I updated my sig. Nothing fancy like Danielle's or Joel's but at least my clown isn't a baby in the photo anymore. And I no longer have the gorg. that was in the background of the other.

Thanks!!!! I put it together pretty quickly actually. I had something else in mind but that turned out to be too difficult, so I went the easy peasy lemon squeezy route :lol:

Yay! New sig! I like the multiple photos and all the pink.

Thanks, Felicia!!!! Funny how all that pink got in there :lol: I actually don't have a whole lot else to choose from.

I took some pretty cool photos while I was snapping shots for the new sig. These are in the new sig, but here you can see them blown up. I also took some photos of my FW which I still need to upload. I'll get to those in a bit :)

birdbackground.jpg

gobieclose.jpg

Some shots of the shrimp. I couldn't get over how much they are like sexy shrimp today. They propel themselves just like sexies but without the sexy butt wiggle :lol:

fw2-23-12no4.jpg

fw2-23-12.jpg

fw2-23-12no2.jpg

fw2-23-12no3.jpg

Archived