ReefCleaners.org

Tiggs' Biocube 14 (updated pics on last page! 5-22-2012)

tiggs

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On second thought, I added the skimmer back. I didn't really give it a proper test under my future bio load. Plus, I suppose yellow water is better than nothing :)

• 1 month later...

New pics..

Hgfn6l.jpg

wPUcDl.jpg

C6mY4l.jpg

PKoyKl.jpg

W9BqMl.jpg

n9wLBl.jpg

uWPOxl.jpg

The last pic is of the DIY second refugium i've created for chamber 1. I already keep chaeto and a submersible LED in the inTank media rack, but I had some extra chaeto and a few specimen containers so I got creative. Basically, there are holes poked in both sides to allow water to flow through and the light from the tank spills over into the container. It works out well because this one is lit 10am - 10pm with the rest of the tank and the primary refugium is lit 10pm - 10am.

Tank looks good, how did u mount the leds. How is the coral groth, i just got back in the hobby and picked up a biocube 14 sunday.

Tank looks good, how did u mount the leds. How is the coral groth, i just got back in the hobby and picked up a biocube 14 sunday.

I took the PC's and reflector out and mounted them inside the stock splashguard. It's too early to tell (they only went on yesterday), but my corals seem MUCH happier with them.

Yeah, two panoramas.

1 x 453

1 x 453/8k

I have the all blue one in the rear so it doesn't look too blue.

Sweet am def gana fallow you thread i was planning on doing the same mods to my tank. Just sucks i dnt have the funds to start my tank and gf wont let me touch our savings money for a house!! Lol

Ps. Subscribed! Lol :D

the submersible light? it doesn't require much at all. Once a month I pull it out of the inTank media rack and wipe it down.

Are you still running the skimmer? If so, how is it working out for you?

Even with the mod, the skimmer does next to nothing. One of the major issues with it is that it's relying on the water level to determine the consistency of the skimming. I'm planning on removing this in the next few weeks and trying to mod a AquaticLife skimmer into the first chamber by trimming the hood. We'll see I guess..

http://www.marinedepot.com/AquaticLife_Int...SISVS-1-vi.html

• 2 weeks later...

How's the light working out for you? I was thinking of upgrading to those also. Can you post a picture of your hood without the lights on so I can see how you installed them?

How's the light working out for you? I was thinking of upgrading to those also. Can you post a picture of your hood without the lights on so I can see how you installed them?

I'm extremely pleased with these lights. My tank is now completely silent since removing the fans and the temperature fluctuation is only 1-2 degrees. As you can see below, I gutted the inside of the splashguard and screwed them directly into the hood. I've also added additional ventilation to help the heatsinks a bit. I currently have a mixed reef with zoas, softies, LPS, and SPS and they're all extremely happy with these lights. When installing them, if you like a more blue look, then install the 453 in the front. If you like more of a 15k look, install the combo in the front.

J1Ftdl.jpg

Took a quick video of the lights. The iPhone video doesn't do them justice, but this will give you a basic idea. Tons of shimmer and a great color.

m12x13adass

Question. Is the panoramas different from the stunners? I'm planning to do a PC to LED upgrade but I was told to stay away from stunners. I would jump all over this if this is true.

Question. Is the panoramas different from the stunners? I'm planning to do a PC to LED upgrade but I was told to stay away from stunners. I would jump all over this if this is true.

Yes the Panoramas (which these are) are much different than the Stunners. Stunners are just meant for supplemental lighting and the Panoramas are MUCH brighter.

Awesome! How many do you think can fit into the splashguard?

You can fit 3. If you decide to go with 3 of them, I would recommend leaving your fans in.

Archived