Pod Your Reef

How do you clown around

dylan1464

The female has clown pox LMAO :lol:

It may be caused by nematocysts of a toxic coral that it is hosting.Clowns arent immune to coral like frogspawn or xenia.Due to the natural hosting process clowns will still try to host something even if it is stinging them.When hosting an anemone a clown will get stung for the first few weeks until it develops an immunity.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It may be caused by nematocysts of a toxic coral that it is hosting.Clowns arent immune to coral like frogspawn or xenia.Due to the natural hosting process clowns will still try to host something even if it is stinging them.When hosting an anemone a clown will get stung for the first few weeks until it develops an immunity.
Yeah, just making a joke, super cool clown B)
Ya.. It was caused by the clown sleeping next to some yellow polyps. I have since removed them and the spots have all but vanished.

Yeah i found that out because my clowns were showing the same spots and so i researched it and thats what i found.It was coming from them hosting a colony of armor of god zoas.

• 2 weeks later...
Deleted User 3

148434_434172649965631_1289376308_n.jpgNew Guy aka Punk on the left, Marjani the female on the right.

New guy is his name because I couldn't think of anything, and he was the replacement for the other clown I had lost... lol. Marjani means coral in Swahili or something, which Coral is the name of the female clown in Finding Nemo, i thought it was clever :ninja:

Archived