Coral Vue Hydros

RK_Tek's 25g rimless-DIY Addiction

RK_tek

I had yesterday off because of the weather, so while I was waiting on paint to dry(which is a while when it's 34), I knocked this box out for the door of my cabinet. I've been looking for a box to put food in, but I have come up dry bc there are very specific dimensions constraints. I don't have a lot of experience with acrylic and the box isn't perfect, but it's functional and exactly what I needed.

38DB732C-D417-496E-8DDF-64BE6A9E4384.jpg

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This tank.....dooooode, amazing!

Thanks. It's had some disappointing times, but things are on the upswing. I did pick up a new frag yesterday while I was out. I got a new key cut for my car and the dealer is right next to the LFS

A1F2F77F-5EFB-4CA4-A0D6-408BAAD32E95.jpg

You have a Pico tank to :)?

I have 2. I bought Chris' demo Ridge 15(4.5g) and I had him cut the glass for my display and then I put it together to make shipping possible

Thanks. It's had some disappointing times, but things are on the upswing. I did pick up a new frag yesterday while I was out. I got a new key cut for my car and the dealer is right next to the LFSA1F2F77F-5EFB-4CA4-A0D6-408BAAD32E95.jpg

I have 2. I bought Chris' demo Ridge 15(4.5g) and I had him cut the glass for my display and then I put it together to make shipping possible

Sweet mine is a Pico tank to if you didn't know that. Chris makes a great tank but is slow as #### :lol: still love you if you read this Chris.

Sweet mine is a Pico tank to if you didn't know that. Chris makes a great tank but is slow as #### :lol: still love you if you read this Chris.

Chris has been wonderful to work with. One of the large panes got broken while being shipped to the polisher and he rushed to get new pieces cut and polished for me and I think I got the glass 3 days after the initial date. I wish he would start a PicO+ line of bigger tanks. I want a 24x48x20

I like giving Chris crap :) mine is 36x24x12. 1/2 inch Starphire front and sides really nice tank. He forgot some fittings with my tank and had them right out the next day.

I like giving Chris crap :) mine is 36x24x12. 1/2 inch Starphire front and sides really nice tank. He forgot some fittings with my tank and had them right out the next day.

man, I wish I had that footprint, 24 inches deep would give me 6 more inches to play with.........

giggity....

man, I wish I had that footprint, 24 inches deep would give me 6 more inches to play with.........

giggity....

6" more!?

Suddenly things are spiraling out of control. This'll be a smaller, crappier, less visited version of Lawnman's Lounge

• 3 weeks later...

I've only had my two clowns in the display for about a year and my GF has always loved bangaiis, so I picked up a pair last week. They're only eating mysis right now so I'll be training them to pellets soon.

6D1F6491-39B5-4C21-8C03-6CEE43745E3A.jpg

NorthGaHillbilly

I've only had my two clowns in the display for about a year and my GF has always loved bangaiis, so I picked up a pair last week. They're only eating mysis right now so I'll be training them to pellets soon.

6D1F6491-39B5-4C21-8C03-6CEE43745E3A.jpg

Good luck getting hem switched over, mine is a dick and i haven't ever seen it eat pellets, but is fat and healthy so he must be eating something other than the mysis

Good luck getting hem switched over, mine is a dick and i haven't ever seen it eat pellets, but is fat and healthy so he must be eating something other than the mysis

They will at least pick them out of the water column before spitting them out and screaming profanity at me until I give them mysis. After I've had them a few weeks, I may cut the mysis feelings to 2x week and if they want to eat in between, pellets it is

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My recent 'Acrylic period' of my aquarium art continues. My T5 lamps run for 6 hrs a day and this was all good when nobody was at home, but my GF now works at home and the glare of the lamps was too much. I just happened across a piece of 1/4" acrylic that would suffice. It wasn't long enough to make it in one piece, so I made two halves that join at the short ends with an acrylic backing plate. Aluminum flat bar and some angle make braces across the top and it just sits on the 1x1 supports for the T5s. The backside of the acrylic was painted with white fusion and then a flat primer gray to make it more opaque and prevent reflections from the inside. I think I have now met the maximum weight for the brackets that hold my light pole and will address the massive downward sag at some point in the future.

7F6905E6-C631-474C-9AE3-A7B4CA04936B.jpg

66F16210-F60C-461E-AE4A-885FB7790288.jpg

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Holy polyp extension. I got this frag a while back and set it in this crevice temporarily, it's not moving.

B6FCDB61-7391-44B4-8958-FFB2AC9A5A02.jpg

Things in the tank are doing rather well. I lost half of a hammer to warfare that went unnoticed for a bit too long, but I'm seeing a lot of new growth and colors are getting richer

Just read through this entire post and I have to say, I'm stunned. Everything is beautiful and well thought about. Keep up the good work man.

Just read through this entire post and I have to say, I'm stunned. Everything is beautiful and well thought about. Keep up the good work man.

Thanks for taking the time to read it. Glad you liked it.

• 3 weeks later...

I moved the tank for the last time tonight. We finally bought a house about 5 miles from our current rental so I drained the display and sump, put everything in temporary containers and loaded then entire stand with sump and lights into my truck and drove it over. This saved about 2 hours of tear down and reassembly. Other than a few birdsnest tips, there were no casualties. Now I just have to save up for my big tank.

Archived