Top Shelf Aquatics

Steely185's rimless 75 edge

steely185

Just an updated video of the tank. You can tell the fish are hungry. Please excuse the poor quality. I was a bit in a hurry and it's and iphone video.

• Replies 913
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, that Ca reactor seems to really be doing wonders for your tank. Makes me think my balling method is garbage lol. Seriously though, the tank is really filling out nicely. Bravo!

My red planet is definitely liking its new location. It loves the new high flow and is basing out over the epoxy already. I'm anxious for this one to take off.

Zoas are also looking good. The new rpe and purple deaths also like there new home.

I'm going to have to trim my tricolor colony back. It's about to touch my hulk tort. Nothing loves the reactor more than the tricolor.

Thanks Guys.

I'm going to try and clean up the remaining algae this weekend. I have got some patches that my tang, hermits, and snails won't touch. I plan on adding three mexican turbo snails to see if they can knock them out. Hoping they will. With phosphates at 0.05 and zero nitrates I shouldn't be growing too much algae.

My biopellets have killed all my nitrates and thus come to a grinding stop on reducing phosphates. I decided to add a GFO reactor to my tank. I ordered one from BRS. I'm just going to knock them out completely. I don't have a ton of phosphates but I have some trapped in algae. The GFO should take care of it.

Trying to drop my remaining phosphates and kill off any algae left in my tank. I added three mexican turbos to take care of any algae that others aren't eating.

I replaced everything but the membrane on my 6 stages ro/di this weekend. I hadn't changed it in about a year so that should knock out any TDS that may be there. My inline TDS meter stopped working so I had no way of checking. I will eventually get around to buying a new one.

I figure friday or next week sometime I should get the GFO reactor. I ordered the high capacity GFO to use with it. I only plan on using a couple teaspoons of it in the reactor (the reactor is overkill but I can always use it for something else later on). The phosphates are only testing at 0.05 by one kit. I need to find my hanna checker (hate using it because it rarely gives a reading and you just burn through packets).

Other than that everything is looking good. Lots of growth. I need to prune my tricolor. It has a branch that is only a 1/4" from touching my hulk tort.

I've got a home for any excess growth you may not want!

Tank looks great man, how is that bio pellet reactor holdin up? Does that cyclone action help from grouping in the top of the chamber?

I've got a home for any excess growth you may not want!

Tank looks great man, how is that bio pellet reactor holdin up? Does that cyclone action help from grouping in the top of the chamber?

Thanks. The reactor does a pretty good job of preventing clumping. Some pellets may get forced and clump at the top of the reactor depending on the setting on the pump as well as how many biopellets you use. Overall I'm very happy with the reactor.

This weekend I plan on cutting this branch off the colony. It's getting too close for comfort.

losingrealestatecut.jpg

I started up the GFO reactor today. I just used 2 1/2 teaspoons of the high capacity GFO in the reactor. Hope this knocks out the remaining algae. A reactor was probably overkill in this case.

Also picked up some Tech M to help kill off any bryopsis.

Thanks man, does he have a sale thread over there. If not what's his username if you don't mind giving it out.

No, but he brings stuff to the monthly meets or you can pm what you are looking for and he will let you know if he has it. His user name is WayneY. Real nice guy with a ton of frags of everything and cheap prices.

Yes, those are definitely dragons' eyes.

Steely, your tank just keeps getting better and better! What is the acro that you have the red mark on? Post #448. I have one that looks identical, but never new what it was.

Thanks

Thank you. It's a tricolor (ORA valida I believe) that I picked up a year ago. The LFS had to frag their massive 2'x2' colony and I grabbed a piece then.

Archived