SaltCritters.com

how fast do chalices grow?

Neto

Depends on the chalice, I have some that I've had for years that have barely changed in size and others than double in months. You might have to find a good placement as well.

danthenewreefman

if it's that blue chalice with pink eyes that mr.coral always has -- it grows pretty fast compared to other chalice I've had.

Each chalice grows differently. I've noticed my chalices with larger eyes grow faster because I feed them mysis,krill,or silversides every other day. The smaller eye ones tend to grow slower possibly due to the smaller consumption of food. Size of the chalices makes a huge difference because my largest colonies, which are 60-80 eye BGM, EME, and YR Norcal grow very fast. These will grow 10 -20 eyes every every few months, if supplemented with food and coral aminos. It's one of the reasons why I don't buy or trade for 1 eye frags.

CoralWhisperer
Each chalice grows differently. I've noticed my chalices with larger eyes grow faster because I feed them mysis,krill,or silversides every other day. The smaller eye ones tend to grow slower possibly due to the smaller consumption of food. Size of the chalices makes a huge difference because my largest colonies, which are 60-80 eye BGM, EME, and YR Norcal grow very fast. These will grow 10 -20 eyes every every few months, if supplemented with food and coral aminos. It's one of the reasons why I don't buy or trade for 1 eye frags.

I seen his stuff, you can trust that 916 knows what he is talkin about!

You should buy from him!

it depends more so on the system. How old is your setup? is it established? whats your lighting? hows the flow? are all params good to go? where are you placing the chalice?

danthenewreefman

I do agree -- It seems chalice with bigger eyes grow the fastest when compared to chalice with small eyes.

But like you said -- may be due to the big eye chalice food consumption. I've seen my blue with pink eye chalice eat an entire peppermint shrimp exoskeleton -- and it was just a 4eye frag about the same size as what it ate.

if it's that blue chalice with pink eyes that mr.coral always has -- it grows pretty fast compared to other chalice I've had.

Yes thats the one, i got it from mrcoral!

it depends more so on the system. How old is your setup? is it established? whats your lighting? hows the flow? are all params good to go? where are you placing the chalice?

My system is a 10 gal with a 5.5g sump. Sump has chaeto, carbon and skimmer. The system is about 2 years old. I got 18 cree leds. Params are good and currently the chalice is on the sand with its disk since i havnt glued yet. Ill post pics later.

Thanks for all the replies!

Archived