ReefCleaners.org

The Leviathan Project [120g reef]

NewZealandReefie

NewZealandReefie

Thanks both of you :happy:

The sad little bleached bases (all the remains of my floridas) are on that little piece of rock right in the front center, I wouldn't normally have a weird bit of rock just sitting there lol.

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply
teamschreiba
Hellboy climbing all over the spongodes:

IMG_3679.jpg

I love this picture, especially since hermits can be so evil sometimes. Your tank looks great too!

NewZealandReefie

Lol Aquanist.

Thanks TS. Ciedre took that photo and entered in this months photo comp but I figured it didn't hurt to pinch it for the thread since it's such a good pic :P

NewZealandReefie

Project Leviathan, now with branding :D

IMG_3803.jpg

Perks of sharing a tank with a partner who owns a printing company.

NewZealandReefie

The symbol isn't really anything, apart from uber nerdy, it's one of the symbols from the Stargate SG-1 font...

That IS nerdy :P

Could be a new product line though - 'Personalize your aquarium with NZR's uber nerdy logo service'.

NewZealandReefie

My partner owns a digital print company, they have a vinyl cutter that contour cuts stickers and stuffs so technically we could make branding to order.

Then people would have more choice than just StevieT's clownfish with balls logo.

NewZealandReefie

A while back, maybe 18 months or so? Stevie made reference to the bottom fins on his clownfish logo looking more like balls than fins.

NewZealandReefie

My maxi-mini arrived safe and sound yesterday :) photos to come after easter when I'm back from holiday.

Also got a new skimmer, 22kg bucket of salt and some calcium supplement.

NewZealandReefie

So, the yumas and floridas that I thought were dead for sure are still alive and are healing up incredibly well.

They shed their entire top layer of flesh over their 'guts' and were shrivelled, mucous covered and white for a few days. They've now all grown flesh back over their guts, their colours are coming back and their bubbly bits are regrowing.

These were taken before the weekend.

IMG_3927.jpg

IMG_3925.jpg

NewZealandReefie

Dialing in the new skimmer :happy:

IMG_4078.jpg

All baffles have been removed from the sump to accommodate this thing. Eventually we'll get a new sump but right now there's no money left lol.

NewZealandReefie

Recovering yuma's and florida. Note the itty bitty little florida next to the slightly larger one, there are actually 3 but the smallest one is only about the size of 2 of our grains of argonite sand.

IMG_4095.jpg

IMG_4093.jpg

IMG_4094.jpg

NewZealandReefie

Cheers :)

They're looking even better now. I'll post some new pics when I get home, in about 4 hours.

Over the last 10 days we've removed nearly all of the sand from the tank, only have a bit left under the rocks. It's made a massive difference to the water chemistry, sand was grotty as even with regular cleaning and a sand sifter (he turned in to one hella lazy sand sifter...).

I'm really going to miss the tank :(

Wow, they are coloring up nicely.

I'm really going to miss the tank :(

Just think of how much better your next big tank will be. That's the way I think of it when I upgrade my tanks. I always learn from my mistakes and improve each time I set a new one up.

NewZealandReefie

Considering I was 99% sure they were going to melt away when they arrived, they are coloring up well!

Yup :)

Joseph is setting up a new tank and keeping all our awesome stuff. There's an MP40 and a Radion on the way along with a few other goodies.

Neither of us want to get rid of everything and he's staying here whereas I'm looking at moving city, so it's not really practical for me to keep anything at this stage.

Archived