ReefCleaners.org

The Leviathan Project [120g reef]

NewZealandReefie

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply
NewZealandReefie

Thanks kat :happy:

Yumas can come in rainbow colors as opposed to rics that I've only ever seen with a max of 2/3 colors on them.

That little guy up the top of the page and the ones that came with it very very nearly didn't make it after getting stuck at the courier depot for an entire weekend and arriving freezing cold and shedding their flesh. Glad they're recovering.

• 2 weeks later...
NewZealandReefie

Break up IRL lol.

Best stuff is being moved to a new custom tank, in members aquarium forum, called Obsidian.

• 3 weeks later...
NewZealandReefie

Looks like the Leviathan is staying up for a while longer. May do a photo update in a bit, I don't currently have a DSLR but will be buying a new one this weekend :D

Really not at all sad about this, I love this tank and am dreading the day I will have to divide it up in to 'new tank' and 'stuff that's being sold'.

Facing a few setbacks with the new tank. Mostly due to being ####ing broke (broke and buying a new camera... shhhhh).

NewZealandReefie

"Will be buying" look at my optimism. I didn't leave the house till 5pm on Sunday last weekend so did not in fact buy a new camera.

On another note, I can now see in the sides of the tank again. Everything, surprisingly, looks great.

NewZealandReefie

So a while back most of the sand was removed from The Leviathan. Only a few hard to reach spots remained and the plan was always to siphon those out too. Well, that didn't really happen when it was originally meant to and, well, then I sorta stopped doing water changes and now there's a new tank in the works to replace The Leviathan.

Long story short, I took out most of the remaining sand tonight as the tank had reached a point where, well, I had to face that it needed a water change. Over the next few days I'll be changing about half the total volume of the tank in 2x 25g water changes.

Keeping in mind this was once bright white marble sand, this is what I pulled out of the corners of the tank tonight. Enjoy the filthy horrendous awfulness of it:

Whatoncewassand-1.jpg

And no, just to be clear the tank has not crashed, it's absurdly stable and all livestock looks great. I'll post some pics at some point :lol:

NewZealandReefie

Thunderstorm at 5am this morning caused power fluctuations and played havoc with the pumps. Water level was all kinds of weird this morning :(

More water changes when I get home... yay for me.

NewZealandReefie

Yup, had sorted itself out by the time I got home and the water had cleared up nicely from my massive clean up. Starting the first of a series of water large water changes tonight. Fun. Get to spend ages shoulder deep in my tank lol.

revaltion131
You know you love it really

Until your back tells you it can't hold up being bent all the way over after 2 hours!

NewZealandReefie

This isn't related to my tank as such, but because I find it funny I feel like sharing the 'Code of Conduct' of my favorite local forum:

CoC-1.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
NewZealandReefie

Leviathan is being broken down and things are moving to a smaller tank.

Little lady died last night. She was my smallest female bartlett and a couple of months ago got a cut on her stomach that never healed. RIP Little Lady :(

Archived