Coral Vue Hydros

Solana 34 Media Basket? Oh Yeah

inTank

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sorry, I stand corrected. I just looked and mine does have a support on the glass. Taking a second look at the basket it looks like that is the side that slides out for access to the shelves. The side without the flange appears to be one of the long sides which I assume would correlate with the long sides of the chamber in the Solana.

On looking closer at the photos - it appears you are correct amigo.

Hey Stevie, do you think the center section provides ample space to grow an adequate amount of chaeto?

This is collectively our most wide and deepest basket so yes there is tons of room. The bottom shelf is the largest being 5" tall and 4" deep. Middle 4x4

Sorry, I stand corrected. I just looked and mine does have a support on the glass. Taking a second look at the basket it looks like that is the side that slides out for access to the shelves. The side without the flange appears to be one of the long sides which I assume would correlate with the long sides of the chamber in the Solana.

I think you have it right. The top pieces direct the water into the basket, it pretty much becomes one with the top "flange" pieces of the tank. The door needs to be remove so there is no top piece there on the basket. I haven't been able to play with the basket in a while but it may not matter which way it goes. The door of the basket can face the front or rear of the tank.

This is collectively our most wide and deepest basket so yes there is tons of room. The bottom shelf is the largest being 5" tall and 4" deep. Middle 4x4

I think you have it right. The top pieces direct the water into the basket, it pretty much becomes one with the top "flange" pieces of the tank. The door needs to be remove so there is no top piece there on the basket. I haven't been able to play with the basket in a while but it may not matter which way it goes. The door of the basket can face the front or rear of the tank.

Thanks, now GFY.

OK, 11pm CST and all pre-sale Solana Media Baskets/package deals are packed and thermal labeled for tomorrow departure. Also got out all of the nights orders so we are ahead of the game for tomorrow. Now where is that bottle of Jack and pillow? :happy:

You should all have shipping conformation on your email, if not read this: http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=265578

shaneandjohn

Recieved my basket today..What a fine piece of art this thing is..Its installed and ready to do work.....

Thanks so much for your quality craftmanship...I would reccomend everyone this product...:)

Yeh the first wave of Solana baskets are delivering. Make sure you come back and order another for a show piece somewhere else in your home.

jumplittlechloe

I have received my basket as well and have installed it into my Solana. I placed the inTank door facing the glass (gotta show that logo). Really like how it forces water through the purigen and chemipure. If you have a Solana you best get this media basket, or don't and just settle for crappy/inefficient filtration.

I know the Cardiff is around that gallon size and has the exact same chambers. Wonder if yours are smaller or not.

If you have a Solana you best get this media basket, or don't and just settle for crappy/inefficient filtration.

I concur

Thanks again, enjoy!

Got my basket during the week and installed it Friday afternoon. I had the same media in the stock dividers but with the InTank Media Basket it my tank water is much clearer. Thanks for the great design Steve.

I also got mine in. Very nice product. What else is In-Tank going to make for the Solana? I have the tunze cup, media rack, and foam holder. What else is there? Oh and Im using the filter floss from In-Tank.

11" tall without bent guides

4-3/4" Wide

3-5/8" Deep

I am as well please let me know

This does fit a 24 gallon Cardiff so I can see them keeping the chamber dimensions the same on all tanks

I installed mine today and it as awesome. That is all I can say.
Great. How did you set it up?

Didn't you read what he said? You're not getting any tips off of him! Go figure it out yourself! :lol:

StevieT - Regarding the suggested bead of silicone for forcing water flow in a specific door orientation - could you explain further?

The cross brace that faces the rear glass has a gap.

The cross brace that faces the false wall is attached so there is no gap.

Fill in the gap with silicone = more water will go into media basket. Look down in chamber two or from behind, pretty easy to see.

We're talking a very small amount of water all depends on the effort you want to give it.

Didn't you read what he said? You're not getting any tips off of him! Go figure it out yourself! :lol:

:angry: I just want everyone to tell me what to do so I don't have to think for myself.

Archived