Innovative Marine Aquariums

Solana 34 Media Basket? Oh Yeah

inTank

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for answering my questions. I thought you were serious about the 1000 dollar price tag and the InTank name mislead me in terms of marketing. The price I saw was great (< $100). Now all I need is a Solana tank. Instead I elected to buy a 40 dollar aqeuon tank for the versatility, but the powerfilter needs to have more media space. Please make a hang on model of this! lol

WTF are you talking about? Do you know what a media basket is?

Obviously I knew this was some type of media basket. There's just no visual demonstration of how it is used.

Flame On!!!

After reading this ad I ran to the site to order one... Now does anyone have a Solana for sale?

i think i saw just the tank for sale in the hardware section

I had to get the free shipping, right?!

why you gots to steal shipping from me :angry:

+1 here

You too, don't you want me to stay in business?

Ordered mine on 2/18.........2 weeks from today?

It is estimated but yes

I saw the final unit today and it was really fun to play with. I enjoy adding something new to every product and this basket just pushes that limit farther.

I would not mind but I am unable to do so. The units are being produced by the inTank umpa loompas at an undisclosed factory and I will not be able to take good pictures until they start being built. By that time units will be ready to ship, so you may catch a few pics before you have one in hand. Overall it will look similar to what is pictured now the changes were listed above somewhere.

The lasers are working overtime cutting the pieces for these new units and existing product, because of the extreme risk to health only the inTank umpa loomas are allowed near the pew pew pew process. I can't risk haivng another lump cut off praying it is not malignant.

• 2 weeks later...

Update:

The foam holders are done, tons in-stock so any order that just included them will start to ship.

The media baskets, as of right now, will start to ship Thrusday. We will be working hard to get all of the pre-sale orders out by the end of the week and fit them into current high demand of other products. We saw an extreme reaction to this pre-sale and a lot of orders came through so thank you all !

The first batch of Solana Media Baskets are ready to ship tomorrow! We have a fair amount in-stock so there are no backorders for the pre-sale. Thank you everyone for getting your orders in early.

Here are some quick pictures of the final version:

IMG_0018.jpg

Bottom Guides get the basket in between the cross braces every time.

IMG_0019.jpg

IMG_0020.jpg

IMG_0021.jpg

Stevie,

I notice the top of the basket has 3 flanges and one open side - is this side oriented toward the overflow wall of chamber one or??

Stevie,

I notice the top of the basket has 3 flanges and one open side - is this side oriented toward the overflow wall of chamber one or??

My guess is that the open side faces the glass back since there is no support brace in the tank on that side.

My guess is that the open side faces the glass back since there is no support brace in the tank on that side.

Hmm - mine has 4-sided shelves at the top and bottom of chamber #2 - the stock drip plates rest on them.

Hmm - mine has 4-sided shelves at the top and bottom of chamber #2 - the stock drip plates rest on them.

Sorry, I stand corrected. I just looked and mine does have a support on the glass. Taking a second look at the basket it looks like that is the side that slides out for access to the shelves. The side without the flange appears to be one of the long sides which I assume would correlate with the long sides of the chamber in the Solana.

Archived