SaltCritters.com

Calvin415's ADA 60P

calvin415

Is that bulkhead attached to the wall or just sitting up against\through it?

It is pressed against the wall, and I have a nipple threaded through the wall connecting the T to the bulkhead.

Very nice build! Love tank and lamp! That skimmer is a beast. I have the same one on my 20g tank and it pulls a ton of nasty juice. The bubble blaster is the best skimmer pump I've ever seen

Thanks! Can't wait to see how it runs!!!

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here is the expansion of the ATO water (55 drums) and my mixing barrel (175g barrel) in the middle... The 55's are plumbed together and feed the 1/4" line that runs under the tank (110g I'm guessing will last me 3 months?)... The water change line is currently hanging from the top of the barrel, but will also be plumbed down into the utility room for painless water changes.

DSCN6157.jpg

DSCN6158.jpg

Here is the expansion of the ATO water (55 drums) and my mixing barrel (175g barrel) in the middle... The 55's are plumbed together and feed the 1/4" line that runs under the tank (110g I'm guessing will last me 3 months?)... The water change line is currently hanging from the top of the barrel, but will also be plumbed down into the utility room for painless water changes.

Can I have a diagram? :D

Is the bulkhead on the bottom your return? If so how to you prevent water from entering when you power or pump goes off?

Yes. The return will have a pipe raising the return up approx 7" (which will be hidden in rock work) and I will be installing a check valve in the return line directly below the bulkhead. In the event the check valve fails, I will lose approx half my water (bottom 7" will be safe thanks to the pipe) which I have accounted for in my sump build. If I lose all 7" from the display tank, water level in the sump will raise to 1.25" below the top. I will also be installing a valve between the tank and the check valve so I can test it regularly and replace in the even it begins to fail. A risk I'm willing to take to have the clean look. The fish will be fine in the bottom 7" of water, and the corals will experience low tide. :)

Wetness!!!!

Tank is filling right now to test my pipes for leaks! Still need to build and attach my overflow box, but I want to see it wet!!!

THANK YOU! I'm setting up something similar myself right now, and diagrams are extremely helpful.

NP, keep in mind this is a gravity fed setup, the barrels are 1 level up. :)

More pics coming soon...

Been a late night, but pipes tested dry!!! Now I just need to build my overflow box to raise the water level in the tank. :)

DSCN6159.jpg

DSCN6160.jpg

DSCN6161.jpg

Plumbing:

DSCN6164.jpg

Sump, please mind all the cables, I still need to tie them all up...

DSCN6166.jpg

DSCN6170.jpg

Can't wait to fill it!!!! Just a little more work, and I'll be ready to add salt and get it filled!

DSCN6168.jpg

Is the powerhead on in that picture?

Don't remember... I did test it, and had it turned way down to keep it as quiet as possible but don't recall the status in the pics.

Tank makes me sad. :(

Why? I'm sorry you feel that way...

Beautiful, as always, Eric! Nice work so far.

Thanks, still a long way to go...

HecticDialectics
Can't wait to fill it!!!! Just a little more work, and I'll be ready to add salt and get it filled!

DSCN6168.jpg

If the powerhead was turned off, then your counter doesn't look level :P

If the powerhead was turned off, then your counter doesn't look level :P

Look level and are level, are two different things... :P

I'm starting to cheer up. Don't you worry.

It was a shame to see the 12'er go though.

:) Glad to hear it. Yeah it was a darn shame, especially since I have more in this setup than I did in the last. At least the maintenance will be a lot less taxing...

Considering using a 2 channel dosing pump to have a 24/7 waterchange (3.5gallons a week).

Thoughts?

Deleted User 6

Has that been done before that you've seen? As long as you can guarantee that the chemical levels and salinity of the NSW stay relatively constant, sounds like a good idea to me.

Finally decided on an overflow box design... Let me know what you think before I install it. ;)

The objective was to have a clean spill (no teeth) but still keep fish out of it. The edges are also cut to ensure anything on the surface gets pulled out.

DSCN6182.jpg

DSCN6183.jpg

DSCN6184.jpg

Archived