inTank Media Baskets

Calvin415's ADA 60P

calvin415

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lots of great color in this tank. The orange and green combination really pop. So much so that its almost distracting from a lot of your other colorful pieces, those 2 scolys are just so vibrant compared to the others.

it might look good in my tank :naughtydance:

Perhaps! ;)

Lots of great color in this tank. The orange and green combination really pop. So much so that its almost distracting from a lot of your other colorful pieces, those 2 scolys are just so vibrant compared to the others.

I think it's just the pics, hopefully once the acans grow in the won't stand out as bad... Would hate to have to get rid of them to balance the tank... ;). Lol

Fish update:

McCoskers died the other day, not sure what happened, found it in perfect condition laying on the sandbed. :( I neglected the tank for 3 days, I hope not eating for a whole 3 days didn't kill it. It was fat and looked great even dead. ???

Firefish, I'm down to 1 of those guys too, luckily my Randalli is doing great and looks fantastic! Yasha hashi is still hiding, if it is still alive...

I'm guessing this is all the fish I'm going to be able to keep, I'd really love to find something more that is aggressive enough to hold it's own... Perhaps a baby leopard wrasse???

Well after the first year I remained aptasia free... That changed over the last month when I found 3 little buggers in my tank. :(

I am lucky enough to have a friend who bought one of these!

http://lazerer.com/Blue_Laser_Pointer?product_id=165

I am once again (for now) aptasia free! If this wasn't cool enough, he did this through the glass!!! Oh yeah, shot a freaking laser beam through my glass and vaporized 3 aptasia under water!!!

I know what is next on my must have list!

• Like 1

Not sure what I last posted for my light schedule, but this is my current one...

Sorry for the formatting, I put in all the right spacing, just to have it dropped.

Timer Start Wh Bl Rb Ramp Lunar

1 7:00 5 15 15 120 No

2 9:00 20 30 30 120 No

3 11:00 50 70 70 120 No

4 1:00 70 100 100 120 No

5 4:00 60 75 75 60 No

6 5:00 10 35 35 120 No

7 7:00 5 20 20 120 No

8 9:00 0 1 2 120 Yes

Growth is going well now that I'm feeding the tank and it's not as sterile as it's been in the past.

Figured I'd post some pics so I can get a baseline for growth on some corals from FragStock...

DSCN6888.jpg

DSCN6885.jpg

Is this an Elegance coral? Great set up that you have there. I like how clean it looks with all the equipment hidden.

Is this an Elegance coral? Great set up that you have there. I like how clean it looks with all the equipment hidden.

Thanks, yes it is an Elegance Coral. :)

• 2 weeks later...
nsr500rossi

Hi

Can you tell me how the skimmer is performing, i have just ordered the external pump version for my 20 gallon tank with 10 gallon sump and am concerned it will be to much for such a small system..

What is your total volume, the sump does not look like it has much water in it, i guess because the skimmer needs to be in 5.5" of water

Many thanks

Mike

Calvin, I'm not sure if this has been brought up in your thread yet but I love your acans and was wondering if you are able to keep red acans from turning orange under your ai sol. My red acans all turned orange when I put them under my ai sol and I've heard the same happens to other peoples under leds. Many of yours appear to still have a nice red color though.

• 2 weeks later...
Where did you get those amazing Scolys?????

A couple from Kalani Corals and a couple from Austin Aqua Farms

Hi

Can you tell me how the skimmer is performing, i have just ordered the external pump version for my 20 gallon tank with 10 gallon sump and am concerned it will be to much for such a small system..

What is your total volume, the sump does not look like it has much water in it, i guess because the skimmer needs to be in 5.5" of water

Many thanks

Mike

Skimmer is doing great! Total volume is probably around 25 gallons, because the water volume is so low I don't always have to clean the skimmer, but at least every 3 or 4 weeks it needs a good cleaning. :)

Calvin, I'm not sure if this has been brought up in your thread yet but I love your acans and was wondering if you are able to keep red acans from turning orange under your ai sol. My red acans all turned orange when I put them under my ai sol and I've heard the same happens to other peoples under leds. Many of yours appear to still have a nice red color though.

I haven't noticed any issues with my acans, but my red scolly turned a little more orange and is now getting even lighter so it may not pull through... Not sure if it is the light or just the location, I've tried a number of places and just not happy...

Although I have to admit, I have been once again neglecting my tank. :( My elegance is also not looking as bright as it once was. Just been so nice outside, and between that and a new car I'm just not going down to my basement but once or twice a week. :(

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Deleted User 4

Awwww! What a sucker, I was getting all excited thinking that you came up with some new exciting updates of corals and now come awaits these bad news...

Sorry guys... Hosting a reef club meeting on Saturday and following the meeting everything will be available.

Corals first, then rock and fish. Once it's dry, all the equipment will be parted out.

Hosting a reef club meeting on Saturday and following the meeting everything will be available.

Would this meeting happen to be taking place in the Springs?

Archived