Pod Your Reef

blue and green sympodium polyps

Funktastic Wint

Funktastic Wint

so i bought some frags of this

i put them on the top of the rockwork and i hadnt seen much growth. then i find out that part of the "rock" they are on is actually some sort of clam. he made it to the bottom of the tank where there is very little light. and the polyps attached to it are doing great. however the majority of the polyps are mostly closed all of the time on the other pieces of rock. anyone have any experience with these corals?

they look like a mix of gsp and snowflake polyps

thanks again.

I have them placed low, i'd say they are a low light low flow coral, my colonie has completely closed for a week before and then reopened one day like nothing happened, it seems they go through phases like leathers do

sometimes 1/3 of my colonie will be close while the rest is open, i've noticed they seem to have a bright blue body to is about 1-2 in length and will extend like this when placed in low light

Funktastic Wint
I have them placed low, i'd say they are a low light low flow coral, my colonie has completely closed for a week before and then reopened one day like nothing happened, it seems they go through phases like leathers do

sometimes 1/3 of my colonie will be close while the rest is open, i've noticed they seem to have a bright blue body to is about 1-2 in length and will extend like this when placed in low light

do u think they need to be fed? i am currently feeding my tank oyster feast.

ill put them all in low light low flow areas.

Deadly-Teddly

holy crap....just googled a pic of em and they are niioooccee, very nice lol. where you from? and does anyone know where to get a frag?

Funktastic Wint

yeah im from california. i just got this a few weeks ago. the fish store employees didnt even know what it was so i just asked for a lower price n got it. :P:happydance:

danthenewreefman

they grow faster being fed, they will accept foods, filter feeder formula and fine stuff.

low-mod flow, low-mod light -- will accept more light than flow.

should stay open all day, closing at night opening minutes after lights on with full extension in 15minutes or so.

not really fast growers all in all though, at least not for me.

Frags:

http://www.lareefs.com/index.php?main_page...products_id=798

They don't need to be fed, they do fine and grow with med/low light and med/low flow and not much else.

that's a good price, other sites have um for way more.

holy crap....just googled a pic of em and they are niioooccee, very nice lol. where you from? and does anyone know where to get a frag?

I'm in greensboro and have what you want.

Mine seems to be growing pretty nicely in a medium light/low flow area of the tank. It was a bit finicky when we first got it, but it's opened up nicely and started growing quite a bit since then.

danthenewreefman
Mine seems to be growing pretty nicely in a medium light/low flow area of the tank. It was a bit finicky when we first got it, but it's opened up nicely and started growing quite a bit since then.

light? mine is say ~20" from 250w T5s w/ quality bulbs.

I do have my frags like ~8" away, kinda testing myself.

• 2 months later...

so from everyones experience with this coral, medium light and low flow works best?

and when we say slow grower, how slow is slow?

216806_2005497055235_1177893271_32569794_941411_n.jpg

I bought a nice Sympodium encrusted rock last weekend at the MAX Marine Aquarium show in OC!

Last night I saw a white worm like thing coming out of the rock going down into the sand but when I shined my penlight on it, it retracted. I love this piece!

Archived