Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

the sun sets today on kgoldy's all natural 90

kgoldy

A few goodies picked up at the NYC swap yesterday... unfortunately, pics are gunna have to wait a bit since work is about to be crazy this week. Few SPS, mostly zoos.

Just wanna give a shout out and thank you to pbjelly, who ran to CVS to get some needles and thread when I just about ripped my shorts right off my body while picking up my boxes/coolers when I got to the swap. Being able to get my butt off the chair and not arrested for indecent exposure made the swap a lot more fun that it otherwise could have been... Haha.

Haha, too funny. Is this the meatt you asked if I would make?

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay, so... 3 weeks of saran wrap and rubber bands "choking" my GSP and it won't freaking die. My ORA Bird of Paradise looks really pissed though. Bah...

091.jpg

Anyway, pic dump time!

Gogoswapmeetfrags-

015.jpg

016.jpg

017.jpg

018.jpg

019.jpg

020.jpg

021.jpg

022.jpg

023.jpg

024.jpg

046.jpg

047.jpg

048.jpg

049.jpg

050.jpg

051.jpg

052.jpg

053.jpg

054.jpg

055.jpg

058.jpg

059.jpg

060.jpg

061.jpg

062.jpg

063.jpg

069.jpg

Got a few Berghia Nudis finally... preordered them at the swap from WingoLED. I've been harvesting and isolating aiptasia for months in preparation to attempt a breeding program. Had no indication that what I was going to get from Wingo were going to be ####ing microscopic slugs until I picked them up. I'm pretty sure two of the four were eaten by aiptasia. :rant:

Lesson learned. Should have spent extra money on shipping to get "breeder sized" from Inland Aquatics...

025.jpg

026.jpg

027.jpg

028.jpg

029.jpg

030.jpg

031.jpg

032.jpg

033.jpg

034.jpg

035.jpg

036.jpg

037.jpg

038.jpg

039.jpg

040.jpg

041.jpg

042.jpg

043.jpg

044.jpg

th_045.jpg

^Video^

That is CWAAYZEE!

Good luck with the nudis, you have 2 left? any of them actually on an aiptasia?

I fed them one small aiptasia before I even started acclimating them... Two of them took the thing down really quick. Since then... I saw two get stung pretty bad by aiptasia... and I'm assuming they're dead.

One of the two I can still find went from white to brownish, so that means he's got a belly full of aiptasia. Seems to be growing amazingly fast too.

Random tank shots-

070.jpg

071.jpg

072.jpg

073.jpg

074.jpg

075.jpg

076.jpg

078.jpg

079.jpg

080.jpg

081.jpg

082.jpg

083.jpg

084.jpg

085.jpg

086.jpg

087.jpg

088.jpg

089.jpg

090.jpg

092.jpg

093.jpg

094.jpg

095.jpg

096.jpg

097.jpg

098.jpg

099.jpg

100.jpg

101.jpg

103.jpg

104.jpg

105.jpg

106.jpg

107.jpg

Figured I would take some Mr Coral inspired actinic pics and show how awesome my reef looks for like 2 hours every day.

030.jpg

029.jpg

028.jpg

027.jpg

026.jpg

025.jpg

024.jpg

023.jpg

022.jpg

021.jpg

020.jpg

019.jpg

018.jpg

017.jpg

016.jpg

015.jpg

014.jpg

013.jpg

012.jpg

011.jpg

010.jpg

009.jpg

008.jpg

007.jpg

006.jpg

005.jpg

004.jpg

003.jpg

002.jpg

001.jpg

Wait, your tryin to choke out your birdsnest?

Free post. More pics

Trying to choke out the GSP. But GSP doesn't seem to mind being smothered in plastic. Birdsnest seems pissed since adding the plastic even though it's not touching it. I might take off the plastic and see if I can kill the GSP some other way. Maybe a piece of black plastic trash bag would do it, so no light reaches the damn GSP.

Moar pics, thanks for bumps guys.

046.jpg

045.jpg

044.jpg

043.jpg

042.jpg

041.jpg

040.jpg

039.jpg

038.jpg

037.jpg

036.jpg

035.jpg

034.jpg

033.jpg

032.jpg

031.jpg

Trying to choke out the GSP. But GSP doesn't seem to mind being smothered in plastic. Birdsnest seems pissed since adding the plastic even though it's not touching it. I might take off the plastic and see if I can kill the GSP some other way. Maybe a piece of black plastic trash bag would do it, so no light reaches the damn GSP.

Moar pics, thanks for bumps guys.

Pooh I was going to say I would gladly take it. Ahah. Everytime I tried to read another pic would show up and move the page. That was ALOT of pics. I think I'm going to refresh the page and walk away for 10 minutes while it loads :P

Pooh I was going to say I would gladly take it. Ahah. Everytime I tried to read another pic would show up and move the page. That was ALOT of pics. I think I'm going to refresh the page and walk away for 10 minutes while it loads :P

Lemme know when you wanna come over and pic out some frags. Got some stuff I want to get rid of.

Here's something that goes in the

! category.

Left, ORA Bird of Paradise, which is pissed off the last few weeks since I'm trying to kill the GSP that was about to grow all up into it.

Right, kgoldy's magic sauce birdnest.

• 2 weeks later...

No pics today, but a quick update...

SPS seems to be suddenly growing at an increased pace, though it seems like high phos is creating soft skeletons. Plating montis are really taking off- some to the point that I've had to trim them to keep them from growing over their neighbors.. I may consider tossing a bag of GFO or something in the sump... maybe. Probably not. Maybe Kat will get frustrated and do it for me.

Two remaining berghia nudibranchs are always in contact with one another (aka having hermaphrodite sex 24/7). I've seen multiple egg clusters, though I've heard that eggs usually aren't viable until the nudi's are full grown.

Both nudis are growing, one much more rapidly than the other. The larger one always looks "full" with the tell-tale brownish color.

Aiptasia is still growing and spreading much faster than the nudis can consume them in the isolated breeder cage. I consider this to be a good thing, as it's a sign that the nudi population *might* not eliminate all their food before I can harvest and sell them.

I'm not really hoping to eliminate the aiptasia from my system, I would like to find a balance so that I can continue to observe the nudis.

All new frags have been put up onto the rocks. In the three days that I was away this past weekend, my jawfish decided to steal half the frags, so I had to get them out of his reach. I think I may be done buying frags... as I have virtually no more room.

GSP on the back walls and overflow has lost it's novelty. It grows too fast, and threatens my SPS too much. Sometime soon I'm going to frag it and get rid of it. I'll decorate the back wall with plating montipora after I make a new tank cover/screen so that there is more light available. Right now, black eggcrate keeps it a little dark in the back.

Also-

Blue stripe pipefish seems to be doing well in the 24/7 lit fuge. It is hidden and less active during the real nighttime, despite the lack of change in it's bright as #### setting.

Lettuce Nudis are doing well in the bottom fuge too. I think they're eating my green grape caulerpa... But I don't know for sure. If I get the chance, I may pick up two more and see if I can encourage them to breed.

Salts got to go. :happy:

okay I'll take epic pictures instead. :lol:

Also, I asked Pat to come visit when I'm visiting too, he's not ready for chaeto he said but I hope you don't mind that I invited him anyway. Also his girlfriend will hopefully join the ladies club, Ima try to convince Leeny too.

Let's meet half way on the salt... You can take the salt off the (otherwise clean) Bubble Magus I have wasting away in the back of the sump. With the skimmer removed from the chamber, that's where a bag of GFO or phosban or something can go.

Archived