ReefCleaners.org

the sun sets today on kgoldy's all natural 90

kgoldy

:wacko:

Had a bizzarre dream. I was coming over to your place to help you with some sump issues. You picked me up I guess from the train station and you looked like rambo, all beard and big hair like you've been in the jungle for a while. The guys that were going to work on the sump for you wouldn't agree to do the work unless you proved you were an army man so you showed them a rifle or something. And it seemed this happened in Atlanta. :mellow:

We get to your house and it's full of aunts! Leeny's family is over to welcome her back home. So these aunts (rollers in hair and all!) said they heard about me, I'm such a good egg for taking care of someone elses kids. (long story). Your sump was in the basement and required those guys to dig up your foundation. Seemed like a case of clogged pipes. But for some reason it was Deckoz from this forum doing the digging and it was to install an MP10. :huh:

Anyway it was a huge mess, in the middle of it all you decided you weren't going to have a sump and told the guy I would take the MP10. :o

I think I'm suffering from a lack of pictures especially after you said the tank had issues while you were away. So the short of it is, put up a couple of pics NOW and put me put of my misery.

:blink:

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:unsure: Scurry. Aileen just made me shave my beard... I grew it out because I insisted that if we have to be in the cold ass Himalayas, I get to grow a mountain man beard.

Anyway, it took like 12 hours yesterday to upload all the pics. 1300+ or something... I think someone turned off the computer before the last few went up. A lot are repetitive... and a little out of order because the upload is from two cameras that were taking pics at the same time.

I'll post the best of the photos- the album is public if anyone wants to look through all of them. Pretty sure I uploaded in decently high quality, so browsing might be slow.

Unawatuna Beach Resort and surrounding area. First day, sunrise- Southern tip of Sri Lanka:

005.jpg

006.jpg

010.jpg

014.jpg

I love the beach puppies.

019.jpg

023.jpg

026.jpg

034.jpg

045.jpg

Our room in the shadows-

065.jpg

068.jpg

View from the room:

069.jpg

084.jpg

085.jpg

089.jpg

090.jpg

092.jpg

These little crabbies were fast as hell, and seemed to know when I was pointing my camera at them. Super hard to photograph.

098.jpg

Pre-sunburn...

1232.jpg

1233.jpg

1230.jpg

After sunburn-

115.jpg

103.jpg

101.jpg

Random Toad!

120.jpg

1234.jpg

Currents were pretty damn rough, even for two lifetime ocean swimmers... The waves had a really rough breaking point, getting beyond it took a lot of effort.

1239.jpg

Sri Lankan Turtle farm! I love baby turtles. So cute. Too bad 99.9% of them get eaten within a week of being released. :angry:

170.jpg

124.jpg

123.jpg

128.jpg

130.jpg

They move around so much... couldn't figure out how to get a good pic of groups of them with the reflection in the water...

136.jpg

156.jpg

157.jpg

Nice pics! Looks like neither one of you should be in the sun for more than 10 minutes!

Yeah... learned that lesson for sure.

Sri Lankan food = awesome. This was supposed to be an order for a single person... Glad we stopped at one meal.

259.jpg

Pretty sure I ate this guy-

257.jpg

258.jpg

Some Sri Lankan National Park that I can't remember the name of...

280.jpg

321.jpg

330.jpg

335.jpg

364.jpg

Elephant Rock-

370.jpg

384.jpg

405.jpg

419.jpg

This was the home of a Japanese family... All were lost in the Tsunami. Since the event that killed countless people in Sri Lanka, natives have been moving inland and coastal land has become really "cheap" for foreigners to buy.

429.jpg

Mongoose!

452.jpg

Can you see him?

448.jpg

447.jpg

Sri Lanka's National Bird is the chicken. Now the shape on the tail of Sri Lankan Air's planes makes sense...

461.jpg

466.jpg

482.jpg

Long day...

486.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Went shopping today. Small photodump of new pets and the chopping rampage I went on to make some frags.

Wooop!

015.jpg

016.jpg

017.jpg

018.jpg

019.jpg

020.jpg

021.jpg

022.jpg

023.jpg

024.jpg

025.jpg

026.jpg

027.jpg

028.jpg

029.jpg

030.jpg

031.jpg

032.jpg

033.jpg

034.jpg

035.jpg

036.jpg

Video... He's so cuuuuute! :wub: He's eating pods so small that I can't even see em. Or, he's headbutting the glass just for fun. Let's hope it's not the latter.

th_037.jpg

Oh, btw- That green banded goby... Yeah, prolly never going to see him again. My security guard (the one in the sig) tried to eat him already.

oh yay, you got those at RE? List what you got, I can't make stuff out.

Just the stuff in the bags is new. Pipefish, green banded goby, and 2x Lettuce Nudis.

Pipefish will live in the sump. Should fare better than the ones I put in my display...

Nudis are in the sump, for now. I'm going to see if I can breed them. With 3+ types of caulerpa, 3 types of grac, and bryopsis in there, the abundance of food should keep them happy. They're gorgeous, and I really hope they eat bryopsis so I can have my main display cleaned up.

Green banded... he's in the display, hiding.

whoa. Grandis palys look really good in there. i can't get over the bird colony and the montiporas! the sparkly palys/zoas demand a higher price whatever their name is.

Pre-ordered some Berghia Nudibranchs. Hopefully going to get a temporary breeding program to eliminate the aiptasia from my system.

And I'm kind of tempted to get one of these to kill aiptasia if the nudi's don't do it...

It's a frickin laser!

In your last picture upload, what is that coral with a green base and orange tips? Your tank has soooo much coral.

Archived