inTank Media Baskets

the sun sets today on kgoldy's all natural 90

kgoldy

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Happy birthday Reef! Glug glug glug

Kat- check this out. Leeny has me recruiting.

Everyone else, check it out too. Stuff is goin viral, you should hear about it soon.

Video Link

425786_10150607155923621_739703620_9370866_841907936_n.jpg

60 pound Ashley thinks she's a lap cat.

OMG you're both adorable! I want a pittie so bad. Make a great hiking partner- I can make him/ her carry some of the weight! :D

Berghia Nudi breeding program

will you marry me :lol:

OMG you're both adorable! I want a pittie so bad. Make a great hiking partner- I can make him/ her carry some of the weight! :D

She's totally down with hiking. Unfortunately, she's attached at the hip to my other dog who has terrible knees... so they have to settle for occasional walks around town.

will you marry me :lol:

Well, that was fast. Hi. I'm Kris. Nice to meet you. :D

But sorry, I think the girlfriend might get upset if I accepted your proposal.

NewBitmapImage.jpg

Well, that was fast. Hi. I'm Kris. Nice to meet you. :D

But sorry, I think the girlfriend might get upset if I accepted your proposal.

NewBitmapImage.jpg

haaha whatever, has she asked you yet? first one there wins :D heehe

I read a few pages back (sorry, not the whole thing) and gather you're going to India. I lived there for a year. The worst year of my life. Northern india can be extremely unfriendly towards women. I was groped molested and assaulted every day. southern india is not so bad. Even when traveling with a man i was still harassed constantly, but not as much as being alone. Stick close to your girl. You might avoid trouble too if she wears a engagement ring or band if she doesn't have one already;) My friend and i were turned away from several hotels because we weren't "married" and it was 'inappropriate". And this even in southern india! but i think part of it was he looked indian (but from Minnesota) and we were staying in really cheap (local) places. If you stay on the tourist track it won't be so bad. Oh, watch for scams at delhi. Anyone who tells you a train isn't running and they will arrange transportation just walk away and stick to your lonely planet travel guide plan! I got scammed so bad, and i spoke hindi and had been living there for 6 months at that point. they are really good! the poverty is beyond depressing. When i was there in early 2000 they were still cutting off childrens limbs (children bought from villagers for a bag of rice) to beg for money from foreigners. Do not give a child any money, they are forced to give it all to their "owners" and it simply allows them to purchase more children to maim. Its disgusting. I hope they aren't doing that anymore but poverty is poverty. you will see the absolute best of people and the worst. And the worst is so much worse then i cold have ever imagined.

Other then that have a great time! the taj is awesome. Dharmsala is my fave place in india (home of tibetan govnt in exile, unfortunately the dalai lama is usually traveling. Tibetan culture is amazing), other then Kerala and a boat trip up to Goa.

oh, and Investing an a steri pen is a wise investment;) People fill used water bottles up with local water, reseal them, and sell as new to unsuspecting tourists.

haaha whatever, has she asked you yet? first one there wins :D heehe

I'm sure you ask all the nano-reef guys. :blush:

I read a few pages back (sorry, not the whole thing) and gather you're going to India. I lived there for a year. The worst year of my life. Northern india can be extremely unfriendly towards women. I was groped molested and assaulted every day. southern india is not so bad. Even when traveling with a man i was still harassed constantly, but not as much as being alone. Stick close to your girl. You might avoid trouble too if she wears a engagement ring or band if she doesn't have one already;) My friend and i were turned away from several hotels because we weren't "married" and it was 'inappropriate". And this even in southern india! but i think part of it was he looked indian (but from Minnesota) and we were staying in really cheap (local) places. If you stay on the tourist track it won't be so bad.

Yeah, this is going to be my second time there. Aileen (the g/f pictured above) has been there since July living in Delhi teaching English on a Fulbright Scholarship. This is actually her last week of classes right now.

She's been relatively alright over there... or at least that's what she tells me. She's a push-over, but her roommates are a little less hesitant to pull out the pepper-spray and/or punch a dude.

The only major incident she's had so far was luckily when she was with me- and I had a big ass knife and the would-be robbers didn't even have a weapon. Haha.

Oh, watch for scams at delhi. Anyone who tells you a train isn't running and they will arrange transportation just walk away and stick to your lonely planet travel guide plan! I got scammed so bad, and i spoke hindi and had been living there for 6 months at that point. they are really good! the poverty is beyond depressing. When i was there in early 2000 they were still cutting off childrens limbs (children bought from villagers for a bag of rice) to beg for money from foreigners. Do not give a child any money, they are forced to give it all to their "owners" and it simply allows them to purchase more children to maim. Its disgusting. I hope they aren't doing that anymore but poverty is poverty. you will see the absolute best of people and the worst. And the worst is so much worse then i cold have ever imagined.

Yeah... A year in Iraq pretty much put my world into perspective in the same way.

Other then that have a great time! the taj is awesome. Dharmsala is my fave place in india (home of tibetan govnt in exile, unfortunately the dalai lama is usually traveling. Tibetan culture is amazing), other then Kerala and a boat trip up to Goa.

Went to see that Taj and spent a week in Goa last time. It was awesome. Won't get to see Kerala this time- going to Sri Lank instead. ...which reminds me... I better apply for that visa before I get yelled at again.... After Sri Lanka I'm going up to freeze my butt off in the mountains.

oh, and Investing an a steri pen is a wise investment;) People fill used water bottles up with local water, reseal them, and sell as new to unsuspecting tourists.

Yeah, after whatever horrific virus I got last time I'm going there prepared for the worst. Hopefully I can get my doc to send me off with some antibiotics this time.

P.S. Uploading pics. Finally put all my new frags where they belong.

Kat- check this out. Leeny has me recruiting.

Everyone else, check it out too. Stuff is goin viral, you should hear about it soon.

Video Link

I JUST watched that on my lunch break! I love that organization. Been a fan since they started and volunteered at Displace Me in Atlanta :D

:o crazy. Interesting stuff. I'd love to go to India one day but I'd have to do a ton of research first.

I'm sure you ask all the nano-reef guys. :blush:

No, you're my first ;)

Ah you guys are already travel vets:) talking about it is probably just a form of therapy for me. :o i think i've caused at least 3 people to cancel their travel plans already. oops

I can't believe someone tried to rob you! They would just run up to me, grab my breasts and my crotch. One guy made a pathetic attempt to rape me. HA! I hope his sperm count is permanently lowered :D

yea ad more pics! I think the only ones i've come across in the last few pages are : a gross finger, a cute boy, dog, and kitty, and some disgusting PDA's haha. time to put some coral pics up! :D

I JUST watched that on my lunch break! I love that organization. Been a fan since they started and volunteered at Displace Me in Atlanta :D

Yeah, the video pretty much went viral over night. Though, a lot of my crazy activist friends, who are usually doing everything they can to motivate the world for causes, are almost unanimously coming out against the video. Bah. Looks like nothing in life can ever be simple. I've got some reading to do to see what's really behind this whole viral movement.

:o crazy. Interesting stuff. I'd love to go to India one day but I'd have to do a ton of research first.

I'd recommend letting someone else do the research and go first... Then meet them there. Made my life way easy. Haha.

...I'm uploading the pics at twice the default resolution that photobucket sets- 2000somethingx1800something-ish?

Hopefully it makes the pics look better than the norm, but doesn't crash people's computers like my last pic dump.

I'll have to link the pics later tonight... Uploads are taking a while.

I read a few pages back (sorry, not the whole thing) and gather you're going to India. I lived there for a year. The worst year of my life. Northern india can be extremely unfriendly towards women. I was groped molested and assaulted every day. southern india is not so bad. Even when traveling with a man i was still harassed constantly, but not as much as being alone. Stick close to your girl. You might avoid trouble too if she wears a engagement ring or band if she doesn't have one already;) My friend and i were turned away from several hotels because we weren't "married" and it was 'inappropriate". And this even in southern india! but i think part of it was he looked indian (but from Minnesota) and we were staying in really cheap (local) places. If you stay on the tourist track it won't be so bad. Oh, watch for scams at delhi. Anyone who tells you a train isn't running and they will arrange transportation just walk away and stick to your lonely planet travel guide plan! I got scammed so bad, and i spoke hindi and had been living there for 6 months at that point. they are really good! the poverty is beyond depressing. When i was there in early 2000 they were still cutting off childrens limbs (children bought from villagers for a bag of rice) to beg for money from foreigners. Do not give a child any money, they are forced to give it all to their "owners" and it simply allows them to purchase more children to maim. Its disgusting. I hope they aren't doing that anymore but poverty is poverty. you will see the absolute best of people and the worst. And the worst is so much worse then i cold have ever imagined.

Sorry you had such a bad experience. All I can tell you for a fact is that your experience is NOT normal.

In any country: Children beggars are never begging for themselves. I am horrified about the cut limbs, did you report it to the authorities? contact the papers if you witnessed this?

All in all India IS a third world country, anybody wanting to backpack it without a full blown discovery channel filming crew with them is not being realistic about the experience. There is nothing romantic about a 3rd world country.

/rant B)

Rasta frag #1 new home- Somewhat shaded, low flow.

001.jpg

The acan to the farthest right... I just found that between my rockwork, hanging almost upside-down, with zero light. It must have been like that for 6 months. Didn't even know it existed.

006.jpg

New yellow/green monti with pink polyps and some zoos

003.jpg

Don't know what changed in my tank, but the color of this monti finally got back to normal. Glowing red with blue polyps. Anyone know the name of it?

007.jpg

Center is pink lemonade... Top right is rasta frag number two and some other new zoo.

010.jpg

011.jpg

012.jpg

Caught my YCG eating my SPS today. :angry:

013.jpg

014.jpg

One of the flasher wrasses promoted himself to dominant male since the biggest guy jumped.

016.jpg

Frag to the left of the maxi is a GARF purple bonsai. Came to me washed out and brown... Hope it recovers.

017.jpg

This monti is highlighter yellow with red polyps. Kinda bleached... I think another frag fell on it at some point...

020.jpg

022.jpg

K, let's see if the resolution on these pics is alright....

024.jpg

025.jpg

Some new schtuff... No names that I know.

026.jpg

027.jpg

I go months without seeing pistol shrimp... Then today I see two in five minutes. Everyone came out for the camera today.

028.jpg

030.jpg

Montis are growing into each other... Setosa is getting it's butt kicked a little bit. Color came back on the seasons greetings montis- I thought they were on their way out like a week ago.

031.jpg

032.jpg

View from the kitchen. The bubbles aren't nearly as distracting in real life...

036.jpg

This is the only nem that likes to eat. It's quite a piggy. Every other nem just lets food roll right off it.

037.jpg

New stuff, different angle.

039.jpg

Tyree Toadstool and GSP magnet wall.

040.jpg

The reef looks so much better from above... It makes me really wish I had a shallow and wide reef. Just try not to let the glare of the LEDs get to you too much. Haha.

041.jpg

042.jpg

043.jpg

044.jpg

045.jpg

046.jpg

Purple death paly's (top center) look ten times nicer from above than they do through the glass.

047.jpg

049.jpg

050.jpg

051.jpg

052.jpg

053.jpg

054.jpg

To the left of the base of the orange gorgonian, and left of the little clam... There's a bad-ass new monti. Blue, with red polyps. It's a little bleached at the moment... But should looks sweet when it gets happy.

056.jpg

Looks great man! I would kick the YCG's butt!

Happy Birthday to your tank! :happy:

Yeah, he needs a butt kickin. Not sure it's his fault though. Acros tend to do this in my tank. Shame,it's a really prettyone.

And thanks!

omgomgomg

You win for biggest dumps.

My favorites are still the copperband, the maxis, and your large zoa/paly collection. I like how you have larger colonies/zoa hills instead of just a few of each.

Man, I hope my tank looks that good in three years, let alone one!

Oh and congrats on the marrige proposal!

All I ever got was a paternity suite.

Archived