Pod Your Reef

SmithErick's 5.5g PicoAquariums Manta Ray

SmithErick

I've been looking at those Japanese Skimmers after I saw them on The Glass Box blog.

Where did you buy yours? And can you tell me what the minimum depth of water is required?

I used the tape to tape off center of the stand. It is gone now i will update some pics when i put water in this week.

I got the skimmer from aqua touch. They had one left. I am not sure of the minimum water depth, the japanese manual was hard to read ;) it said something about the bubbles in the skimmer should be 5cm above the top of the water line. The skimmer itself is around 10-11 inches. It hangs on the rim of the tank. I will be testing it out this week!

• 2 weeks later...

All camera phone pics, sorry for the quality.

PAR 38 On, Water, Sand, and Non Scaped Rock in.

IMAG0112-vi.jpg

A cool pic...

IMAG0120-vi.jpg

A view from the side, you can see most of the corals. The colors are hard to capture on camera because the light is so intense.

IMAG0138-vi.jpg

Somewhat of a FTS with the new clam addition thanks to Brad at Dubey's Pet World.

IMAG0141-vi.jpg

Should have some fish in it in the next week.

looks great, I really like that skimmer. might have to check on that for later. glad to see another picoaquariums build on here. Chris makes a really great product.

• 1 year later...

oh shi- I have that same neo arm and ordered this dang tank too. and and and and Im gonna look for a glazer skimmer. tank twins :3

If I'm correct you are using an Ikea stand? from the expedit series?

That thing is supposed to only hold 13kg if I'm not mistaken... You might want to consider to reinforce it!

I have one to and I was also considering to put my tank on it.

Hope the stand holds ;)

Jb

• 3 weeks later...

Everything is for sale now, PM me,

It is an IKEA Stand, forgot what model, it's very study and I read specs before I put something on it.

Archived