Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

My 1/2g Dorm Reef

victor52

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
your promise has been broken :lol:

I feel so bad... I had a recital and that was pretty much the end of my month.

Here is a video of my tank as of today.

looking great man, keep it up :D this will become TOTM soon!

what non coral inverts are living in here?(is the first post updated?)

Thanks I really grateful for the support.

Thats an inspiration to the pico reefers! What light are you running on it now?

Thanks! I'm running the same LED from before. Two cree Royal Blue and one Neutral White. I scrapped the canopy and base I made out of molding and in-cased the LEDs into a gutted heavy duty desk lamp that was designed for high temp bulbs.

looking great man, keep it up :D this will become TOTM soon!

what non coral inverts are living in here?(is the first post updated?)

That would be great. I enjoy looking at the past winners and dreaming of one day being one. Did you notice your coral that I bought from you. They are doing great. They are the newest addition to my tank. The Zoas are beautiful!

I just updated the stocking list on the 1st post.

im going to try and spot my coral right now. which side are they on?

i found some green dragon eyes towards the center, are those from me?

im going to try and spot my coral right now. which side are they on?

All 3, the 2 zoas and leather are dead center.

Sorry its hard to see because of the video quality. I'll try my best to possibly borrow a better camera.

Here are a couple pics of my aquarium.

post-62641-1334981154_thumb.jpg

post-62641-1334981165_thumb.jpg

Sorry I didn't notice how dirty it was till after I took the pictures.

Thanks Pico-reefer.

My tank is 6.5 x 4 x 5... roughly .5g. I do nothing more than a complete water change every week (or when I remember :rolleyes:)

ok so I've been reading up a lot more and starting to get more involved in the hobby again. I am constantly staring into my tank and always distressed by the giant gashes and scratches on the front glass. I finally broke down and just bought a Marina CUBUS Glass Betta Kit on amazon. I liked this tank because it looks very clean and has about the same dimensions; meaning I can just place my large central rock (which has all my coral glued onto it) directly in it without having to scape all over again.

What do you guys think? Can I just transfer everything over without cycling again. My current tank is .5 and this one is .9. I don't think it will be much more of a difference for the bacteria.

Thanks

i have the cubus tank and im loving it and it seems like if you use everthing in the old tank it might not need to cycle agian post some pics love to see :D

yes it will xfer with no cycle do it like this:

pour off saltwater into holding bucket put all your rocks/corals in it

if you have a sandbed, throw it out and start fresh in the new tank. or, rinse it totally 100% clean, you don't need its filtration bacteria the live rock is sufficient and will not be stressed during the move.

Xfer everything over into new tank, don't even move old water, all the re seeding comes from the substrates you are re locating

fill with clean, new saltwater and you are ready to go!

corals may act mad for a couple days, wont matter they will be fine. The key thing you want to accomplish is to xfer no detritus from one tank to another, its like moving a dirty diaper among babies lol

Archived