SaltCritters.com

Topless 20k Halide BC14 Now With Reefbrite Actinics!

Formula462

Finally took the effing false floor out in chamber one. My heater is now hidden away again! I have a ton of services to do today which sucks because of the nasty weather. Hopefully I will have some time to spend with my own tank when I get done.

How did you get the floor out? I have a mushroom that has taken up residence behind the grate, but cannot get at it b/c of the false floor. Even when it is out and all plumped up, it's so slimy and hard to get hold of that it just slips out of my fingers. What is the purpose of the floor -- just to hold up the biofilter?

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How did you get the floor out? I have a mushroom that has taken up residence behind the grate, but cannot get at it b/c of the false floor. Even when it is out and all plumped up, it's so slimy and hard to get hold of that it just slips out of my fingers. What is the purpose of the floor -- just to hold up the biofilter?

yes it is more or less pointless. I just pushed on it with my fingers until it snapped in half. It was then easy to pull out.

yes it is more or less pointless. I just pushed on it with my fingers until it snapped in half. It was then easy to pull out.

Thanks! I may give that a try. See if I can do it without freaking out the whole tank.

Got caught trying to do the Darth Vader thing with my lights....it didn't work.

847094162_photobucket_79746_.jpg

I was hoping the timer would shut them off as I was doing it but it did not.

80686348.jpg

its in style

you mean the purposeful idiocy? i agree there. it sure seems to be in style what with all the young, awkward weirdos nowadays.

I might have to delete it altogether to avoid being "in"

not in my tank but I still like it. It's too big for the little nano.

2259927251_photobucket_105240_.jpg

2259927251_photobucket_105241_.jpg

this however IS from my tank. lens must have been dirty though.

desperately need to frag this monster.

2259927251_photobucket_105242_.jpg

From another tank I spend a lot of time around.

2259927251_photobucket_105244_.jpg

Did you get angry at your door?

Uhhhh....of course not, no....i, i was putting on jeans and hoping around like you do to pull them up....I tripped and fell into it, honestly!

Ok, yes I hit the door in a fit of rage. But to be clear it wasn't the door that angered me, it was just the closest thing to me that wasn't alive.

You have a similar door in your house? It might take one to know one.

Lol no doors are to expensive. Just some patched up Sheetrock lol.

You should pull the rim off the biocube. I got mine off in one piece and am currently using it. Just cut it by the back chamber on both sides and slowly pry it off. Clean up the silicon w a razor and that's it. It looks nice. I'll put a pic up later.

From another tank I spend a lot of time around.

2259927251_photobucket_105244_.jpg

holy leather freak, Batman -- that thing is huge! I really like the pic above -- the blend of macro + corals. That was my original plan. Hasn't quite worked out that way :P.

• 2 weeks later...
Lol no doors are to expensive. Just some patched up Sheetrock lol.

You should pull the rim off the biocube. I got mine off in one piece and am currently using it. Just cut it by the back chamber on both sides and slowly pry it off. Clean up the silicon w a razor and that's it. It looks nice. I'll put a pic up later.

Watched my buddy shatter his doing that. If I plan on doing anymore upgrades, I am just gonna get another tank. I am actually about to start a 75 gallon prop/frag tank for selling some corals online.

• 2 weeks later...

Well as my build thread slips into obscurity in the back pages of the AIO forum, it must be time to upgrade or add something. Have my eye on a large Rose Milllipora Colony for 90 bucks. Or possibly Solar Flare Chalice. Either way, come tonight, this tank will have someone new in there.

Man I would have thought winning FTS of the week in Nano News would gain me some tank publicity...

I guess I let the fame go to my head lol.

Archived