inTank Media Baskets

Topless 20k Halide BC14 Now With Reefbrite Actinics!

Formula462

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Neat frag shelf. I was just reading on a way of building one even for a 14 bc. Nothing in my tank needs fragging at the moment, but it's something to think about. As always, nice pics!

Neat frag shelf. I was just reading on a way of building one even for a 14 bc. Nothing in my tank needs fragging at the moment, but it's something to think about. As always, nice pics!

Thank you very much, I am glad you think I have a nice rack!

Dnanoreefer

Nice fish! So I have wanted to buy a media basket from in tank for a while now.. Money is pretty tight.. Had some acrylic laying around and this is what I came up with... What are you running for floss? Wal Mart stuffing?? Or actual floss?

e6ffa73a.jpg

935b4f23.jpg

looks good man but you have to put sides on it to properly channel water. Make sure one side is removable too. Oh and try to not get sued by inTank lol.

I run the blue/white sided floss pads we sell at work. When I run out, or we sell out, I have a backup bag of polyester fiber fill. It functions, but loose polyester threads are always going to find their way wrapped around your impeller shaft.

• 2 weeks later...

I made another rack the other day. this one is 4 inches deeper down. I sold some coral on CL and acquired some setosa frags as well.

My mummy eye chalice that IS/WAS epoxied into place, got crab flipped and landed in the middle of my pretty red aussie acans. :(

Needless to say, the chalice won the fight. The rest of the acans that the chalice did not touch look great still. Hopefully it will make a full recovery. Fingers crossed.

Got a new fish coming in today. Finally gonna add that Tailspot Blenny I have been eyeing. I will post pics as soon as the little dude settles in. Fingers crossed he does not take the suicide dive!!

Not that anyone gives a ####, but he is in the tank now. Of course he is hiding like blennies do, with the clownfish only halfway charging at him.

Dnanoreefer

looking nice, those palys are sick dude. and that setosa i think is awesome. is that considered a sps? i really like the color of that. i need some orange in my tank badly. hope all is well with the little blenny.

looking nice, those palys are sick dude. and that setosa i think is awesome. is that considered a sps? i really like the color of that. i need some orange in my tank badly. hope all is well with the little blenny.

Yeah setosa is a montipora species. The little blenny is being somewhat confusing to me. When he first went in, he went straight to the back. He peeked his little head around and slowly starting inching out. Whenever the clown saw him, he would make a half hearted little dash towards the blenny. Just doing his clown thing, showing him whose boss. He never nipped him though, not that I saw anyway. The blenny ended up settling in on top of the big red monti cap, and slept there all night. He still sits atop the monti as I type, crouched down with his white stripes on display. Hopefully by the end of today he will have settled and munched some food. New fish are always so skinny.

Got my big frag tank coming Monday! It's not huge but it's certainly big enough to get some great grow out going on. The tailspot is doing great also. I don't know why I haven't taken a photo of him yet.

Getting the tank today after work. I already have some powerheads for the interior but I have to pick up a tube of silicone and some glass panels so I can baffle the sump better. I also need to pick up a mag 9 or so.

ts blennies are cool. got mine 2 weeks ago and he is doing good. right now he will only pellets which i feed only in the am. he only eats it when it starts sinking, but is always looking at it floating on the top. once in awhile he will try the flakes. roams around the tank and will sit atop the LR and watch the tank. got 2 clowns and a 6-line that don't bother him. got to start feeding those guys at one end of the tank and drop food at the other end so he can get his share.

Formula462

I will take some pictures of him today. Blennies in general are my favorite fish. I really enjoy taking care of them up at the store. They love cyclop-eeze, and black worm bits. Of course algae is a big part of their diet as well. I find it odd that liveaquaria lists them as herbivores and stress algae, but make no comment about the fact they will readily accept and inhale small meat based foods as well.

Archived