Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Topless 20k Halide BC14 Now With Reefbrite Actinics!

Formula462

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply
nice tank man - love that chalice popping red.

why the frag rack?

Just there to hold that little green digi frag until I move it to my latest setup. I ain't leaving it don't worry

That red chalice is gone, I gave it to a friend. I have a nice mummy eye though.

Just tested my parameters. The whole shebang.

Calcium-422 ppm

Alkalinity-8 DKH

Magnesium-1400 ppm

PH-8.2

Nitrate-0 detectable

Nitrite-" "

Ammonia-" "

SG-1.027 (needed to top-off)

Corals are looking real good. I am really digging the German Blue Polyp Digitata and the Jeremy's Green.

Now that my Tri-color Valida is out where it likes the flow and receives good light, it has started to get it's purple tips back. :lol:

Dnanoreefer

looks real nice. like the zoas, i wish i could find some different kinds around here. all the lfs have the green ones and green with orange skirts. they are so common i dont even want them in my tank. looks like i may go to mail order. how does the acan like the halide? i also have a topless 14g cube with a k2 viper 70w halide over it. candy canes absolutly go nuts when its on and so do mushrooms. your acan looks real nice. i have been looking for frags but they are really expensive for kinda blah looking cans. i really like your setup.

oh and what size hydor are you using? good flow i take it? and did you upgrade the return pump?

looks real nice. like the zoas, i wish i could find some different kinds around here. all the lfs have the green ones and green with orange skirts. they are so common i dont even want them in my tank. looks like i may go to mail order. how does the acan like the halide? i also have a topless 14g cube with a k2 viper 70w halide over it. candy canes absolutly go nuts when its on and so do mushrooms. your acan looks real nice. i have been looking for frags but they are really expensive for kinda blah looking cans. i really like your setup.

oh and what size hydor are you using? good flow i take it? and did you upgrade the return pump?

Yeah it has a MaxiJet 900 for return and that Koralia is the 240 gph version. The acans went through some color morphing under the halides but they don't bleach. I usually start all LPS down low with the halides. Even the acros I start low at first. This tank is modified about every way you could short of pulling the rim off.

Dnanoreefer

nice, i am moving my tank tonight wish me luck.. its at my old appt. and its neglected at the moment. im only abvle to get over once in a wile to change the water. but when i get it home its getting major facelift. i want the intank media basket, with the mj900 and i need one of the hydors like that in it also. you get good enough flow with the 240?

nice, i am moving my tank tonight wish me luck.. its at my old appt. and its neglected at the moment. im only abvle to get over once in a wile to change the water. but when i get it home its getting major facelift. i want the intank media basket, with the mj900 and i need one of the hydors like that in it also. you get good enough flow with the 240?

good luck to ya man. I get plenty of flow with the 900 and that koralia nano. It's a tiny tank after all.

Dnanoreefer

I figured it would be plenty of flow, the move went ok, pain in the ass but it worked. do you have the intank basket? i have read your entire thread but dont remember. I still have the bioballs in it, the carbons and the clear media ones, not the standard plastic ones i replaced them all already. people say how bad the bioballs are but my params were perfect forever with them, the only reason my tank would be off now is neglect. soon to be fixed! im really after the look of your tank, simple and clean with great colors. i like it!

I figured it would be plenty of flow, the move went ok, pain in the ass but it worked. do you have the intank basket? i have read your entire thread but dont remember. I still have the bioballs in it, the carbons and the clear media ones, not the standard plastic ones i replaced them all already. people say how bad the bioballs are but my params were perfect forever with them, the only reason my tank would be off now is neglect. soon to be fixed! im really after the look of your tank, simple and clean with great colors. i like it!

Thank you for all the compliments man. I seriously feel like I get ignored pretty good on here sometimes.

It makes me feel good to have a fan. I am the only one who ever sees my tank, well other than my girlfriend and one good friend.

It does have the intank media basket but I use a different method for water direction instead of the included plastic hardware. Bioballs work just fine as long as you get in a good habit of turning the pumps off during feeding and also periodically rinsing them out in your old tank water.

saltwatercoral
Some new pics after water change today 3/15/12

DSC_1538.jpg

DSC_1569.jpg

DSC_1574.jpg

Looking real Nice! I like all the colors in the tank!

Looking real Nice! I like all the colors in the tank!

thanks again man. I plan on adding more very soon as well as starting up that big frag tank I was talking about. Gonna sell corals out of it. Well, it and quite a few other smaller tanks. Taking it slow though.

I wish the shot did the purple tips justice on the ORA Valida.

I am going to give the pocillopora away to a coworker today as well as trade in my frogspawn for something else. might even buy another coral. I also fragged my monti a little bit. Made a piece for JamesHL88.

DSC_1569.jpg

Very nice! How do you get such clear pics of the clown fish and coral? I have to put the camera in sports mode to get the fish clear, then the corals don't always look right. Nicely done!!

Very nice! How do you get such clear pics of the clown fish and coral? I have to put the camera in sports mode to get the fish clear, then the corals don't always look right. Nicely done!!

It's in full manual mode for all the shots. Thank you!

Dnanoreefer

chalice looks nice. i like that pic of the acan and clown also. those acans pop man! what is your halide bulb a 20k? im running a 14 and yours looks much more blue. i was just up at a frag swap today there was soooo many beautiful frags, i came home empty handed. had my children with and they were not to interested and getting a little unruley. haha. its only the first of the year so im not to dissapointed. i also dont have to much room for things. maybe jsut some encrusting frags.

haha im a dumbass, your topic says 14k.. drrrrrrr!

chalice looks nice. i like that pic of the acan and clown also. those acans pop man! what is your halide bulb a 20k? im running a 14 and yours looks much more blue. i was just up at a frag swap today there was soooo many beautiful frags, i came home empty handed. had my children with and they were not to interested and getting a little unruley. haha. its only the first of the year so im not to dissapointed. i also dont have to much room for things. maybe jsut some encrusting frags.

haha im a dumbass, your topic says 14k.. drrrrrrr!

haha no worries. It's a phoenix 14K. I just added a small red planet frag and some pink nebula zoanthids.

Dnanoreefer

Nice looking frags! Are you running a media basket? It's one thing I really need to upgrade to.. I know you said your tank has everything but the rim removed but I don't remember if you have the media basket or not. How low do you have the chalice frags? And what is the flow like for them?

Archived