• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My B&W occelaris

IMG_1644.jpg

IMG_1627.jpg

Great pics everyone!

The Spotcinctus clowns are very nice!

But the B&W clowns are awesome! My first clowns were B&W.

BTW, my clowns are shown in my avatar! ;)

Here are my true percs. Sorry about the crappy pics, all I could get w/my phone camera.

clowns.jpg

clowns2.jpg

Not sure why these are uploading sideways, apologies.

Happy to see this thread to show of my newest additions, Mork and Mindy. Ocellaris pair. Not sure if they have acutally figured out who is who but one is getting bigger then the other already. I have had them almost a month now and they seem very happy.

I want to add some frogspawn for them next.

post-51934-1313005418_thumb.jpg

Those are Clarkii's, not A. Ocellaris.

Mine? They were sold to me as Ocellaris, Thanks for the heads up, I will have to do some reading up on them to see the difference.

Mine? They were sold to me as Ocellaris, Thanks for the heads up, I will have to do some reading up on them to see the difference.

Yup, those would be clarkii's.

Here's the ORA Grade B Picasso I got from Dasani (I use a bigger version of this picture as my desktop wallpaper... I'm geek like that):

110718dsc00451.jpg

Yeah, the picture of my clown right above yours is an A. Ocellaris, he's missing pelvic fins, but you get the idea.

Clarkii's are more aggressive and get larger than Occy's. I'd recommend a 30 gallon long at a minimum for a pair of them. They're closer to Maroon clowns than Occy clowns, behavior-wise anyways.

Yeah, the picture of my clown right above yours is an A. Ocellaris, he's missing pelvic fins, but you get the idea.

Clarkii's are more aggressive and get larger than Occy's. I'd recommend a 30 gallon long at a minimum for a pair of them. They're closer to Maroon clowns than Occy clowns, behavior-wise anyways.

That big? I didn't realize there were so many different Ocellaris. I also hope they are slow growers, I only have a 20g tall I can put them in till I upgrade again. (they are in my 12g atm)

They are by themselves fish wise so aggression shouldn't be a problem.

That big? I didn't realize there were so many different Ocellaris. I also hope they are slow growers, I only have a 20g tall I can put them in till I upgrade again. (they are in my 12g atm)

They are by themselves fish wise so aggression shouldn't be a problem.

They're not an Ocellaris at all. Clarkii are they're own species and I don't think they have any relation to the Ocellaris.

Clownfish 11790

I'm not trying to offend anyone, but why would people pay $250 + shipping for these:

http://www.liveaquaria.com/diversden/ItemD...amp;ddid=128923

This also goes for the clownfish that have weird deformed stripes, none at all, or are just strange looking. I don't think they are attractive at all and I think the normal three striped ones are the best looking ones.

I'm not trying to annoy anyone, just trying to understand.

Could it be just because they are rare?

I'm not trying to offend anyone, but why would people pay $250 + shipping for these:

http://www.liveaquaria.com/diversden/ItemD...amp;ddid=128923

This also goes for the clownfish that have weird deformed stripes, none at all, or are just strange looking. I don't think they are attractive at all and I think the normal three striped ones are the best looking ones.

I'm not trying to annoy anyone, just trying to understand.

Could it be just because they are rare?

Because they are beautiful and unique, I would buy them, I like black. :D Unfortunately I don't have the money to buy ANY fish for that price, maybe if I could afford a 100g+ tank I would think about it. With the right background and moon light, they would look beautiful.

• 1 year later...

Holy cow that's a gorgeous black phantom/snowflake! That's what I want as a mate for my black phantom.

Here's my black ice and black phantom

7B134891-C9BA-4DF7-BCE9-7CADC6155730-3034-000004527EE1A713.jpg

My Wyoming whites

1A31FF33-ECB7-43FC-AC61-51555818854C-281-000000A89FD6F6F4.jpg

And snowflakes

263CFE9A-37DC-4178-A7E2-E8C6D7E3E331-482-0000004BAEA8123A-1.jpg

0431BD9D-010E-4377-B202-35A43E037858-271-000000F0D1168BB0.jpg

Archived