Innovative Marine Aquariums

Unofficial Clownfish Show Off Thread!

noirsphynx

I've searched and come up empty for a show off thread for clownfish so please forgive me if I've overlooked it. I love seeing everyone's clownfish and the different colour varieties so I thought I'd start one.

Here are mine:

Onyx

DSC_0298.jpg

DSC_0294.jpg

Snowflake from ORA

DSC_0308.jpg

DSC_0302.jpg

Two newest darling additions, Spotcinctus Clowns

P1060010_2.jpg

DSC_0270.jpg

DSC_0258.jpg

DSC_0250.jpg

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've had a pair of naked clownfish 4 and a half years. They've been a pair for probably 4 of those years and only spawned once and none of the eggs hatched despite the fact I moved the entire rock they were on into their own tank. I'm pretty sure ORA sterilizes them somehow...

IMG_7578.JPG

here they both are in jan 2007

clowns21.jpg

I've had a pair of naked clownfish 4 and a half years. They've been a pair for probably 4 of those years and only spawned once and none of the eggs hatched despite the fact I moved the entire rock they were on into their own tank. I'm pretty sure ORA sterilizes them somehow...

The naked's are interesting for sure. I work in a salty store and we just got some of the midnight clowns in. These are the first naked's I've seen in person and they're definitely unique.

I hope in the future to be able to breed my Spotcinculus clowns and the snowflake with possibly a Darwin, I hope they're not sterile.

I love your clowns noirsphynx. The full black coloration may come in yet on your clowns. It looks like it wants to.

Here are my clowns.

My Adults

Big Momma

bigmomma.jpg

Jigsaw in the sebae

host2-01-06-2011.jpg

The young juveniles will be going in my 20L when it is finished cycling. These guys are still sooooo small even after 2years.

Runt ~1.35inches in size.

runt1-01-08-2011.jpg

Omen ~ 2inches in size. (He's the one swimming upside down in the middle)

omen01-07-2011.jpg

I love your clowns noirsphynx. The full black coloration may come in yet on your clowns. It looks like it wants to.

Here are my clowns.

The young juveniles will be going in my 20L when it is finished cycling. These guys are still sooooo small even after 2years.

Runt ~1.35inches in size.

Well, I've had her since Nov. 2009 and she still looks like the day I bought her so I doubt she'll change any further. That's okay though.

Love Runt, he's so cute and tiny.

Here are mine from rrcg50

:o Beautiful!

wrasseWrangler

my onyx pair. They both host different corals but get along great. The strange thing is the smaller of the two hosts a coco worm... :lol:

ClownFrog.jpg

ClownFrog2.jpg

ClownCocoWorm3.jpg

ClownCocoWorm.jpg

That thread is old. Just keep this one going.

My ORA Grade B Picasso's. I'll add more pics of them and replace these bad ones later.

Deuce is on the top right and Dewzie is on the bottom left.

DSC03085.jpg

DSC03089.jpg

DSC03054.jpg

DSC02992.jpg

These were taken when the clowns were at the LFS

DSC02885.jpg

DSC02884.jpg

DSC02883.jpg

and a vid of them eating

th_MOV02997.jpg

**looks at avatar**

You're a dude?

You have hearts in your thread title...?

You know you want thissss

Yh

Yh, is that fruity? I'll change it just for you :happy:

edit: there you go. it is now officially manly " B) "

You know you want thissss

Yh

Yh, is that fruity? I'll change it just for you :happy:

edit: there you go. it is now officially manly " B) "

Haha I wasn't meaning for you to change it or be a dick I had just always associated your name with that heart and those '~~~*' things so naturally I assumed you were a female. You can make it whatever you want haha.

Your thread dude... I was just making sure I had things right.

Haha I wasn't meaning for you to change it or be a dick I had just always associated your name with that heart and those '~~~*' things so naturally I assumed you were a female. You can make it whatever you want haha.

Your thread dude... I was just making sure I had things right.

Lawls I gotcha. I'm sorry that I'm different :P

quote from my friend "if your normal, your a loser. if your weird, your awesome."

• 6 months later...

I've had my spotcinctus for 6 months now and I just wanted to share a new pic. They have become so dark in colour compared to when I brought them home.

DSC_0075.jpg

Archived