Pod Your Reef

Discontinued

johnmaloney

I am so sorry I forgot who we owed brittle stars to over the years. I have told a few people I would let them know when we carry them, and now we have them. The thing is we weren't able to get them inexpensively, (which was the earlier problem, we just got over it), so they will still command the price you are used to seeing. The good news is this though:

* they multiply

*no upcharge for the nicer reds when they are available

*first 4 are free if you were one of the people who had asked us about them before, if so please link to that post thread whatever, you get first dibs. They are $1.50 ea after the first free 4, available to the public next week.

I prefer overnight, but understand they do well to 2 day locations as well. Shipping is on you unfortunately.

Nice, I will have to look for these next time I place an order with you.

Just out of curiosity what colors do they come in? I seem to only have red ones in my tank.

I can attest to their rapid reproduction, I snapped a picture of an orgy a while back

IMG_5551_1_.jpg

Let me know when they are available to the public. Want to pick up some macro, but wil wait till these guys are available so i can combine the order

Nice, I will have to look for these next time I place an order with you.

Just out of curiosity what colors do they come in? I seem to only have red ones in my tank.

I can attest to their rapid reproduction, I snapped a picture of an orgy a while back

IMG_5551_1_.jpg

i think it was you specifically that I remember wanting them, is that right? It was like a year ago so I am not sure. Well anyway good to hear, I was thinking I might do aquaculture...yet another license and paperwork etc...so right now we are buying them from aquaculture. But next time you see a sudden blip in their breeding do NR a favor and post your parameters (and then send me the link because you are a nice guy like that). Yours look like a different species than the ones I have, would be cool to get a species bank of these guys... we have 8 of the reds, I really like them, I wish we had more but we do what we can.

I can hold some for you now JBM, I think you have a running spot for "new things" in general.

i think it was you specifically that I remember wanting them, is that right? It was like a year ago so I am not sure. Well anyway good to hear, I was thinking I might do aquaculture...yet another license and paperwork etc...so right now we are buying them from aquaculture. But next time you see a sudden blip in their breeding do NR a favor and post your parameters (and then send me the link because you are a nice guy like that). Yours look like a different species than the ones I have, would be cool to get a species bank of these guys... we have 8 of the reds, I really like them, I wish we had more but we do what we can.

I can hold some for you now JBM, I think you have a running spot for "new things" in general.

When they spawn they sort of move up on all legs. They look like a table sort of. That picture was a small group. I had almost 2 dozen little piles like that all over the tank. It has happened several times in my tanks and it is almost always after lights out, and on days I have done large rock rearranging or tank cleanings.

I wonder if moving the rocks around mimics a certain tide/time of year that trigger them to spawn. Or perhaps the stress causes them to mate before they think they will die. Just uneducated guesses.

maybe stirs up a ton of food at once so they are all out partying, one thing leads to another will be checking it out for sure, thanks for the info!

i agree about shipping xgame, I sent a depressing amount out in shipping today, I want me benefits and retirement plan for being a USPS sales rep. :)

i like new things. Got a new macros? better yet. i'll e-mail you in a little bit

• 2 weeks later...
animalmaster6
not yet, but season is a coming soon

Yay, right when my 125 should be finished up :happydance:

BTW John I'm extremely interested in these micro brittles. If you have some when my refugium is being set up I guarantee when I order my macros I will get a bunch.

Yay, right when my 125 should be finished up :happydance:

BTW John I'm extremely interested in these micro brittles. If you have some when my refugium is being set up I guarantee when I order my macros I will get a bunch.

i will make sure to get them for you then. even if the aquaculture supply dries up I can find them out in the wild now too, didn't realize they were everywhere just well hidden in full view....it is pretty funny to go to the same places for years and just realize that you have walked past something you were looking for a million times. :) At least 3 different species of them too....but the aquaculture is still the better value for now. Anyway, give me a 2 week notice before you order anything, I have found all sort of oddball inverts you would probably be interested in, not colorful or exciting, but cool nonetheless.

i will make sure to get them for you then. even if the aquaculture supply dries up I can find them out in the wild now too, didn't realize they were everywhere just well hidden in full view....it is pretty funny to go to the same places for years and just realize that you have walked past something you were looking for a million times. :) At least 3 different species of them too....but the aquaculture is still the better value for now. Anyway, give me a 2 week notice before you order anything, I have found all sort of oddball inverts you would probably be interested in, not colorful or exciting, but cool nonetheless.

i like cool things

animalmaster6

Awesome thanks man!

BTW you have a PM :)

so i hear! lol JBM.. I have a few different anemone species around and some other things like tube nems.

i think you are on the list for like everything in florida that i dont have in stock at the moment, I have you on it still sbcaes. ;) Speaking of hard to find carrib stuff though, I have a sea pansy in my tank at the moment, it is coral like and you dont have it so :P I did pick up some more zoas for you though, some are very cool.

you have a reply pm am. :)

This sucks...

I was going to place an order right now and they sold out of mini bristle stars :-(

Is there a phone number to reach you folks?

Also would like to order a few nass, dwarf ceriths, brittles, conchs, and cheato.

Will you have all of that in at the same time?

They pretty much have everything minus the bristle stars in stock right now. Well...they're also out of stock on the porclein crabs (I took the last two :-)

i should get some more...i found some new porcelain species that i am unfamiliar with...you have to see them...tiny! grain of rice is an exaggeration, more of a pico vase critter lol... i have the micro brittles actually, but in an amateur move my buddy (this time it wasnt me, I have done it before though for sure), put a rock with a ton oh holes into the brittle star holding tank. I am going to coax them out when I get some time to darken the warehouse and throw some food in, but for now they have me beat, to pick them out I feel like I am going to lose a few legs in the process.

Archived