ReefCleaners.org

Schreiba's ADA 60-F

teamschreiba

Very nicely done! i like the clean look to the tank and the scaping looks natural. if you put a thin sheet of plastic (you can get it from home depo), you'll probably slow down the evaporation. just make sure you don't cover the entire top. i'm digging the LED's

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Very nicely done! i like the clean look to the tank and the scaping looks natural. if you put a thin sheet of plastic (you can get it from home depo), you'll probably slow down the evaporation. just make sure you don't cover the entire top. i'm digging the LED's

Thanks reefs!! I actually just got an ATO so I'm not too concerned about that for now but thanks for the suggestion. I had something similar to that with my last tank. I cut a piece of acrylic and used it as a cover but it didn't look good at all and it definitely seemed to block some light. But if the evap gets completely out of hand I'll consider the idea again.

Im on my phone because im at my parents house in MD, so im too lazy to read through, but did you end up ordering the pipes yet? I'm excited for this tank more than you know lol.

Thanks!! I'm pretty excited to see yours too and I really hope you do end up getting those Mini's ;) But no I haven't bought the pipes yet. Buying the osmolator was a pretty big purchase so I want to hold off a little before I buy the pipes. But on the bright side the pipes should be one of the last hardware purchases I had planned for this tank other than somehow hiding the wires to the lights.

i love the new acans u got there.. can't wait til it's a whole mini colonies!

Thanks! And me too at the rate they are growing at now it shouldn't be too long either. I feel like they're some of the most noticeable growers in my tank maybe next to the GSP and birdsnest.

I've probably posted on your thread saying this before, but damn your tank is so clean and niceeeeeeeeeee. I aspire to make my tank 3/4 as good :)

Thanks peyton! I just checked out yours and it's looking pretty good too :D I love checking out all the rimless tanks that are showing up here.

just a quick question, don't the water splash out of the tank when cleaning it? the water line looks high to the rim of the aquarium.

Yeah well I've dropped my water level slightly from the last FTS to allow for more room for the osmolator. But when I clean the glass I have to move pretty slow to keep from splashing. I do have a nanomag and I'm going to pick up an razor blade for the tougher stuff so hopefully I won't be sticking my hands in the tank at all anymore. I've never had an excessive amount of water splash though and I'm pretty OCD about keeping the outside glass perfectly clear haha

Some softies I've had for awhile now. My ricordea just split last week for the first time which I was pretty excited about. I really want to get the yellow polyps and those palys out of the tank though if anyone wants to come take them off my hands haha.

5469437667_0ffb4b2c38.jpg

how accurate would you say the colors on the monitor represents the real thing? i like the look of the spectrum you have there in the middle of the tank. i figure that would be a 1 to 1 ratio. can you post some more pics (bigger ones)?

how accurate would you say the colors on the monitor represents the real thing? i like the look of the spectrum you have there in the middle of the tank. i figure that would be a 1 to 1 ratio. can you post some more pics (bigger ones)?

They're definitely pretty close. I try to edit my pictures so that they come out as close to what I see with my eyes especially with the FTS. If you go to my flickr page you might be able to see some of the shots larger http://www.flickr.com/photos/31749011@N07/ . Otherwise let me know what you want a picture of and I'll try and take it :happy:

what are you using for the par38s? doesnt look like youre using the diy thing that you had in your sketch up

I'm using the fixture part that actually holds the bulbs from my sketch up but I haven't got around to making a real stand for it yet to hide the wires. Right now its just screwed into the wall. That is next on my to-do list for the tank though along with buying lily pipes. My idea was to find some type of hollow tubing that also looked pretty nice to hide the wires and also support the fixture so that it doesn't have to be mounted to the wall.

On another note I was also thinking about trying to make some type of stand/fixture to hold the top-off sensor and somehow make it out of acrylic so I don't have to look at the huge magnet in the back of my tank. This is just an idea I've been floating around though and probably won't happen until I get the lily pipes.

If someone else asked this, please forgive me but what kind of camera do you use? If its DSLR, what kind of lens? The pics cant be more awesome than those. Amazing, really.

If someone else asked this, please forgive me but what kind of camera do you use? If its DSLR, what kind of lens? The pics cant be more awesome than those. Amazing, really.

Thanks! I use a Nikon D60 with just the 18-55mm kit lens.

can we get a pic of the whole set up? like how the lights are set up

Yeah I'll try and get one up tomorrow if I have time because the lights are already out now. It's not the greatest looking since I haven't finished my initial idea for the fixture though...

Got this shot when I was feeding the tank today. And I'll get the shot with all my equipment up sometime tomorrow after I give the tank a good cleaning :happy:

5474720039_0c8e05ba75_z.jpg

^ +1!

Where are you gonna clean? Your tank is clean enough!! :)

Look forward to those equipment pics. BTW, Im a Nikon user too (D90) and I love it. Cant afford a macro (micro) lens so Im looking into getting some close-up lenses.

Nice shot TS!

Thanks hype! I've always wanted to get a shot like that but I had never been able to get a good one until today.

^ +1!

Where are you gonna clean? Your tank is clean enough!! :)

Look forward to those equipment pics. BTW, Im a Nikon user too (D90) and I love it. Cant afford a macro (micro) lens so Im looking into getting some close-up lenses.

Thanks! But yeaaa I need to scrape some of the algae off near the sand but honestly it's really not that bad. I almost bought some of those close-up lenses but I just decided to wait until I can afford a decent macro. I'll probably get the lily pipes before a macro lens though.

Here's a shot with the light fixture in it for those who have been asking. I picked up some stuff for the tank today too including those wire-hider things up to the lights. Also, I got some materials/tools to start making a new mount for the top-off sensor. As much as the osmolator makes my life 1000 times easier it really ruins the clean look.

5476922313_966573e515.jpg

Archived