Schreiba's ADA 60-F

teamschreiba

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
teamschreiba
5 bucks says he dont

You nailed it ;)

I have a bunch of snails, emerald crab, and hermit crab and I give them a lot of credit for the clean sandbed along with the undertow of the MP10 and the low nutrients in my water. My sandbed hasn't always been this clean but has been extra white with the addition of the carbon reactor.

Are you worried the carbon my pull too much "good stuff" from the water? I run carbon in my sump but I was told to keep the amount of carbon small, I have maybe 40mL carbon in my 20G. What are your thoughts. Cool tank BTW.

teamschreiba
Love this tank!!! Surely one of the top tanks here on NR.

Thanks Spirofucci, that really means a lot!! :happy:

Are you worried the carbon my pull too much "good stuff" from the water? I run carbon in my sump but I was told to keep the amount of carbon small, I have maybe 40mL carbon in my 20G. What are your thoughts. Cool tank BTW.

I actually had that exact problem when I started using carbon. I'm pretty sure using too much caused the death of my orange monti along with a few other SPS. When I change the carbon now I use a very very small amount, so little that it looks like the reactor is empty :P And I find that I only change it when I notice some brown spots on the sandbed. I hope this helps and thanks!!

teamschreiba

Since my xenia is now in the front of the tank I found it's a lot easier to take shots of my clownfish so here's a pretty good one I got today :happy:

6980403154_f44e5ec019_z.jpg

teamschreiba
Beautiful shot ts!

Thanks hype!

nice. very nice. ;)

i need to get some new glass to take some nice shots.

Thanks Jr! And yeah having some nice glass never hurts ;)

This was actually taken with my Canon 50mm macro which is a relatively inexpensive lens.

teamschreiba

My red planet looking better than ever. The green in the base is starting to come out a little more too.

7137176783_4862d02545_z.jpg

iball1804
My red planet looking better than ever. The green in the base is starting to come out a little more too.

7137176783_4862d02545_z.jpg

NEW BACKGROUND! omgomgomg

teamschreiba
Nice! Really making it hard not building a 60f lol

Thanks Jr! And you know you want to ;)

NEW BACKGROUND! omgomgomg

Haha thanks again iball!!

Thanks Jr! And you know you want to ;)

i was brain storming all day at work. haha

wanna take some pics of inside the cabinet? kinda wanna copy somewhat what you did.

teamschreiba
i was brain storming all day at work. haha

wanna take some pics of inside the cabinet? kinda wanna copy somewhat what you did.

I tend to find myself doing that too haha.

And I actually just have a stand not a cabinet. It's an ikea stand with the sump just on the floor behind it.

red planet is looking nice!

Thanks marcelo!

teamschreiba

So I added two more types of zoas to my collection today. I'm up to:

Candy Apple Reds

Purple Hornet (variant)

Rasta's

Fruit Loops

Miami Hurricane zoas

Radioactive Dragoneyes

Pretty much the front left corner of the tank is going to be zoas :happy:

teamschreiba
Nice. Can't wait to see some pics. Did you get them locally?

Here ya go!

7154676524_0b047ceaa8_z.jpg

And yeah I got these rasta's and the fruit loops in the background from the member 21093r53 here on N-R and the candy apple reds and purple hornet variants from Blue Ribbon Koi.

Archived