Cultivated Reef

Schreiba's ADA 60-F

teamschreiba

Hey! nice tank.

question: how do you feel about that eheim pump as your return? can your overflow restart?

got myself a mame overflow as well and still deciding which pump would good.

i will be using a 10-20 gallon SUMP for my 60-f

would you change your mind and decide to use to eheim 1250 instead? or keep your 1048?

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
teamschreiba
Hey! nice tank.

question: how do you feel about that eheim pump as your return? can your overflow restart?

got myself a mame overflow as well and still deciding which pump would good.

i will be using a 10-20 gallon SUMP for my 60-f

would you change your mind and decide to use to eheim 1250 instead? or keep your 1048?

Thanks! My eheim pump does restart the overflow everytime and my sump is about that same size. Unless you're going to have your sump really far underneath the 60-f I think the 1048 is plenty. I get most of my waterflow from the MP10 anyway so I would stick with the 1048.

Thanks so much.. I will still figure out my stand and decide between the two.

How far is your return pump to the overflow?

And which size clear vinyl tubing did you use for the return and inlet

I appareciate you answering my questions

teamschreiba
Thanks so much.. I will still figure out my stand and decide between the two.

How far is your return pump to the overflow?

And which size clear vinyl tubing did you use for the return and inlet

I appareciate you answering my questions

Yeah no problem! My distance is ~3ft and the return tubing is 1/2" and the inlet tubing is 1".

teamschreiba
You da best! Haha ! If you ever come to Los Angeles! I got the first round of shots or beer :P

Sounds good! Let me know if you need help with anything else

Sounds good! Let me know if you need help with anything else

The overflow is still new in the box, gonna install later today. Shouldn't be too hard since they have pictures haha plus my girlfriend is Japanese so she can read it for me.

By the way you need a silent cover? Got a spare one

I'll let you know if I need help with anything else tho.. Glad to know someone has the same setup as me.. Ima go full spectrum Led tho.

teamschreiba
The overflow is still new in the box, gonna install later today. Shouldn't be too hard since they have pictures haha plus my girlfriend is Japanese so she can read it for me.

By the way you need a silent cover? Got a spare one

I'll let you know if I need help with anything else tho.. Glad to know someone has the same setup as me.. Ima go full spectrum Led tho.

You're a pretty lucky guy! I just tried to figure out the assembly from the pictures :P And you mean like the MAME silencer? Because that would be awesome since I'm just using the pill bottle gasket DIY thing right now.

I'll be interested to see how you do with LED's too because it seems like some people have great success and it is just marginal for others.

You're a pretty lucky guy! I just tried to figure out the assembly from the pictures :P And you mean like the MAME silencer? Because that would be awesome since I'm just using the pill bottle gasket DIY thing right now.

I'll be interested to see how you do with LED's too because it seems like some people have great success and it is just marginal for others.

i would go T5 and MH but dont wanna waste energy on it.. i think its time to move onto newer technology and pray LEDs will truly take over lol..

MAME SILENCER :D

93b2e47f.jpg

teamschreiba
i would go T5 and MH but dont wanna waste energy on it.. i think its time to move onto newer technology and pray LEDs will truly take over lol..

MAME SILENCER :D

93b2e47f.jpg

Awesome! Mine doesn't seem to make as much noise as when I first set it up but I could just be used to it. And that would look a lot nicer than what I'm using now :happy:

teamschreiba

Well the rock break-up is complete...

Nothing seems to be overly stressed out although some corals obviously aren't very happy. I'm just giving the tank some time to settle and then I'm going to redo the scape and start gluing some corals down :happy:

.. i think its time to move onto newer technology and pray LEDs will truly take over lol..

lol where have you been? the future is here

teamschreiba
lol where have you been? the future is here

Yeah you got a point there. There's tons of LED fixtures now. When I started reefing it was pretty much PAR bulbs and DIY kits.

teamschreiba

In other news, I did a lot more rescaping today which looks pretty different. I still need to make a few tweaks to get it exactly how I want it but it seems to be coming together really well :happy: It's a lot more shallow friendly scape with how I originally envisioned my tank.

I also noticed this weekend that my tank was having some larger than expected temperature swings between the night and day. I'm not sure if it's because my heater isn't powerful enough, isn't set correctly, or because of the heat from the halides but I decided it was finally time to order a controller. So I have a Nepture Apex on the way :happydance:

teamschreiba
Love the new look.

Thanks Jay!

forget what I said before

new scape is awesome

Haha thanks marcelo! I figured it would be better ;)

Archived