Innovative Marine Aquariums

My rock background.

Coralkeeper

Just thought I'd share a picture of my rock background that I finished not too long ago for my 28 gallon nano. All rocks were zip tied to the egg crate and all the nooks and crannies were filled with epoxy and silicone. The PVC tubing is for an Eel. :D There will be a total of 5 feet of tubing if you take it apart and line it up. Here are several pictures. Tell me what you think!

98yav8.jpg

of0wo7.jpg

2mh7mo2.jpg

24mx2dx.jpg

104gfgp.jpg

x1c3l4.jpg

2f0d56x.jpg

294iefr.jpg

Well, there is 5 feet of PVC tubing total in the nano tank. I used 6 sticks of epoxy, 4 tubes of silicone, and about 10 or so lb of live rock. The background weighed a total of 14 lb in the end, that's with epoxy, silicone, PVC, live rock and such. 4 tubes of silicone cost $5 a tube, epoxy was $6 a stick and live rock can be found at about $2 lb, so, total was about $76 not including PVC and egg crate. I'll take a FTS of the nano once the water clears up a bit. Water is still cloudy.

So the eel will really just hang out in that piping ?

Yup.

The background is in the tank, I made a mistake by putting the rock background into my established nano without letting it cure in a separate tank, had to unload all my corals to a friend of mine who will hold it until my tank gets better. lol

If this works and the eel moves in i am going to be so impressed lol

lol Thanks! :P

so what kind of eel are u going to put in there, btw that backgeound is real creative

Secret. :P A LFS is holding it for me until the tank gets better. Already paid half for the Eel so they can keep on holding it for me. :D

Word... This thing is going to be awesome!

I'll try to take a FTS tomorrow, but let me warn you all, it aint pretty yet. lol

Here is a FTS. I'm honestly really embarrassed to post a FTS as I've got a algae/bacteria bloom from the background. So, bare with me. lol

kb6tkz.jpg

Archived