ReefCleaners.org

Nemesis Pico 1.5 Gallon DIY - Tankcastrophy - sprung a leaker.

Sunstar

Moar pics :3

I dared to try my DIY gravity fed ATO, my initial drops were too slow to counter the evap, current is roughly a drop a second, so seems to be working. kinda scary that much evap happening....

IMG_7818.jpg

The Setup hanging off a nice little stand thing meant for my dremel.

I will go with RO water at some point.

IMG_7819.jpg

What it looks like under the hood. I want to see the water fall into the tank for the time being.

IMG_7821.jpg

IMG_7820.jpg

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply
IMG_7807.jpg

That shroom is awesome! I have one that looks the same, and look at it every day. Gotta love spotted shrooms... :D

~Blackbird

(aka "somewhat obsessive shroom collector" ;))

Sweet! I wish I ever had that kind of luck. All that ever tries to hitchhike it's way into my tank are pests... :rolleyes:

I get those tooo.

Crazily complex animals.. mantis shrimp are. I would like to simplify it a bit more so I can create a cartoon character.... really not anything to do with my nano reef, but I felt it was fun to do.

mantis.jpg

I need to tweek it still. issues are there.

I did isolate one reason I am losing water and had to lower the level in the tank a bit. it was wicking via the filter over the back.

IMG_7831.jpg

current FTS. Rock is getting quite red. Not Cyano. it won't brush off.

my cauptras are starting to adjust and grow new leaves <3 I am quite happy.

I also lowered the water level and added some electrical tape as a false rim. If you look at the black paint on the back, you will see how the wicking water damaged it. I will have to fix that sometime soon. Dodgy having to paint a tank that is already running, but I'll risk it in feb.

So far things are looking good. waterlevel is pretty stable. Just top off the ATO setup As long as I can get 2 days running with it, I might be able to go out for a weekend.

Oh what is up with that hammer coral? One side gets perky then the other side goes flumpy, then it exchanges.

Wilioli: I get a lot of my corals in trades. Actually....I think aside of three corals, I bought all of my corals off other reefers in teh GTA area. There is Oakville Reef Gallery that has some stuff. Actually a huge selection.

the rock has been in water for a little over a month now and it's taking the grow of coraline rapidly. I am pleased! I can't wait for more floofy feather cauluptra to take over the foreground. The calcium and stronium addition has been good for it, I belive. and my waterchanges.

I'll get pics of it later. when things perk up. Exausted mindlessly right now.

Edit:

New nem, as best as I can get it. the other one went and hid behind a rock: Crossposted in nem thread.

IMG_7832.jpg

Pink one is my current beauty. the new one is the green and tan thing. Hardly see it, but it's lovely all the same.

IMG_7836.jpg

Pink one is darkening as time goes on.

Edit:

At feeding time for the nems and candy cane coral, miss nassarious poked her little snout up and BOY did she move. I see why these are valuable cleanup crew.

IMG_7841.jpg

She's eating brine shrimp that didn't get to where it was supposed to go.

List of what I think is in here.... By that I mean, has it slipped behind the rocks? I know a few things are back behind there and considering my CUC has decided to reorganise my rock structure, I think I may have to use putty and glue to get it where I want it.. BAH! Crazy animals.

CUC:

2 Blue legged Hermits

1 Nassarius snail

1 Black turbo (likely margarita)

2x Seafood department periwinkles (they have been doing quite well for the 3 months I had them. and the nem nano is the cooler tank too.)

Macro Algae

Caulaptra Prolifera

Caulerpa lentillifera

Caulerpa Serrulata

Caulerpa Taxifolia

Halimeda

Unknown red Macros X 2

Hookweed is... Somewhere. I hope...

Coral:

Unknown SPS

Candy Cane Coral Green

Branching Hammer Coral

Chalice Coral

Pulsating Xenia

Powder blue Anthelia

Zoas

Button Palys(?)

Green Star Polyps

Kenya Tree

Red Mushroom coral purple dots

Mini Mini Carpet Anemones x 3

Mini Maxi Carpet Anemones

I am looking forward to it hopefully starting to fill out.

So I arranged it again, and it was down within hours. I don't understand their love of harassing my rockwork. Anyway it's puttied. One SPS sister frag of the current one has been glued to the rockwork. I may move it at some later date if the hermits don't decide within the next few hours is a perfect time.

Tried to glue a rock with poweder blue anthelia to the back wall to convince it to grow up the glass. Again providing the hermits don't decide that a redecoration is in their favour.

I added a timer to the moonlights finally. So moonightls come on at around 6am and turn off at 12am. I leave them on through out the day. Things look pretty good all in all. Just would like to get it growing already. I think 6 monthsis not enough for a nano salt water tank. I think a year is best for salties in regards to the contest. things are slow to get going that is for sure.

Thank you. I am hoping for more colour and texture as this tank matures. I feel my biggest challenge will come summer when my appartment really heats up. If I have a job by then, I may consider getting a small AC unit for the bedroom just to keep the tank cooler. I wish to have more macro algaes growing. I love macros.

I realised my nickname for the tank "Nem, Nano" sort of hints to it's direction. I have a few small carpet nems, mostly mini mini's but a couple mini maxi's. I want to get more for my 10 gallon and definately more for my 25 gallon when that starts up.

I would like to get more zoas but right now being jobless makes getting some of the beautiful delights hard. Fortunately I live in an area with a good group of reefers that we tend to trade and sell to each other at an affordable price. I get to meet new and interesting people this way.

Archived