inTank Media Baskets

PJ's Sexy Shrimp Breeding Thread

pj86

pj86, you just successfully completed the full breeding cycle of Thor amboinensis. What are you going to do next? :]

lol, I might begin the culturing of flatworms. You know what that means....Blue velvet nudibranch project on the way!

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quick little update. So I counted 10-11 sexy shrimp. I have named them "los bandoleros", translates to "the bandits." I have grown quite attached to them but am not to certain if I'm going to keep the all. I will take pics and a video this weekend of them and their evil ways.

Updated video. I will clean the bottom of the tank tonight, just had to get an video of them being so close together.

• 10 months later...

Today I decided to rear a second generation marine cultured sexy shrimps. This batched came from the original larva I had raised.

Will also document their settlement.

thanks altolamprologus, sadly the pom poms didnt make it, wasnt ready for them on time and was gone for the weekend. These hopefully will have more luck.

altolamprologus
thanks altolamprologus, sadly the pom poms didnt make it, wasnt ready for them on time and was gone for the weekend. These hopefully will have more luck.

That sucks :( It would be cool to see some tiny little pom poms. It's great you got the sexies to settle though. Keep raising them, we need more captive bred species on the market

Not sure, like 100 or so. I transferred the 2 females right before the spawning to the rearing tank. I had noticed they were seeking the highest point and I knew that they were going to spawn.

Builder Anthony

wow ........they must be fun to wacth.i had some mysis shrimp one time i liked there small size.noen goby ate them i think once he passes i hope to have somemore.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Been really busy with med school, and neglected the shrimps. Only one survived with erratic feeding and water changes. Here is a current picture, along side a dime for comparison in size

DSC09059_crop.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
ShrimpyPooh

great thread. 2 of my sexy shrimps have eggs i noticed sunday. im debating when to put them into my rearing tank, i dont want them to hatch in my reg tank. im scared the eggs might be duds though. ive heard that they can have eggs but no babies in them?, is this true?

Archived