Coral Vue Hydros

Jgpicos Pico

jgpico

The levels are fine I was just wondering because it couldn't hurt to use a tiny tiny bit of kalk in the top off but what I'm doing now is working. I have to keep an eye on it now since I got the second clam though.

If the levels are fine, I'm always one to not "rock the boat". Watch your levels. If the second clam results in a dip, see if a larger water change fixes it first. IMO, some tanks are too small to mess about with dosing.

L

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah I was nervous when I first started dosing nano code A & B in my tank but it has been doing well so I guess I wont mess with it unless it is needed.

quick pic of the plate coral that has been in my tank since the beginning. Also in the background is the sympodium and the blasto coral that I have been nursing back to health. Not the best pic but you get the idea.

c86ae039.jpg

Is this the plate coral that got shredded?

It looks better. :)

PS: did a huge Biocube update. :D

No this plate coral never got shredded. I was saying not too long ago that it wasn't looking too happy in this tank but now it seems to be doing great. I'll go check out your thread right now.

No this plate coral never got shredded. I was saying not too long ago that it wasn't looking too happy in this tank but now it seems to be doing great. I'll go check out your thread right now.

Sometimes that happens. Glad it's doing better. Your picotope is so pretty. :) It's like Newman's, makes me smile whenever I see it.

L

Sometimes that happens. Glad it's doing better. Your picotope is so pretty. :) It's like Newman's, makes me smile whenever I see it.

L

wow really? Thats the best comment ive had on this tank in a long time...thank you! I absolutely love your biocube as well. Makes me jealous!

nice stuff. a new clam and the fungia is doing better? its an orange fungia right? that last pic doesnt show the orange too well, but i get the idea. you have so many animals in this tank lol! very diverse. how is your first maxima doing, still in here?

nice stuff. a new clam and the fungia is doing better? its an orange fungia right? that last pic doesnt show the orange too well, but i get the idea. you have so many animals in this tank lol! very diverse. how is your first maxima doing, still in here?

Yup I got another clam. It was such an amazing deal that I couldnt pass it up. The other maxima is still in the tank and it has been doing great. I still check it everynight to make sure there is no more pyramid snails. My pics never do any of my stuff justice. I keep saying im getting a better camera but that money always ends up going towards stuff for my new house instead. I have always liked the looks of a very diverse reef system so thats what I went for with this tank. The problem nos is that I am out of room and my sandbed is littered with frags on plugs and I'm not happy with how it looks. Not natural at all so I am busting my ass to get my 120 set up so I can transfer certain things out of this tank.

you just need to select a few corals and start growing larger colonies to fill in room in this pico. then it will star looking natural. a large colony or two will really make it look right imo. I wish i could do that in my pico, but i have too much going on already haha, the zoas are already everywhere.

For a camera, you could just buy an old cheap one like i recently bought. I bought a camera for myself - another nikon coolpix4600. it was only $20.00 shipped and I know how to use it since I've been using one all this time - my parent's 4600. so now i have my own cheap camera that does decent work in showing different colors in my tank. the best thing i like about it is the custom white balance feature which really helps!

I already have some larger colonys of stuff but they arent exactly the stuff I want large colonies of lol. I really wish I would get a larger acan colony going. Im going to have to try spot feeding my acans to see if that makes them grow a little faster.

I will have to look for that model camera somewhere because you take some great pictures.

I already have some larger colonys of stuff but they arent exactly the stuff I want large colonies of lol. I really wish I would get a larger acan colony going. Im going to have to try spot feeding my acans to see if that makes them grow a little faster.

I will have to look for that model camera somewhere because you take some great pictures.

I do this & I already see new little heads. And goodness! My Duncan went from 4 heads to 12! YIKES!! Duncan on steroids!

L

I found a zoa eating nudibranch in my tank this morning WTF!!!! I don't even know how it got in the tank. I look at my tank everyday and I haven't seen anything until this morning. I dip all my frags and they all come from the same place. This is blowing my mind. I really don't get where it came from. WTF!!!

I found a zoa eating nudibranch in my tank this morning WTF!!!! I don't even know how it got in the tank. I look at my tank everyday and I haven't seen anything until this morning. I dip all my frags and they all come from the same place. This is blowing my mind. I really don't get where it came from. WTF!!!

Keeeeeeeeel it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Keeeel it dead!!!!!!!!!!!

Keeeeeeeeel it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Keeeel it dead!!!!!!!!!!!

I snatched that thing out of my tank so fast. Luckily it was on one of the frag plugs and not on my rock work. Now I will have to be on zoa eating nudi and pyramid snail watch every night. FML!

I snatched that thing out of my tank so fast. Luckily it was on one of the frag plugs and not on my rock work. Now I will have to be on zoa eating nudi and pyramid snail watch every night. FML!

Just be careful & don't handle or crush the nudi. It eats zoas & palys. You are what you eat. They are toxic. I remove mine with tweezers just in case.

L

Just be careful & don't handle or crush the nudi. It eats zoas & palys. You are what you eat. They are toxic. I remove mine with tweezers just in case.

L

Yeah I was careful and used my tweezers so no worries there. I am just still at a loss of words as to how it actually made its way into the tank.

Yeah I was careful and used my tweezers so no worries there. I am just still at a loss of words as to how it actually made its way into the tank.

They are like cockroaches and can survive anything. I get them on occasion. I want a Pygmy wrasse to eat them.

I woke up this morning and my scoly had one of my zoa frags in its mouth. I have no idea how it even got a hold of it but luckily I was able to grab it before the scoly demolished it.

Quick question...If my tank is getting direct sunlight every morning should I shorten up my light cycle to compensate for the light its getting in the morning?

Your tank is amazing looking!! Brilliant work!

I can't wait to get my pico in just over a week :)

Try snapseed for editing pics on the iPhone :)

Your tank is amazing looking!! Brilliant work!

I can't wait to get my pico in just over a week :)

Try snapseed for editing pics on the iPhone :)

Wow thank you for the compliments I appreciate it. Can't wait to see what you do with your pico and thanks for the suggestion on snapseed. I'll give it a try.

Went in an order from salt critters with a local reefer buddy (psychosis on NR) ang got about 5 frags. This is the first time ordering corals so we will see how it goes. Gets in Friday, I can't wait.

Archived