inTank Media Baskets

Jgpicos Pico

jgpico

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man, that thing I was telling you about...worked out big. $40, and I came home with LA Lakers, Fire and Ice, Eagle eyes, and some purple clove polyps. Dude was cool as all hell, too.

Those are nice, nice zoas. Good find!

I think I may have scored pink flamingos, but I'm not sure. On a sadder note, my Valentines Day Massacre died. I knew it would as the person gave me a rather stingy polyp. My God of War, though, is thriving.

L

Those are nice, nice zoas. Good find!

I think I may have scored pink flamingos, but I'm not sure. On a sadder note, my Valentines Day Massacre died. I knew it would as the person gave me a rather stingy polyp. My God of War, though, is thriving.

L

That really sucks that your vdm polyp melted. I had a 4 head frag of darth mauls (my favorite zoa) melt out of npwhere a while back. I still havent been able to find any since then. Good to hear your armor of gods are doing well, i have always really liked them. When they are ready to frag let me know. Ill have to look up pink flamingos, im not too familiar with them.

Those look a bit like my red people eaters, but no green mouth!

They are definitely lunar eclipse zoas. The skirts are bright orange and the disk is almost black. I had a frag of these a while back that melted. Im hoping this frag does a lot better.

Got a new iPhone 4s and I wanted to compare a picture so you can see the difference in quality. It might just be me but it seems like it takes much better pics.

iPhone

4e92dfcc.jpg

Droid

2012-03-26_21-59-04_439.jpg

Let me know if I'm crazy lol

Ok so looking at the 2 above pictures I have come to the conclusion that the iphone does a better job at making the colors pop. The pics that I took with the droid are closer to true color.

They appear to be exposed differently.

its nothing that I did intentionally. I just got an iphone yesterday and that was the first pic I took with it. I really need to get a program on my computer so I can correct the pics I take.

its nothing that I did intentionally. I just got an iphone yesterday and that was the first pic I took with it. I really need to get a program on my computer so I can correct the pics I take.

Oh I didn't mean to imply that you skewed one to look better, or anything of the sort. It's just the metering maybe picked up on different things and exposed differently. Because of this, it isn't quite comparing apples to apples.

It's very possible the iPhone has a better camera, and it does appear to have less grain to it than the droid photo. Using manual exposure will help a bit, but not as much as having a dedicated camera.

Good luck!

Oh I didn't mean to imply that you skewed one to look better, or anything of the sort. It's just the metering maybe picked up on different things and exposed differently. Because of this, it isn't quite comparing apples to apples.

It's very possible the iPhone has a better camera, and it does appear to have less grain to it than the droid photo. Using manual exposure will help a bit, but not as much as having a dedicated camera.

Good luck!

No I know you weren't implying I was just saying I have no way of messing with the colors. I wish I did, do you have any recommendations for a program to correct colors on these pics. I will eventually have a dedicated camera but until then iPhones the best I got lol.

that doesnt look like a gradis paly, looks like a variety of paly i have. they can grow big but not huge.

and yes i have HEARD that zoas will grow much faster in "polluted", so in overstocked tanks or tanks with a few fish. I think it has more to do with the species of zoas and their genetics. there are varieties that spread very fast - those are the mat-like zoas and palys. other zoas vary. i remember many people said that certain AOG zoas were quick to take over. IMO green bay packers and eagle eyes are good zoas too.

why would you have less clean water?

Well towards the end of the week before I do a water change I have noticed my king Midas zoas look way better than the do after a water change.

that doesnt look like a gradis paly, looks like a variety of paly i have. they can grow big but not huge.

and yes i have HEARD that zoas will grow much faster in "polluted", so in overstocked tanks or tanks with a few fish. I think it has more to do with the species of zoas and their genetics. there are varieties that spread very fast - those are the mat-like zoas and palys. other zoas vary. i remember many people said that certain AOG zoas were quick to take over. IMO green bay packers and eagle eyes are good zoas too.

It's my kind Midas zoas that look great just before a water change and then for the week before the next change they look like crap.

I dunno, my water's clean enough to grow some sps and my zoas seem to have not received the memo. Now, I feed my zoas. That may account for something. People laugh at me for feeding them, but a squirt of some sort of planktonic mix a day isn't a bad thing. If it's got tentacles, they must use them for something!

L

It's the end of the week and tomorrow is water change day and guess what....my king Midas zoas look awesome! I just don't get it lol.

Archived