Squared

Squared

nano reefer

• Members
  • 12,108 posts
  • Joined 13 Feb 2010
  • SoCal

Posted Image

Edited by Squared, 27 June 2012 - 03:09 PM.

forrestp38829

forrestp38829

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 1,241 posts
  • Joined 26 Aug 2005
  • Memphis,TN
Looking good man.
Yes that is def a nassarius snail.

And, Nikon coolpix is a good P&S cam, I am more of a Canon fan though. The canon rebel for the money is prob one of the best simple cameras out there. If you want a tiny one then...casio makes some small ones that are quite good.
There is hopeful symbolism in the fact that flags do not wave in a vacuum

My Feedback.

Squared

Squared

nano reefer

• Members
  • 12,108 posts
  • Joined 13 Feb 2010
  • SoCal
thanks. I'll look up those cameras you mentioned.

From 1st post:

FTSs don't come out to well with my camera, so two HTSs will have to do:
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
Do you see a small snail between the seastar and plastic? Need an ID, but I think it's a nassaurius snail.

Posted Image

Posted Image
Top-off rig

Thanks for looking and if you can recomend a good point-and-shoot camera, please do.

Edited by Squared, 10 January 2011 - 05:08 PM.

Squared

Squared

nano reefer

• Members
  • 12,108 posts
  • Joined 13 Feb 2010
  • SoCal
I was wondering if I could get any moare fish, before the sixline starts getting more aggressive. I would like a blenny, something that could help with algea/sift sand. Any ideas?

animalmaster6

animalmaster6

Moved On

• Members
  • 15,890 posts
  • Joined 29 Nov 2009
Very nice Squared.

As few ideas would be Barnacle Blennies, Tailpsot Blennies, Bimaculatus Blennies, and Lawnmower Blennies are great blennies.

Squared

Squared

nano reefer

• Members
  • 12,108 posts
  • Joined 13 Feb 2010
  • SoCal
My sixline jumped. Aww. *but* he jumped into my fuge, where there is water and a seastar. I found his carcass in here. Water tested out just fine. If the sixline jumped into water, do you think he died of stress? Hunger? A seastar murder?

I am already thinking of other fish to replace him, like a melanuras or flasher wrasse.

BUT I really like the midas blenny. Do you think my tank is well suited for one of these? Could I get a midas and another small wrasse?

animalmaster6

animalmaster6

Moved On

• Members
  • 15,890 posts
  • Joined 29 Nov 2009
Sorry to hear about your Six Line :(

A possum or pygmy wrasse would be great.

I guess a Midas would do fine in a 30 gallon. They get to 5 inches and swim A LOT. They need lots of space.

Coastie

Coastie

I miss that fish.

• Members
  • 2,713 posts
  • Joined 03 Oct 2010
  • Louisville, KY
flasher wrasse in a 29 is not recommended apparently (which saddens me because I want one). Depending on what wrasse you want maybe.

Squared

Squared

nano reefer

• Members
  • 12,108 posts
  • Joined 13 Feb 2010
  • SoCal
I would totaly go for a possum or pygmy, but they're hard to come by and a little pricy. What the pinstripe? Too big? Is it a shrimp eater?

Also If you have any more fish suggestions just throw them out, I would like something colorful and a little out of the ordinary. But it must be shirmp-safe and not too terribly aggressive.

Coastie

Coastie

I miss that fish.

• Members
  • 2,713 posts
  • Joined 03 Oct 2010
  • Louisville, KY
Im looking at getting a chalk bass :D Also I think the golden assesors are a cool alternative to a midas blenny.

Squared

Squared

nano reefer

• Members
  • 12,108 posts
  • Joined 13 Feb 2010
  • SoCal
I think chalk basses are shrimp eaters. Sorry to say, but I don't really like yellow assesors. My LFS had them for some time. They were kind of meh.

Coastie

Coastie

I miss that fish.

• Members
  • 2,713 posts
  • Joined 03 Oct 2010
  • Louisville, KY
http://www.liveaquar...amp;pcatid=1700

The only shrimp they pointed out were anemone shrimp.

I thought the yellow assesors were funny... I like how they hover upside down.

What kind of top off rig is that?

Edited by Coastie, 11 December 2010 - 06:53 PM.

animalmaster6

animalmaster6

Moved On

• Members
  • 15,890 posts
  • Joined 29 Nov 2009
Pinstripe Wrasses are generally pretty reef-safe towards shrimps. I don't know if I would trust one with tiny shrimps though.

How about an Orchid Dottyback? Firefish? Gobies?

Squared

Squared

nano reefer

• Members
  • 12,108 posts
  • Joined 13 Feb 2010
  • SoCal
I'll think about the orchids. And I once saw a pic here of a chalk bass eating a cleaner shrimp. So no. The top rig is a tom aqualifter sitting on an elevated bucket of RO, which pumps water into one of my aquaclears. I turn it on manually to top off and turn it off when it is done.

animalmaster6

animalmaster6

Moved On

• Members
  • 15,890 posts
  • Joined 29 Nov 2009
Definetly don't do a Chalk Bass. They are shrimp eaters.

Coastie

Coastie

I miss that fish.

• Members
  • 2,713 posts
  • Joined 03 Oct 2010
  • Louisville, KY
Ah cool thanks. I'll have to look into a chalk bass again as I was leaning towards getting a blood shrimp.

Squared

Squared

nano reefer

• Members
  • 12,108 posts
  • Joined 13 Feb 2010
  • SoCal
Hows about some kind of dwarf angel? And maybe a rainsford's goby as well? These guys eat algea, correct?

And on another note, now that I have been reminded, can I get a blood red shrimp or cleaner too? Or too much shrimp? I would like someone to clean funguses if my fish should ever get any. Do cleaner gobies clean other gobies too?

animalmaster6

animalmaster6

Moved On

• Members
  • 15,890 posts
  • Joined 29 Nov 2009

Hows about some kind of dwarf angel?

Not in a tank this size. They can be aggressive, non reef-safe, and need lots of swimming room. The only pygmy angel I would put in a tank this size is a Cherub Angelfish and they are very aggressive so that wouldn't work.

And maybe a rainsford's goby as well? These guys eat algea, correct?

You need plenty filamentous algae growth and a very large microfauna population for them to survive. In a tank this smile I wouldn't try one of these gobies. Instead of fish that eat algae just use chitons. THey are algae eating machines. They are pretty cool to watch too.

And on another note, now that I have been reminded, can I get a blood red shrimp or cleaner too? Or too much shrimp?

I don't think it's too much shrimp. If you want tiny shrimps just make sure you feed the Cleaner Shrimp because they are oppurtunistic feeders when it comes to small shrimps. As long as you feed it well it would be alright.

I would like someone to clean funguses if my fish should ever get any. Do cleaner gobies clean other gobies too?

There's only a small chance of a cleaner goby cleaning another goby. It could happen though.

Squared

Squared

nano reefer

• Members
  • 12,108 posts
  • Joined 13 Feb 2010
  • SoCal
Ok then. I don't think I can any really small shrimp any way because of my pistol. But I have decide on the fish I want (sort of): I would like a small wrasse and small blenny in addition to what I have now (would you say I would be within stocking limits with these additions?) So something like a tialspot blenny and a cryptic sixline (if I can find one at a decent price). Or if I can find a pinstripe at a good price maybe just one of those. We'll see.

Edited by Squared, 11 December 2010 - 07:26 PM.

animalmaster6

animalmaster6

Moved On

• Members
  • 15,890 posts
  • Joined 29 Nov 2009

Ok then. I don't think I can any really small shrimp any way because of my pistol. But I have decide on the fish I want (sort of): I would like a small wrasse and small blenny in addition to what I have now (would you say I would be within stocking limits with these additions?) So something like a tialspot blenny and a cryptic sixline (if I can find one at a decent price). Or if I can find a pinstripe at a good price maybe just one of those. We'll see.

Look into Barnacle Blennies. THey are tiny litle blennies and are extremely reef-safe and peaceful. Same with Bimaculatus Blennies.

Your TIger Pistol Shrimp shouldn't harm anything as long as it's not really tiny.

Poodges

Poodges

Jville Reefer

• Members
  • 344 posts
  • Joined 02 Jan 2010
  • Jacksonville, FL
Nice setup...those harlequin shrimp are awesome.

Squared

Squared

nano reefer

• Members
  • 12,108 posts
  • Joined 13 Feb 2010
  • SoCal
Thanks. I really do like my harlequins. Well worth the expense in sea stars.

So would sexy shrimp be ok with what I have? I would love to see some sexies host my euphyllias.

Edited by Squared, 11 December 2010 - 07:42 PM.

animalmaster6

animalmaster6

Moved On

• Members
  • 15,890 posts
  • Joined 29 Nov 2009

Thanks.

So would sexy shrimp be ok with what I have? I would love to see some sexies host my euphyllias.

As long as they aren't too small they will be fine.

Squared

Squared

nano reefer

• Members
  • 12,108 posts
  • Joined 13 Feb 2010
  • SoCal
hmmm...

ry05coupe

ry05coupe

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 2,250 posts
  • Joined 23 Jan 2009
  • Lexington, KY
How are you liking the cardinal? Thinking of adding a few to my tank.

http://www.nano-reef.com/topic/335078-ry05coupes-rimless-92g-36x36x18/