Coral Vue Hydros

AIO trashcan Is Down (~2 years) From Nov 2010 to Dec 2012

NoChikenStrips

NoChikenStrips
nice tank and those eshopps are work horses! I have the psk-75 version and I also get that skimmate every 2 days, my chaeto stopped growing because of this lol.

I agree. My 100h is consuming electricity 24/7 but only foams up a few times a day. Guess I need to feed more.

Great tank!!

I love the simplicity of the set-up.

What is your typical top off/water change schedule like?

Evaporation during the colder winter months are crazy. I was required to top off manually at least half a gallon daily; sometimes more. Top off is much less now with the warmer weather. I am ashamed to say this; I have not performed a water change since January(3 months). Calcium is still around 420, and the rest?; I have no idea.

It has been awhile...

IMG_20120317_184417.jpg

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Builder Anthony

its nice to see the different stuff people collect.i think when people concentrate on one type they realy aquire some nice corals......its probally easier that way because most of the tank would most likely have the same care level.

• 1 month later...
rvcahawaii808

*edit*

sorry went back and read and saw you used the black silicon from petco. how has that been working out for you? ive had bad experiences trying to glue plastic to glass

• 3 weeks later...
NoChikenStrips
*edit*

sorry went back and read and saw you used the black silicon from petco. how has that been working out for you? ive had bad experiences trying to glue plastic to glass

Silicone has held up. Either that, or I have soft girly hands when i am reaching "back there" :lol:

Also...

GSP does kill.

As you can see from the pictures, the purple stuff with green hairs have smothered my small hammerspawn.

IMG_20120418_133055.jpg

IMG_20120418_133127.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I lOve those Acans colonies! Hope mine would grow like those someday. What do you feed them? I have been trying to feed mysis and brine shrimp for the past weeks but I haven't seen any new head of growth yet?

• 2 years later...

Guys, just an update. This tank has been taken down (Dec 2012). Corals/Equipment sold/given away.

Noooo :(. Are you running a tank currently? or did you get out of the hobby?

NoChikenStrips
Noooo :(. Are you running a tank currently? or did you get out of the hobby?

I have been out of the hobby for close to two years. We are both engineering students and the work load was too much. Things are getting more stable now and my wife was the one that suggested we start a bank reef tank. Here is her tank;

http://www.nano-reef.com/topic/352782-the-wifes-baby-not-an-actual-baby/

Archived