Cultivated Reef

ScubaJ's 25g MrAqua Rimless Cube

ScubaJ

Thank you Gabe! I sure hope I keep up with the expectations. I am already 1000 times happier with this 25cube than my 55.

Ill toss a small update in, was waiting a bit longer so I could throw some more into it.

One of my LFS had a small weekend holiday sale and had 25% off livestock. The prices weren't bad so I picked up a few frags and a new Royal Gramma.

Joe The Coral

IMG_1531.jpg

Green Slimer, had a small branch but broke in two pieces trying to get it off the ugly plastic frag plug.

IMG_1534.jpg

Pink Birds Nest, I let them pick which frag and it looks like they picked the most awkward shaped one...

IMG_1535.jpg

Current FTS

IMG_1544.jpg

I moved some of my corals that were in holding in my 40B to my cube. Red Mushrooms, Ring of Fire Zoas, PPE Zoas, ORA Green/Orange Birdsnest, Pink Lemonade Acro, Purple Acro, and added a small island for some GSP. Most of which are not shown in this FTS... haven't loaded the new ones as I have been playing with different cameras.

My QT tank is not set up yet and hoping to have that done over the weekend. All I did was dip the corals and watch the fish intensely for any signs of health problems and everything looks great. Hopefully it doesn't bite me in the ass but everything is open and happy.

Thanks guys.

I have already noticed an improvement on the corals that were being housed in my 40B (FNI 4x39w T5HO) to this small LED unit, both SPS and even mushrooms. I will get some pics up soon, been hella busy as Christmas is right around the corner.

Everything is still looking healthy. My only complaint is battling some micro bubbles some how getting into the main tank. There is no bubbles getting into my return chamber so I am having difficulty locating the source.

Parameters as of Friday...

Ammonia, Nitrates, Nitrites, Phosphates - All 0

Calcium - 420

dKH - 7

PH - 8.0

Since I have nothing really new to update with pic wise, Ill toss some of my diving photos. Updates are worthless without pics. All were taken with various point and shoots in underwater housings, nothing fancy or expensive, not even a strobe. Diving is what lead me into this hobby, I will post my tribute to diving on any pictureless updates.

"Caribbean" Lion Fish, a few years ago I would of denied the possibility. The numbers I saw from a single trip on remote reefs... No matter how many tournaments are held, they are here to stay. DON'T RELEASE YOUR FISH!

lion4.jpg

Green Moray surrounded by dendros.

IMG_6121.jpg

Caribbean Bubble Tip

anemonie1.jpg

Archived