Pod Your Reef

Hypes Archipelago

Rehype

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
what camera and optic did you use for that macro shot??

how far is it from the glass..

canon 60D and canon 100mm IS macro. About 6 inches

Looking good hype!

Thanks dave!Long time no see...about time to update your thread ;)

BTW It was really cool seeing the piece mr.saltwater coral did on nanbox at reefstock.

Thanks man! I am slaving away. Maybe in the future you could try another unit out if you set another tank up. ;) I'll have the new one out here VERY shortly ( internal everything, one power cord, ect ).

I'll update the thread here shortly. Between Nano Box, my full time job and wedding planning I have been insane and the tank is on auto pilot. Just wait until you see the next FTS!

-Dave

Thanks man! I am slaving away. Maybe in the future you could try another unit out if you set another tank up. ;) I'll have the new one out here VERY shortly ( internal everything, one power cord, ect ).

I'll update the thread here shortly. Between Nano Box, my full time job and wedding planning I have been insane and the tank is on auto pilot. Just wait until you see the next FTS!

-Dave

If i start up another ill definitely let you know ;) Out of the million LED units flooding the market right now yours is definitely in the top 3 IMO

Im glad nanobox is doing so well and look forward to seeing the updates.

:P

6936726127_43a8e4fb63_z.jpg

That's an awesome shot man. I have an SLR digital camera but my pics are not that great. It seems that using a macro lens makes a big difference because your shoots are wicked!

That's an awesome shot man. I have an SLR digital camera but my pics are not that great. It seems that using a macro lens makes a big difference because your shoots are wicked!

Thanks alot timber...the lens,technique and lighting all contribute to getting a good shot

Do you run GAC?

Yep. I change it biweekly.

Thanks alot timber...the lens,technique and lighting all contribute to getting a good shot

Yep. I change it biweekly.

I'm thinking of running GAC and GFO. What reactors are you using and how do you have them arranged pump wise?

I'm thinking of running GAC and GFO. What reactors are you using and how do you have them arranged pump wise?

Im just using an AC30. I keep a small bag of GAC and GFO in it.It also servers as a mini algae turf scrubber.

Screen saver approved. :P

:lol:

Hi Eugene I was thinking more about the protein skimmer being off line. Have you tested your PH after yours has been off? Any difference? Do you dose anything to keep PH at whatever level you want it at or it has naturally been at that level?

Thanks

Hi Eugene I was thinking more about the protein skimmer being off line. Have you tested your PH after yours has been off? Any difference? Do you dose anything to keep PH at whatever level you want it at or it has naturally been at that level?

Thanks

Hey kat i havent noticed any significant difference in my PH since taking the skimmer offline. My PH is constantly monitored by my Apex controller and i dont supplement anything for PH.

Heres the readings from yesterday...

photo-1.png

Hey kat i havent noticed any significant difference in my PH since taking the skimmer offline. My PH is constantly monitored by my Apex controller and i dont supplement anything for PH.

Heres the readings from yesterday...

Thanks. Apex logs historical data too right? So would you say the PH (even insignificantly) dropped after the skimmer went offline or stayed constant on average?

Thanks. Apex logs historical data too right? So would you say the PH (even insignificantly) dropped after the skimmer went offline or stayed constant on average?

Np. Yes it does i checked some PH readings from the end of the last month(when the skimmer was still online) and they're practically identical.

Deleted User 4

Hey eugene, so I am just curious, do you still use your seneye product? how does it work and is it worth the price? Does it work well?

Hey eugene, so I am just curious, do you still use your seneye product? how does it work and is it worth the price? Does it work well?

Yep....pretty much just for PAR readings. Heres the review i put up a while back...

photo-1.png

Looks like you have some really noticeable swings in your pH and temp. Mine swings from 7.92/8.32pH and 78.2/80F on temp in 24hrs.

Hey buddy, I'll get some micro brittles in the mail next week. I'm on the road right now. Musicians life.

Thanks alot bud.

Looks like you have some really noticeable swings in your pH and temp. Mine swings from 7.92/8.32pH and 78.2/80F on temp in 24hrs.

Yea i had my chiller programmed incorrectly...It was set to go on 2.5 degrees past the set temp. Im still not sure why my PH drops so low at night i might change my algae to reverse cycle to help compensate.

interesting, I figured you woulda had your algae on reverse cycle...it should help some...have you noticed your ph swings further without the skimmer running? just curious

Archived