Coral Vue Hydros

Hypes Archipelago

Rehype

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
chucktdbm321

I miss those colors i too use to have my sps before i got sucked with these leds lol. Definitely should've listened to the whole if its not broken don't fix it... But yea your colors look great. I think a lot of people really look up to your tank and would listen to whatever you say so its nice to see someone still reppin for the t5's. Keep it us updated with the all the pics they're great!

Since we are on the topic of T5's do you think the tek wave T5 vho fixture will be sufficient enough for my 120? Not sure if ou are familiar with that fixture but it's 4 bulbs at 95 watts a piece.

If you want any, I can send you a handful of macro, they seem to be great detrivores.

Thanks pat ill definitely take as many off your hands as possible Send me a pm with the details

I miss those colors i too use to have my sps before i got sucked with these leds lol. Definitely should've listened to the whole if its not broken don't fix it... But yea your colors look great. I think a lot of people really look up to your tank and would listen to whatever you say so its nice to see someone still reppin for the t5's. Keep it us updated with the all the pics they're great!

I know how you feel....LED's were an itch i just had to scratch but now that ive tried them (for the second time)i know what gives me the best results. In the end every system is different and every reefer has their preferences and most times its best to stick with what works best for your tank and its inhabitants. In my case T5's have given me the best overall coloration,growth and aesthetics.

Thanks again chuck

One more full FTS

6922929298_c4a9c94c5c_c.jpg

Since we are on the topic of T5's do you think the tek wave T5 vho fixture will be sufficient enough for my 120? Not sure if ou are familiar with that fixture but it's 4 bulbs at 95 watts a piece.

It will definitely give you enough light.. the only drawback is the limited VHO bulb selection.

It will definitely give you enough light.. the only drawback is the limited VHO bulb selection.

That is what I was thinking as well. What fixture would you recommend as far as affordable T5 lights go? sorry to high jack. I Just never get any answers when I post in the lighting forums and you always give great advice.

That is what I was thinking as well. What fixture would you recommend as far as affordable T5 lights go? sorry to high jack. I Just never get any answers when I post in the lighting forums and you always give great advice.

Sure no problem bud...always here to help.These are probably the cheapest especially if you could find them used...post a WTB on RC someone probably has one laying around or planning to "upgrade" to LED's.

6922929298_c4a9c94c5c_c.jpg

The colors are just ridiculously amazing.....lol. The fixture that I have lying around is a 24" 5 Bulb Aquactinics. I am not sure this fixture would spread the light evenly all over the tank. I have a semi-cube tank that's 24" x 24" x 17" and I am afraid that I would need a 6 bulb fixture if not an 8 bulb fixture because I have corals all over the tank and the light spread would not be enough......I think....

Thanks pat I only have a few micro brittles but I have an ungodly amount of amphipods.

More seahorse food!

Not to discredit LEDs as most of my coral looked good but particularly certain sps pieces weren't as vibrant and didn't exhibit the same coloration. I have a few wild pieces that colored up immediately(within 3-4 days in some cases) My coral also grew noticeably faster within a much shorter time frame...particularly the SPS.

^^ this as also witnessed by my miracle MAX T5s

The colors are just ridiculously amazing.....lol. The fixture that I have lying around is a 24" 5 Bulb Aquactinics. I am not sure this fixture would spread the light evenly all over the tank. I have a semi-cube tank that's 24" x 24" x 17" and I am afraid that I would need a 6 bulb fixture if not an 8 bulb fixture because I have corals all over the tank and the light spread would not be enough......I think....

Thanks timber. With an ATI or TEK elite fixture you could get away with a 6 Bulb fixture. The spread and PAR distribution are second to none.

More seahorse food!

Definitely...Shes always on the hunt for them.

Thanks timber. With an ATI or TEK elite fixture you could get away with a 6 Bulb fixture. The spread and PAR distribution are second to none.

ATI fixture is not an option for me because I don't want to hang it from the ceiling and the Tek Elite does not come in 24", only 36" and larger :angry: .

The Aquactinics has 5 bulbs, great individual reflectors and has a fan. It's a pretty nice fixture and it's only one bulb less than your ATI. I had this fixture over the Solana and the colors were incredible.

ATI fixture is not an option for me because I don't want to hang it from the ceiling and the Tek Elite does not come in 24", only 36" and larger :angry: .

The Aquactinics has 5 bulbs, great individual reflectors and has a fan. It's a pretty nice fixture and it's only one bulb less than your ATI. I had this fixture over the Solana and the colors were incredible.

oh yea i forgot about that.well you could always use a lamp tree for the ATI but if you have the aquactinics then your good to go. Thats a great fixture one of my fellow reefers had one and his colors were great as well. I would go (3) blue plus and (2)coral plus with that fixture

oh yea i forgot about that.well you could always use a lamp tree for the ATI but if you have the aquactinics then your good to go. Thats a great fixture one of my fellow reefers had one and his colors were great as well. I would go (3) blue plus and (2)coral plus with that fixture

After looking at your Acan garden I decided to order some and I just received them today. 6 different types of Acans, Red War Coral, Dragon Soul Favia and Red/Yellow and Green Favia. They look awesome and they were pretty cheap :P

I might give the Aquactinics a try this weekend to find out if the light spread over the tank is good or not.

After looking at your Acan garden I decided to order some and I just received them today. 6 different types of Acans, Red War Coral, Dragon Soul Favia and Red/Yellow and Green Favia. They look awesome and they were pretty cheap tongue.gif

I might give the Aquactinics a try this weekend to find out if the light spread over the tank is good or not.

Awesome..be sure to post up some pics.

Sounds like a plan to mebiggrin.gif Let me know how they do.

That FTS is amazing. I have to ask about the Monti Cap though.

Thanks man.Unfortunately the cap still looks the same.I havent seen any noticeable improvement.Its seems like the STN finally stopped but it looks really crappy. I guess ill give it some more time and see what happens....

so the only thing your dosing is part b?

Thats correct i only dose for alkalinity.The system doesnt consume enough calcium between water changes to require dosing. (Oceanic saltmix runs really high in the calcium department)

My favorite sps...Acropora hoeksemai

7072642841_0d561aeef8.jpg

6926565040_7806e3c301.jpg

altolamprologus

Oh my. I can see why that's your favorite. The tiny bit of green in each coralite makes it look like they're glowing.

Awesome shots.

Thanks Carrill

Oh my. I can see why that's your favorite. The tiny bit of green in each coralite makes it look like they're glowing.

That bit of green is the icing on the cake but the glacier blue coloration is what really stands out...So much so that even when the tank lights are out and only ambient light is available the corals skin is still an intense violet color :o

where did you get that sump from and how much $ ?

I got it from cadlights although i dont believe they sell the 18 gallon model with those dimensions anymore. You can go to the site and ask eddie the current prices on those models.

havent had a chance to head back to petco but im off tomorrow so ill go and check if I can take a break from all of my yard work lol.

havent had a chance to head back to petco but im off tomorrow so ill go and check if I can take a break from all of my yard work lol.

No worries bro thanks for checking it out for me :D

Archived