Cultivated Reef

Hypes Archipelago

Rehype

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hype - can you recommend a tank builder for me? I'm looking at 48 x 48 x 18inches rimless....I don't think PiCo will do it even though they're work is phenomenal. Maybe a stand builder also lol

Hype - can you recommend a tank builder for me? I'm looking at 48 x 48 x 18inches rimless....I don't think PiCo will do it even though they're work is phenomenal.

Acrylic or glass?

I gotcha - I've talked to coast to coast already - they told me they only build 250gallon and up. These dimensions are 160. I'll try Eddie. Thanks hype

I gotcha - I've talked to coast to coast already - they told me they only build 250gallon and up. These dimensions are 160. I'll try Eddie. Thanks hype

Np check out these guys too when you get a chance i hear they do excellent work as well

Looking good. I read the last couple pages and the first page, so sorry of this is redundant:

Did you ever replace the ATI fixture with the geissman? Wondering how you compare the two.

Looking good. I read the last couple pages and the first page, so sorry of this is redundant:

Did you ever replace the ATI fixture with the geissman? Wondering how you compare the two.

Thanks ben.I replaced the giesemann with a nanobox LED and then replaced the nanobox with the ATI. ATI has given me the best overall coral coloration and growth within a very short amount of time.

Thanks ben.I replaced the giesemann with a nanobox LED and then replaced the nanobox with the ATI. ATI has given me the best overall coral coloration and growth within a very short amount of time.

Haha. Quite the journey. I've got a 6-bulb ATI over my shallow tank too. I always consider trying something else, but feel like I probably just have grass-is-greener syndrome. Are you running the std 4 blue+, purple+ ABS combo? Hpw high above the tank do you have your light?

Sorry for all the questions, if you want me to take it to PM, we can :)

Haha. Quite the journey. I've got a 6-bulb ATI over my shallow tank too. I always consider trying something else, but feel like I probably just have grass-is-greener syndrome. Are you running the std 4 blue+, purple+ ABS combo? Hpw high above the tank do you have your light?

Sorry for all the questions, if you want me to take it to PM, we can :)

Yea i know...lol sometimes you got try different things to see what works best for you. The bulb combo is (3)Blue Plus(1)Coral Plus, (1)Purple Plus and a GE6500k. Theres also (2) XHO reefbrites for actinic supplementation. Right now they're about 6" off the surface

Np.ask away..

Nice shot. Probably my favorite shot of yours. It's got that valley look between islands. This shot really reminded me of:

Nice job

Thanks alot dan. Its quite the complement to be compared to those incredible reefs especially since theyre 25-30X the size of my tank.

Damn I love cubes....lol

me too. :D

Yea i know...lol sometimes you got try different things to see what works best for you. The bulb combo is (3)Blue Plus(1)Coral Plus, (1)Purple Plus and a GE6500k. Theres also (2) XHO reefbrites for actinic supplementation. Right now they're about 6" off the surface

Np.ask away..

I kept trying to work the purple pluw in, but couldn't do it. I thin the GE6500 is probably the difference. It and the purple plus are pretty opposite, which probably helps them balance a little.

I kept trying to work the purple pluw in, but couldn't do it. I thin the GE6500 is probably the difference. It and the purple plus are pretty opposite, which probably helps them balance a little.

I will say the combo needs the reefbrites to balance them out. If it were T5 only i would run:

(4) Blue Plus

(1)GE6500K

(1)Coral plus

What kind of ATI do you have?

24" Dimmable sunpower

I will say the combo needs the reefbrites to balance them out. If it were T5 only i would run:

(4) Blue Plus

(1)GE6500K

(1)Coral plus

24" Dimmable sunpower

I'll have to look up the GE spectrum. I'm running 4xBlue+ and 2xCoral+ currently. Happier than I've been with any other combo. Do you use the dimming on any of the bulbs?

I'll have to look up the GE spectrum. I'm running 4xBlue+ and 2xCoral+ currently. Happier than I've been with any other combo. Do you use the dimming on any of the bulbs?

Here you go.The GE is a full spectrum daylight bulb that encourages growth.

6500K_daylight.jpg

Yep i dim all of the bulbs...they ramp up from 0-100% and then ramp back down towards the end of their light cycle

Hate to beat a dead horse here, but this tank is probably the nicest I've seen on Nano-Reef, or anywhere for that matter. Really good job. I'm still pretty new to the hobby, and seeing pictures like the new ones you just posted... well, inspiring is the only word for them!

Hate to beat a dead horse here, but this tank is probably the nicest I've seen on Nano-Reef, or anywhere for that matter. Really good job. I'm still pretty new to the hobby, and seeing pictures like the new ones you just posted... well, inspiring is the only word for them!

Wow thanks for the complement i appreciate it although there are plenty of tanks out there that put mine to shame.But again thanks for the feedback.

Hey guys i finished testing my dissolved oxygen levels without the skimmer running.

Dissolved oxygen levels with skimmer running=8.6-8.7

Dissolved oxygen levels without skimmer running(last 4 days)=8.2-8.3

Based on these results my worries about oxygenation without the skimmer are totally discredited. While oxygen levels are slightly lower without the skimmer running they never even fall below 8ppm! So in short the skimmer is staying offline and the chamber will be dedicated to more macroalgae. I also decided to run a mini algae scrubber using an AC30. All credit goes to this guy that gave me the idea. Ive used an algae scrubber in the past but it was taking too much space in my sump....this ones dimensions are perfect. Im just waiting for the algae to grow in...should probably take another week or so.

Archived