ReefCleaners.org

Hypes Archipelago

Rehype

damnn $100 is a big steal deal ha, nice pics

Sure was!Even though i had to drive an hour to pick them up it was totally worth it. Thanks man

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do you vacuum your sand or does it actually stay that clean? I have less bio-load than you and my sand looks like a mess. Either way, keep up the good work, sps are looking nice!

altolamprologus
Do you vacuum your sand or does it actually stay that clean? I have less bio-load than you and my sand looks like a mess. Either way, keep up the good work, sps are looking nice!

Yeah how do you keep it that white? My sand is covered in coralline

I find that my sandbed stays pretty clean when i keep my nutrients low but i sometimes vacuum my sandbed when doing weekly maintenance.

Thanks alot man look forward seeing some more updates on your build

Yeah how do you keep it that white? My sand is covered in coralline

It stays pretty white just from keeping my nutrients low....Really?thats pretty cool

altolamprologus
It stays pretty white just from keeping my nutrients low....Really?thats pretty cool

It's annoying, is what it is. My sand looks all dirty, but it's not. Each grain of sand has it's own coating of purple coralline.

altolamprologus
+1K

I always find myself saying the same things about the pics in this thread. Wow, awesome, amazing....This time I decided to shut up and stop annoying Hype with my amazement at the awesomeness that is this tank. Oh, there I go again.

It's annoying, is what it is. My sand looks all dirty, but it's not. Each grain of sand has it's own coating of purple coralline.

Thats definitely a unique problem to have...

+1K

Thanks kat

I always find myself saying the same things about the pics in this thread. Wow, awesome, amazing....This time I decided to shut up and stop annoying Hype with my amazement at the awesomeness that is this tank. Oh, there I go again.

Thanks alot alto i really appreciate it :happy:

altolamprologus
I get tired of seeing my own "wow" "swooon thud" posts on this thread. Doesn't Eugene get tired? :rolleyes:

Nobody gets tired of their own ass being kissed!

I get tired of seeing my own "wow" "swooon thud" posts on this thread. Doesn't Eugene get tired? :rolleyes:

I swear i dont do it for the complements but i really appreciate the feedback.

Nobody gets tired of their own ass being kissed!

Aww cmon guys its not like that

Lol hype does it for the love and seeing something he cares for progress just like everyone I imagine - however as we can see by the fts pictures, his care and skill of coral placement and care has gotten better over time. Anyone with a love for this hobby and a good feeling of shaping the unshapable can get there. Hype you got skills bro - in your care, knowledge and framing up the goods in high quality photography. And I'm sure most feel you are an inspiration. You were for me atleast.

Lol hype does it for the love and seeing something he cares for progress just like everyone I imagine - however as we can see by the fts pictures, his care and skill of coral placement and care has gotten better over time. Anyone with a love for this hobby and a good feeling of shaping the unshapable can get there. Hype you got skills bro - in your care, knowledge and framing up the goods in high quality photography. And I'm sure most feel you are an inspiration. You were for me atleast.

Thanks alot for putting that in perspective deck. Im just another guy who loves the ocean and everything in it. This hobby just lets me indulge in my fascination. Im really appreciative of everyone who contributes to the thread because it makes it worth updating.Without you guys i literally wouldnt have anyone else to obsess about this hobby withgrouphug.gif

what do people say when they see this tank in person? i think this tank deserves totm AGAIN. laugh.gif

Whenever i order food the delivery guys mouth always dropohmy.gif

Thanks alot man i feel the tank has changed quite a bit since totm

and how do you manage to keep the seahorse in a reef?

Well by making sure all of her needs are met...Keep her well fed,moderate flow,peaceful tankmates and things to hitch onto. Shes also a big girl and can handle flow better than other species.

teamschreiba

Those new shots really are great hype. I find it near impossible to take shots that aren't FTS or macro/single coral shots that actually come out well. You really have created an amazingly colorful but still natural looking environment :happy:

And on the note about the sand, I have found the same thing. Since my nutrients have been really low my sand bed has almost kept itself really white and clean.

Those new shots really are great hype. I find it near impossible to take shots that aren't FTS or macro/single coral shots that actually come out well. You really have created an amazingly colorful but still natural looking environment happy.gif

And on the note about the sand, I have found the same thing. Since my nutrients have been really low my sand bed has almost kept itself really white and clean.

Thanks alot ts its definitely come a long way.

I find if my phosphates get any higher than 0.10 ill start to have issues with algae. Although i have to give my cleanup crew some credit as well as they definitely contribute.

Hype you got skillz! Keep them coming!

Thanks D!

:bowdown:

thats all

Ha..thanks man

Hey bro, tank is looking phenomenal honestly. I must admit the zoanthids are my favorite, but the tank as a whole just looks incredible. I pretty much only come on to the site every now and then to check up on your tank haha.

Keep up the incredibly great work dude!

Hey bro, tank is looking phenomenal honestly. I must admit the zoanthids are my favorite, but the tank as a whole just looks incredible. I pretty much only come on to the site every now and then to check up on your tank haha.

Keep up the incredibly great work dude!

Thanks alot bud i really appreciate it. You need to update your thread its been a few weeks ;)

Archived