SaltCritters.com

Hypes Archipelago

Rehype

I'm having great success with macro's as well. Do you have any sump shots?

Not any recent ones Pat. Ill have to shoot some new ones.

nice photos! I saw the biggest school of blue eyes the other day....It made me want a bigger tank so they dont pair off. Makes me think a school of redspot cardinals the way to go for my tank now.

Thanks imisky. I like red spots but i find they are a bit boring to watch. Hows the minidarts?

One day I'll be like hype. Imisky and tron ;P

Dude are you kidding your tank looks great it just needs some more time to mature

lol, we are nothing special:) humans just like you

well my mom thinks im specialsleep.gif j/k

my tank will one day be awesome and full of colorful sticks of love

I literally loledlaugh.gif

That's the way I run my set up, super simple with no fancy equipment. All my corals do great and growth and colors are awesome tongue.gif

Did you remove the skimmer?

I agree your tank looks incredible. I also believe the algae adds vitamins and nutrients back to the water column that the coral are able to absorb. I havent removed the skimmer just yet but im thinking about doing it in the near the future once i add some additional nutrient export.

Im really happy for once my Water parameters have been exactly where i wanted them..

PH has been reaching 8.40 and maintaining during the day

ORP stays at 468

Ah hah! Now that you guys point it out, I see the longer dorsal fin :)

:D

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't care for redspots either when I had them. They are like the most boring tetra ever, and they were also too big for my scape. Did you have good success with the minidarts? I would love a school, but I'm worriedabout keeping them alive.

3783460[/url]']

I didn't care for redspots either when I had them. They are like the most boring tetra ever, and they were also too big for my scape. Did you have good success with the minidarts? I would love a school, but I'm worriedabout keeping them alive.

The minidarts are a cool fish but it's way too much work to keep them fed. Ideally they need to be fed 7-8 times a day. They would do best in a NPS tank where there's some sort of automated feeding system that keeps food in the water column.

The minidarts are a cool fish but it's way too much work to keep them fed. Ideally they need to be fed 7-8 times a day. They would do best in a NPS tank where there's some sort of automated feeding system that keeps food in the water column.

That's pretty much what I've ready. I think that will be my next tank. All NPS and filter feeders.

Dude are you kidding your tank looks great it just needs some more time to mature

Im really happy for once my Water parameters have been exactly where i wanted them..

PH has been reaching 8.40 and maintaining during the day

ORP stays at 468

I know I know...I need some more patience haha

I have been doing alot of reading regarding ORP. And a module for ORP is coming out soon for the Reef Angel. How do you feel measuring this increases your sucess and or knowledge about your parameters? Whats relative?

That's pretty much what I've ready. I think that will be my next tank. All NPS and filter feeders.

That will be really cool especially if you had like 20-30 of them

I know I know...I need some more patience haha

I have been doing alot of reading regarding ORP. And a module for ORP is coming out soon for the Reef Angel. How do you feel measuring this increases your sucess and or knowledge about your parameters? Whats relative?

Well theres alot to understanding ORP but typically oxygenated water has higher ORP.Most healthy aquariums should have a reading anywhere from 300-450. I can tell something is going on if theres a sudden drop in ORP other than the normal reasons(water changes,feeding,PH) I also find i get the highest ORP readings shortly after do tank maintenance (water changes,carbon replacement, clean UV sterilizer)

That is a beautiful acan shot! I wish I even had some! They are hard to come by up here in Oregon for some reason while they are a dime a dozen (ok not quite) in SoCal and at places like Reef-A-Palooza.

That will be really cool especially if you had like 20-30 of them

Well theres alot to understanding ORP but typically oxygenated water has higher ORP.Most healthy aquariums should have a reading anywhere from 300-450. I can tell something is going on if theres a sudden drop in ORP other than the normal reasons(water changes,feeding,PH) I also find i get the highest ORP readings shortly after do tank maintenance (water changes,carbon replacement, clean UV sterilizer)

Do you use an ORP controller or just monitor it? Also how do you feel about UV sterilization? I've considered getting a UV starilizer before, but unsure how it would effect my equilibrium. Sorry for the random questions hype haha

That is a beautiful acan shot! I wish I even had some! They are hard to come by up here in Oregon for some reason while they are a dime a dozen (ok not quite) in SoCal and at places like Reef-A-Palooza.

Thanks beau. They are pretty easy to come by in NJ although i hardly ever come across the rare morphs you find online

I need 3 or so acans to spruce up my garden. It doesn't look the same since I lost the original one. I'm jealous of your garden, hype.

Thanks med for some reason acans have always done really well in my tanks.

Beauty acans!

Thanks Paigee!

Do you use an ORP controller or just monitor it? Also how do you feel about UV sterilization? I've considered getting a UV starilizer before, but unsure how it would effect my equilibrium. Sorry for the random questions hype haha

I just monitor the ORP with my apex. Ive been using UV sterilizers for a while now and wouldnt run a tank without one. Ive read a few articles that suggest a properly installed UV Sterilizer will improve a fish immune system by creating a better Reducing Redox environment in the aquarium in addition to killing potentially dangerous free floating bacteria and viruses. Check out this article...

TheNordCelt

Killer acans. My too single heads purchased 2 years ago have really grown, and been through some serious ups and downs in my tank, but I'd like one or two more for variety. Do you use a look down box?

Killer acans. My too single heads purchased 2 years ago have really grown, and been through some serious ups and downs in my tank, but I'd like one or two more for variety. Do you use a look down box?

Thanks pat. Some of those frags are nearly 2 1/2 years old and they only had 2 heads when i purchased them. They've also made it to through three separate tank builds.

I actually have a look down box but havent used it in quite some time. I usually just turn the pumps off when shooting top downs.

6922298219_c576561c78_z.jpg

She has some nice pom pom's...

You tank is amazing! I have followed (and admired) quietly since almost the beginning but now that I am a member here, I figured I should say something :D

She has some nice pom pom's...

You tank is amazing! I have followed (and admired) quietly since almost the beginning but now that I am a member here, I figured I should say something :D

Its funny because they were really tiny when i first purchased her. I actually thought they werent going to survive because they were in really poor shape but after a few months they've recovered quite nicely.

Thanks so much justin i appreciate you taking the time to follow and check in the thread.Where are you from?(sorry i cant make out the writing in your location)

Its funny because they were really tiny when i first purchased her. I actually thought they werent going to survive because they were in really poor shape but after a few months they've recovered quite nicely.

Thanks so much justin i appreciate you taking the time to follow and check in the thread.Where are you from?(sorry i cant make out the writing in your location)

Vancouver, Canada!

Beautiful Acan garden. I am jealous -_- ....JK

Thanks alot timber

Vancouver, Canada!

Thanks med im slow sometimes

YOU'RE FROM VANCOUVER?! Mind blown! Me too!

Hey paigee he's talking about Justinreef..meds from Cali

Archived