Sorta FTS:

DSC_0001.JPG

DSC_0003.JPG

11/14/2010

FTS:

DSC_0033.JPG

:scarry:

Again I guess....

Thanks Richie, I will make this tank worthy...

more good things to come, but first some cleaning and painting.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Love the shape of them. If I had one for a reef, I would section off almost all the back, make a foam and rock wall, and have nems and clams. As well as gobys.

Love the shape of them. If I had one for a reef, I would section off almost all the back, make a foam and rock wall, and have nems and clams. As well as gobys.

Hmm, an interesting idea. I think that would look really sweet for CW too. I'm going to go with a minimalist scape for the folks. I'll put the GBTA and clowns in here as well as the Rainford's goby. I'm not going to buy anything for this tank. I'm pretty much going to do my tank but larger and minus the SPS and some more macros.

11/14/2010

DSC_0033.JPG

:scarry:

Again I guess....

Thanks Richie, I will make this tank worthy...

more good things to come, but first some cleaning and painting.

I'm sure you will. :)

You are very welcome my friend.

Following along from here ;)

OK I have a few questions. I want to make this system as low maintenance as possible. It is going to be mostly hardy corals (softies and LPS) and lots of macros. I've noticed that such macro tanks do not require WCs at all. In fact my current tank is so low nutrient that SPS even do well.

In any case I'm planning on setting up a reverse lights fuge and sump in a 10g in the stand and an ATO reservoir also located in the sump. The first question is how many holes should I drill? I want to drill a hole that will drain to the sump. I would like to do a DIY acrylic pre-filter box to regulate the water level. I was thinking of drilling an emergency drain above that one, and putting in a float switch to shut off the return pump if both drains clog. I also wanted a third hole for the output of the return pump. Does any one have an opinion on such a set up?

WHAT?! how'd u sneak this in!? lol.. This is awesome omgomgomg hahaha -- sub'd... And I will be having ZERO answers to any of ur questions, i hope you understand and accept that -- just numerous posts such as this. INDEED.

WHAT?! how'd u sneak this in!? lol.. This is awesome omgomgomg hahaha -- sub'd... And I will be having ZERO answers to any of ur questions, i hope you understand and accept that -- just numerous posts such as this. INDEED.

;) Its ok wilioli, I'm just seeing if my ideas make sense.

omgomgomg No wai! Upgrade??

:D I'm setting the tank up for the folks as I'm going away to college so it needs to be pretty well designed. And since it isn't mine, I won't be tempted to blow all my cash on coral for the tank, theoretically...

anyone know where I can get decent float switched cheap? I need 4 and i really don't want to drop 50$ on em.

sweet tank. i was going to get a 72 bow front, but when i saw it, it had rust all over >=O

>:(

Cool another 46 bow :) Following!

:D

link to your thread? I like seeing others tanks and getting ideas.

I felt that this tanks Prequel should be added here. I also put this link in the first post. :D

[...]

:D I'm setting the tank up for the folks as I'm going away to college so it needs to be pretty well designed. And since it isn't mine, I won't be tempted to blow all my cash on coral for the tank, theoretically...

Don't do this. If "the folks" are not into it at all, don't know anything about reef keeping and/or don't have much time for maintenance, this is going to be a disaster. It doesn't matter how self-contained and self-sustaining you design it to be. Trust me, I did exactly the same thing when I went away for college. (As did many others, and their stories are mostly tragic.)

You should set-up one for yourself at your dorm or apartment.

You should set-up one for yourself at your dorm or apartment.

That really isn't an option, I am going to do dart frogs tho in my dorm.

Don't do this. If "the folks" are not into it at all, don't know anything about reef keeping and/or don't have much time for maintenance, this is going to be a disaster. It doesn't matter how self-contained and self-sustaining you design it to be. Trust me, I did exactly the same thing when I went away for college. (As did many others, and their stories are mostly tragic.)

Trust me, I have thought about this, and thats why I'm taking down my current system. Too much can go wrong. Its not that they won't maintain it, they will, or I wouldn't be doing it. I just want to make it so that nothing goes terribly wrong. I want to leave them with the best set up I can. My dad did FW fish when I was younger, SW won't be that big of a leap. Plus my lil sister is pretty psyched about it all too.

I may be closer to you than you think too. I just got into SUNY Geneseo. Thats pretty much in Canada...

I 'already knew this'... phase 236,785 of the plan is now active..

side note: congrats! what did u apply for again?

:haha:

rofl

I applied for chemistry.

Wilioli, are you sure you're not working for the CIA?

lol actually im gonna stop with all this talk -- im 'one of those guys' that gets stopped at the airport all the time, and who the CIA is stalking... So to answer your question (lol) im not working for the CIA.. they are laughing now as they read this... :eek:

lol actually im gonna stop with all this talk -- im 'one of those guys' that gets stopped at the airport all the time, and who the CIA is stalking... So to answer your question (lol) im not working for the CIA.. they are laughing now as they read this... :eek:

hahahaha, I get stopped all the time at airports too. they always search me longer or interview me longer or something like that. I guess they don't like my style lol.

Oh I guess if they're reading this then I better not mention the nuclear fusion reactor i'm working on in the basement..

Archived