Top Shelf Aquatics

Red Sea Max 130D microbubbles, please help

shingo43

Hi.

I have my rsm 130d set up for 2 months, and microbubbles are everywhere since day1. I have InTank media rack and 9002 skimmer, stock pumps, the water level at the first line(very high) but I still have microbubble.

I am thinking to replace the 2 stock pumps with one pump, then put the pump at the bottom of chamber of death, then connect the pump with y adapters to the nozzles, and hopefully that can fix the microbubble problem.

has any one tried similar set up? if yes, will you please let me know what pump you use and what plumbing tools are needed?

Thanks

You will have more resources here:

http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forums/red-sea-max-owners-club/

The pump is a great idea. Also lower your water level a bit the line is the max and it can run fine up to 1/2" below that. It is also pretty common to have microbubbles in a small tank with so much equipment. You can source it out by turning off individual devices.

Thanks StevieT, I actually have a tank journal thread in RS.

I just cannot figure out what caused those bubbles.

mostly the pumps, they are in a terrible position. There is a thread over there about switching the pumps out, it was pretty recent IIRC.

Every other AIO has the pumps at the bottom of the chamber

I tried to find the thread talking about replacing rsm 130 pump and did not find anything, any ideas?

how do you turn the pump 180 degree?

I tried to find the thread talking about replacing rsm 130 pump and did not find anything, any ideas?

how do you turn the pump 180 degree?

I will find it later for you, it has to be 2-5 pages back at the most

You can't ,see above post

BogataTRACKER
:mellow: My bad. I did this with my BioCube 29 and it solved my Microbubble issue.
:huh: You would literally suck air in a RSM if you did this

Archived