Cultivated Reef

Jerzsky's SPS Breeder

jerzsky

well its been some time. i been lurking around here for a few weeks. and decided to give a little update how my 40b has turned out. in my eyes, i cant beleive how much everything has grown! So full of life! everyday i wake up i can see the change!

about a month ago i swapped out the 12k reeflux bulbs for reeflux 10k's and ya the color sucks! but the growth is amazing!!! enjoy all!!!

My lighting : 4x39w t-5 and 2x175w MH

DSC00187.jpg

FTS + right n left

DSC00079.jpg

breeder1.jpg

DSC00164.jpg

DSC00165.jpg

Sump

breeder2.jpg

DSC00185.jpg

BadAss Nac7 skimmer

DSC00184.jpg

gimme one min to upload the goods......

Looks great!

With my tank im going with a more open floor plan this time.

Now i see what you mean about lighting. :D

thank you! ya the lighting is what made it all happen! :lol:

Lookin' good man, sweet lamp coral!!

thanks pal! only you would notice my most expensive coral!! lmao!!!

insert drool here? wow man nice colonies! went from 6 to midnight on a few of them!

thank you thank you! i cant beleive it myself how much everything has grown! almost all those colonies started out as 1" frags....

Tank looks great. How long has it been set up?

thanks socal! its been about 2-3years, with a tank crash in between. which im glad happened cause i wouldnt have what i got now!

thank you! ya the lighting is what made it all happen! :lol:

thanks pal! only you would notice my most expensive coral!! lmao!!!

thank you thank you! i cant beleive it myself how much everything has grown! almost all those colonies started out as 1" frags....

thanks socal! its been about 2-3years, with a tank crash in between. which im glad happened cause i wouldnt have what i got now!

Great looking tank! Definitely an inspiration for my new BC 29 HQI. Keep us posted.

so today, i decide to re-arrange my whole tank...looks kinda the same, but im sure my corals are happy! in the proces i noticed my fiji purple had blown out.... :rant: so guess its time for a new set of bulbs.

i have 10k MH in now, and my growth on my sps is nutz! so i think i may leave them till xmas, before i swap them out. as for the t-5's im thinkin of going this route:

ati blue +

ati purple +

(future 2x175w 20k reeflux)

ati blue plus

ati true actinic

before

breeder1.jpg

after

IMG00016-20101029-1402.jpg

sorry for the crappy pics, i gottttttta get a camera...lol

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

dont mind the crappy video skills, took it on our point n shoot cam. and dont mind the dirty powerheads or aptasia's, i been ubber busy, and havent had much maintenance time.

if you look closely in the visdeo you can spot the mandy pokin its head out thru the rocks, lol....hope yall likes it!

ENJOY!

hoping in the next couple weeks to get some new halide bulbs. since i seem to not have a problem with growth im gonna get 20k's

ok, there comes a time in all of our reefing lives when we get bored of our setups. And for the most of us we usually go to a larger tank. This is not the case in my position.

Since funds for the hobby are pretty low, and the house i live in doesnt really allow for a larger tank. plus i wanna cut down on running costs and possibly create a tank with all the supplies i have always wanted.

so what im asking is, should i sell my 40 breeder? sell off all the supplies, livestockk and all? and strt from new?

i bought myself a 25gallon cube as a christmas present, and didnt realize how much it would just sit on the floor and collect dust.....lol

i need some encouragment! questions, suggestions all appreciated!!

thanks all!!!

mark

danielmparker

i sold my tank, everything, and started over, best thing i ever did, now my new tank has everything i can think of and i did it without the mistakes of my first tank. i couldn't be happier

great tank you have, good luck on your decision

I say keep it.If your bored sell your livestock and do something new.Perhaps a tank specific species fish and or coral,rearrange the scape or what not.To me the 40brdr is a nice size,but a cube would be something different :lol: .Are you really going to be happy with a 25 gallon after the 40??If you can live with that, then go for it, if the cost of maintaining the 40 is to much.

The ultimate decision is yours.

Good luck

Archived