Cultivated Reef

My first 3g Picotope

pj86

• Replies 821
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry if it was already mentioned, but what kind of heater are you using and where is it in the system? The front equipment list doesn't say. Beautiful tank btw!

Thanks pirate20, soloskillz, PinkDamsel

wang949, currently it has no heater, but a small fan hooked up to my apex controls the temp. I like to keep it a little lower than most people, at 77.5 degrees.

When I started I used a theo 25 watt heater for the winter only.

You gonna settle and cue those? Can one obtain the anems on their own? :)

At the moment they are feeding with Artemia. If similar to Porcelain crabs the cue will be achieved through the introduction of adult crabs. What is interesting Pom Pom crabs will share anemones, such as self fragging them. My female craba fragged an anemone for the male, but I wonder how they gain the particular anemone in nature.

They'll frag their own anems?! That's incredible...

I have a happy Pom-Pom in my display. Never thought of getting him a friend before. How do you sex them, or are they hermaphroditic?

BTW, obviously I've never seen it before, so can't say with any degree of certainty, but based on number of days alone, Big Stalks could hopefully settle as early as tonight or tomorrow. {crossing-fingers}

You know, when I first encountered you, I assumed you were a post grad working on your masters. Now I'm wondering if you get paid to do this sort of thing. :)

You know, when I first encountered you, I assumed you were a post grad working on your masters. Now I'm wondering if you get paid to do this sort of thing. :)

Where did you get the par38, and what kind of fixture do you have it in. Where did you get the fixture?

Whys, sadly Im just a crazy med student that spends most of his time studying.

stonepilot, the par38 is a rapidled with 2 LEDs, it is found here new http://www.rapidled.com/7-led-par38-bulb/ , but I bought used one from a member here on nanoreef.

The fixture is a inexpensive 9 foot lamp fixture that I took apart and made it into a 3 foot hang from the ceiling fixture. It can easily be found in walmart, if you need a better pic I can always provide one.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm really interested in the details of your ATO and your autofeeder/doser. I'm looking at making one for my 12g. I see the parts you used... I don't really understand the wine chiller. What are the 4 Tom's for? I only see 1 in your set up. I'd like to have an autofeeder, as well.

Archived