SaltCritters.com

jdl's pico

jdl

pico still doing great. pics will be put up in a few days. ive started working part time @ bass pro shops while in school. part of my job includes doing demos and feedings for our 30,000 gallon freshwater fish only tank. tank has a few too many fish imo, but corp doesnt want to hear it. largemouth bass, bluegill, bowfin, gar (florida and longnose), eels, catfish, tarpon and red drum all inhabit the tank. im trying to work out a deal to take over the maintenance and cleaning, but it may be a conflict of interest. ill post some pics of the pump room and tank after the picos pics. oh yeah the best part about the bass pro tank is i get to fish it whenever i want....no points or barbs on the hooks obviously.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply
oh yeah the best part about the bass pro tank is i get to fish it whenever i want....no points or barbs on the hooks obviously.

how does that work? rounded tips on the hooks?

how does that work? rounded tips on the hooks?

no i have to cut off the point and barb, but i leave a little piece of the bend on. the fish will stay on until they break the surface and throw the fly/lure. ive been training the tarpon, redfish, and bass to eat out of my hand. ill try to get a video of it when i do the next demo.

That's awesome! I always joked about going into a bass pro shop and dressing up in some ridiculous fishing outfit grab a rod and some bait and just go sit down and fish lol. You really get to live out my dream Haha. Your pico is still lookin great. It sucks to hear about your sps. Are you planning on trying it again? I just put a red monti cap in my tank and it seems to be doing great. Congrats on keeping this tank up for this long. Truly an inspiration to us other pico owners. I just made it to 10 months.

pico is now two years old. thank you everyone for your appreciations and criticisms. here are some pics that i took this morning. sad to say my emerald passed away a couple days ago. shrimp, astrea, and hermit are all doing fine.

010.jpg

014.jpg

016.jpg

017.jpg

030-1.jpg

038.jpg

039.jpg

043.jpg

045.jpg

047.jpg

My buddy just started one of these last week. Nice pico. He got the controllable LED bulb from LEDWholesalers (he knows of the bad reviews) So far I think it kinda puts boost bulbs to shame. We will see if it holds up as well as one though. It's controller is badass. It has a ton of dimming and power options. Yours is JBJ Tope right?

2 years, nice! mine's going to be that old in a few months too.

Your sexy shrimp should stop eating zoas and start eating that GSP :lol:

tank looks awesome and i like that GSP cave.

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...

pico has been gone for about 4 months now..... it was a great run, but more important things in my life had been going on. stay tuned for round 2. im cleaning all my equipment as we speak, the new pico 2.0 should be up and running after i get back from vacation in the keys!!

• 4 weeks later...

no more pico 2.0..... a friend of mine gave me his 20 high. it has been running for over six years with a clownfish and blue tang.... dont worry tang police are on the way. im getting rid of the tang and putting it in my buddies 90g reef. ive added 20+ lbs of live rock. small cuc (more will be added soon). for now ive got 3 hob filters for flow and media storage. eventually gonna get rid of filters and add power head, better heater, lighting, etc. ive got several ideas for this tank. this is gonna be the end of the pico thread. look for my new thread in the members tanks forum.

Archived