MedRed's 60 Gal Solana XL: The End of an Era

MedRed

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nice !!! love the new updates you got there

Thank you!

Awesome pictures, Med!

Thank you! they were rushed and unprocessed. I still need lesson!

What an update! Incredible. Glad the Radion is working out well for you!

Thanks Spirofucci! I'm glad they are too!

such a gorgeous tank! beautiful picture. I love the fact that your sand is uncluttered, I hope to get there with my tank(s) soon.

Thanks metrokat. It was a tough decision to add a fungia plate coral to the sand. I didn't want anything on the sand bed at all. So far, so good!

animalmaster6

Looking fantasatic Med! I remember I said when this was first set up that I couldn't wait until the SPS starting growing in... They've started growing in and it's looking awesome!!! omgomgomg

I've loved the way you've gone with this tank from the start and it keeps getting better and better!

I'm likin' the "Tower of Corals"!

The Radions really gives your tank that more natural look, which is what I like! ;)

BTW... Good to hear your BSJF is doing well and is the life of the tank. Makes me miss mine even more! :tears:

Coral Growth:

mjle93.jpg

2jfezro.jpg

wbpcfp.jpg

34o7sow.jpg

213cz.jpg

10qj7dc.jpg

24wc7mc.jpg

14e84ya.jpg

236xe0.jpg

riexvp.jpg

2e1g26g.jpg

I should go back and take some better comparison pics.

I'm likin' the "Tower of Corals"!

The Radions really gives your tank that more natural look, which is what I like! ;)

BTW... Good to hear your BSJF is doing well and is the life of the tank. Makes me miss mine even more! :tears:

I agree on the Radions. Especially now that I use natural mode, the aesthetic is much better than the AI's. I love my BSJ. I'd be more sad to lose him than a candy basslet. He has been in the tank since 01/14 2011.

I'll be spending my night pulling bubble algae and asterinas out of my tank. Fun! I wonder how long I can keep the bubble algae at bay. so far It's not taking over, but I'm pulling it out once a week.

Red....I ad this problem when I tank transfered I started getting bubble algae in the display. I unretired my hob fuge and put all red leds over it...and the bubble algae stays in it..., sump fuge clear of bubble algae and remains clean cheato I just spoon out some nasties from the hob every week during waterchange...just a thought, I got it to start in the fuge by lights out on display and lights on in hob fuge for 2 days

Your tank looks amazing, and your scape reminds me of poseidens trident...so cool

Red....I ad this problem when I tank transfered I started getting bubble algae in the display. I unretired my hob fuge and put all red leds over it...and the bubble algae stays in it..., sump fuge clear of bubble algae and remains clean cheato I just spoon out some nasties from the hob every week during waterchange...just a thought, I got it to start in the fuge by lights out on display and lights on in hob fuge for 2 days

Your tank looks amazing, and your scape reminds me of poseidens trident...so cool

That's an idea for sure. I will check that out if it looks like I'll end up losing the battle. Thanks for the compliment!

i didn't know monti caps got little PE's, till I spotted a couple on the frag I have in my RSM. looking at your picture of it is awesome.

Thanks metrokat!

A video of my Harlequin shrimp pouncing the starfish. After the initial pounce, it's around 8 minutes before more stuff starts to happen. It gets a little out of focus at some point, but I do get things back in focus. I'm adding in music, in the mean time...

P.S. It's hard to believe that Harlequins have no venom. What do they pierce that paralyzes the starfish right away?

Video is private, can't see it. ;)

A video of my Harlequin shrimp pouncing the starfish. After the initial pounce, it's around 8 minutes before more stuff starts to happen. It gets a little out of focus at some point, but I do get things back in focus. I'm adding in music, in the mean time...

P.S. It's hard to believe that Harlequins have no venom. What do they pierce that paralyzes the starfish right away?

Deleted User 4

Yeah, I use to have that shrimp and have seen it pounce through it's inner body to paralyze it... but still don't know how. nice video btw.

Shopping for a new sump. Any Ideas? I need something around 24L x 11W. It would need to accommodate my Skimmer with a 9" x 7" footprint before the baffles as well as an eheim 1262 9"x 5" after the baffles.

If u have problem with your Yumas, you can always send over my way. I can take care them for u. Lol

lol. The ones that exploded are the ugly ones.

They dont pierce the starfish at all. They simply overpower the starfish and flip it on its back Once the starfish is on its back and pinned by the harlequin its unable to grab onto to anything to right itself at which point they began to eat the starfish alive.

They dont pierce the starfish at all. They simply overpower the starfish and flip it on its back Once the starfish is on its back and pinned by the harlequin its unable to grab onto to anything to right itself at which point they began to eat the starfish alive.

Everytime I feed him he runs over and pierces the underside with his "fangs". After that, the star stops moving. You can see the reaction in the video. He gets pierced on the underside, feet retract, harlequin drags him off, even if he isn't flipped.

Archived