Innovative Marine Aquariums

Pyronus' SPS 20H

pyronus

How are you Tim? How is everything?

I'm hanging in there. I've spoken to a few recruiters, one in SC. Since I'm open to relocation, I figure I might as well move south. :P I've been really sick lately and neglecting my tank, I need to do a water change and order some RSCP.

Oh crap! Just saw this. Easy for me to say, but sometimes things like this just open up a better door that you never would have found otherwise. Hang in there bro!

:D Thanks Spiro. I'm certainly hanging in there. I'm certain you are right about opening a better door. Its just been 8 years since I had to interview for anything and that's the most daunting part. Last time I did this I was 23 and single :D

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Last time I did this I was 23 and single :D

And now you are mature, with experience and a proven track record of excellence in the field.

That's my sales pitch, you can use it. :)

Hope you feel better. I have a small bag of Fluval Salt if you want?

• 2 weeks later...

Hey bud. I've been MIA for a while as well and just checking up on the thread. A little late to the show but I'll echo what others have said, sorry to hear about your current job situation. I'll keep my ear to the ground and will definitely let you know if I hear of any opportunities in the Charleston area. Might as well move South and enjoy our mild winters :)

If you want, feel free to e-mail me your resume and I'll share it with some folks I know around here.

-Adam

:D Thanks Spiro. I'm certainly hanging in there. I'm certain you are right about opening a better door. Its just been 8 years since I had to interview for anything and that's the most daunting part. Last time I did this I was 23 and single :D

I know what you mean ... interviews can be very daunting sometimes. I remember one where I had 3 people sitting across from me during an interview, shooting questions at me one after the other ... that was nerve wrecking let me tell you.

Did i get that job: no I did not but I ended up getting a better one with another company ..

Good luck in your searches. Keep at it .. the more you try the better the chances you'll land one faster IME

• 2 weeks later...

So updates, the tank is plodding along, but soon to be taken down. I've taken a new job and I'm moving to South Carolina at the end of November. Yay, but also :'(. Anyone want some coral?

So updates, the tank is plodding along, but soon to be taken down. I've taken a new job and I'm moving to South Carolina at the end of November. Yay, but also :'(. Anyone want some coral?

Setting up a new tank after you make the move I assume?

Probably not for a few months until things settle down, but yes I plan on it eventually.

That's what I figured. Are you planning on upgrading or staying with the 20H? I miss my old 20H.

He's gonna be my neighbor!!! :happydance:

Well, close enough.

Were you gonna sell tank livestock locally or ship?

Cause I'm kinda interested in the flamingo feather macro.

Sorry to hear about your job, I'm sure you can find something soon, especially if you are willing to relocate. Hopefully you will find a job locally and you won't have to tear down your reef. I agree with Kat, you have experience now, that's worth quite a bit.

Good luck, look forward to more updates :)

He's gonna be my neighbor!!! :happydance:

Well, close enough.

Were you gonna sell tank livestock locally or ship?

Cause I'm kinda interested in the flamingo feather macro.

I could easily ship you the flamingo feather now. I really don't want to lose my red planet and my blue tip acro colonies but life is life. I'd rather just leave them in someone else's care for a while and have them ship them to me when I get something new set up but there is little chance of that happening. If nobody wants anything here I'll take the stuff to the LFS and just give it to them.

I was just in Adam's thread and saw you posted about moving...so I scurried over here to say CONGRATS!!!!!! That didn't take very long for you at all!!!!!!

Relocating is never easy, but the excitement of a new beginning is always fun. I wish you the best with the move.

You're giving away the flamingo feather I sent you?????? J/K :happy: Mine is totally gone now. The Blue Ochtodes out-competed it.

I was just in Adam's thread and saw you posted about moving...so I scurried over here to say CONGRATS!!!!!! That didn't take very long for you at all!!!!!!

Relocating is never easy, but the excitement of a new beginning is always fun. I wish you the best with the move.

You're giving away the flamingo feather I sent you?????? J/K :happy: Mine is totally gone now. The Blue Ochtodes out-competed it.

Thanks! It will be fun, its a really nice area, a small city, good family atmosphere, I'm excited and terrified all at once.

Unfortunately I think I'm giving everything away, I don't really want to try and move things 800 miles and deal with the heartache of losing precious pieces. I'd rather leave them with someone else and know they are okay. FS thread later today.

I do want the flamingo feather. Or send it back to gena if she wants it.

I don't want it!!!!! Not that I don't like it...it's a great macro. I just don't know where I'd put it right now. It's all yours :)

Archived