Cultivated Reef

ReefCleaners Rock Aquascaping Contest - Vote Now

johnmaloney

Edit/Update - Vote Here:

http://reefcleaners.org/index.php?option=c...cat&catid=2

Original Post:

Lets see what you did with what we sent you! Post your pics here, and we will compile it with others posted around the internet of our rock and we will see who has the best eye for design.

Judging :

Judges will be chosen by us, we aren't doing it to play favorites but we have found that if we leave things completely open to the public members from larger reef sites vs. local forums don't get the number of votes necessary to win. (Although some local sites are so large and active they tip the balance the other way...) Anyway, I am honest and so are the judges I will pick so if you don't get picked don't get worked up over it. Trust me, this will reduce favoritism.

I will get 10 judges, each will pick their top 3 aquascapes. Top 10 tanks with the most votes form that go onto the finals do be voted on by everyone for 1 week.

Time frame:

Pictures must be submitted by 11:59PM EST Sept 18th

Top 10 tanks will be posted on Sept 20th

Voting by the public is open on Sept 21st to Sept 28th, ending Sept 28th at 11:59pm EST - the link to the voting area will be posted in this thread sometime before voting opens.

Rules:

Post your picture on time

Allow us to use the winning picture on our product description page.

It has to be a picture of a tank containing at least 50% of rock purchased from us.

Only the aqua-scape will be judged. Coral, fish and even the tank setup should be ignored. Just the rock formations.

Anyone who emails myself or one of the judges asking or hinting towards favoritism will have to be ignored by that judge during the contest.

Fabulous Prizes:

Winner -

Best aquascape gets $100 cash money via paypal.

Runner Up -

All entries get a $5 gift certificate - you must email us what you want that code to be, try to use something that makes sense with your name. For example, I would use the code "jmaloney" - No that is not the password to my Netflix account so don't bother. :)

Dead Last -

The very worst aquascape gets a new box of rocks to fix whatever it is you got going on over there. It will be picked by me so there is only one person to be mad at. :)

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Deleted User 6

Nice! Wonder where this idea came from? :P

40B, 90% RC rock.

997218961_rsdNi-XL.jpg

Left: Mt. Holliday

Right: Huckleberry Hill

I was shooting to have as close to a golden ratio as I could get - I'm pleased how it turned out.

Right-click -> View Image for a larger pic.

So after 3 hours of re-doing and blisters/bleeding fingers I have come up with my contest scape. I like thw tunnel look so that it what I went with. Hope it's ok if it's on the cardboard that was around my tank.

FCBS (card board) This will be the pic to be judged:

DSC02561.jpg

Close up of the cave/SPS kingdom:

DSC02562.jpg

Size reference (it looks a lot deeper in person......no comment):

DSC02563.jpg

Acan/ric castle:

DSC02564.jpg

Top down shot:

DSC02565.jpg

yep that is fine, just rock formations - water doesn't matter. barnacles are also okay, there are a few with them mixed in that will be posted..

that is pretty sweet Dhaut, thanks for setting the bar so high on the first post. :P

I think some of the cove type setups I have seen can come close, what else do you have NR?

Very cool idea. I'll post a picture in the next couple of days. Does there need to be water in the tank? :unsure:

Edit: Nevermind I actually read the posts this time.

what? no competition?

weaksauce.

Don't worry bud. Soon you will eat my aquascape.

I'll talk more smack when I actually get one figured out. ;)

Nice! Wonder where this idea came from? :P

40B, 90% RC rock.

997218961_rsdNi-XL.jpg

Left: Mt. Holliday

Right: Huckleberry Hill

I was shooting to have as close to a golden ratio as I could get - I'm pleased how it turned out.

Right-click -> View Image for a larger pic.

Wow...very nice!!!

Ok guys, come on. John's basically paying you $5 to join this contest. POST DA PICS!

I need ma rock first :D

Said it would ship on Wed. so it should be here on Fri.

50lbs of reefcleaners dry rock with 10lbs of existing LR in a 40b peninsula

Left

Center

Right

Yes, that big arch in the center pic is one piece of rock !

one thing about dasani is that he is always early for a contest. :P Will have it there in time, or we can add yours in later for sure.

Yay :) and incase you didn't get the e-mail, yes I want small-medium sized pieces. Moar medium sized than small though. I said fist size for the smaller pieces but I think that might be a lil to small.

the mangrove lagoon is definitely different! Is the wood going to be submerged later on?

you dont see many peninsula tanks, nice looking setup!

the mangrove lagoon is definitely different! Is the wood going to be submerged later on?

you dont see many peninsula tanks, nice looking setup!

yes they will be halfway submerged-I will also be growing red and black along the driftwood to give it a sense of old growth

Archived